Articles on this Page
- 01/29/13--09:09: _Does Hasbro Have Ir...
- 01/29/13--09:13: _SXS Announce SXS-F0...
- 01/29/13--09:30: _Hasbro's Star Wars ...
- 01/29/13--09:34: _Happy Birthday Lewi...
- 01/29/13--09:43: _Mattel Fourth Quart...
- 01/29/13--09:45: _Star Wars Black Ser...
- 01/29/13--09:52: _The MARK HAMILL INT...
- 01/29/13--10:00: _Squink! dreams up a...
- 01/29/13--10:08: _Video - Zach talks ...
- 01/29/13--10:10: _Geek Shall Inherit ...
- 01/29/13--10:38: _Gun debate turns to...
- 01/29/13--11:24: _Mattel Launches New...
- 01/29/13--11:25: _Family Travel: Medi...
- 01/29/13--11:51: _Forbes Earnings Pre...
- 01/29/13--12:00: _Here's a roundup of...
- 01/29/13--12:09: _Sprout’s Original S...
- 01/29/13--13:00: _Kotobukiya's Mikoto...
- 01/29/13--14:03: _Vanessa
- 01/29/13--14:19: _Uncharted 3 Nathan ...
- 01/29/13--14:22: _Max Steel Original ...
- 01/29/13--09:09: Does Hasbro Have Iron Man's Head in the Sand?
- 01/29/13--09:30: Hasbro's Star Wars line experiences limited growth splurt
- 01/29/13--09:34: Happy Birthday Lewis Wilson - The First BATMAN Actor
- 01/29/13--09:43: Mattel Fourth Quarter Earnings Sneak Peek
- 01/29/13--09:45: Star Wars Black Series – 6 Inch Action Figure Line
- 01/29/13--09:52: The MARK HAMILL INTERVIEW Over at the Nerdist Podcast!
- 01/29/13--10:00: Squink! dreams up a new resin figure
- 01/29/13--10:08: Video - Zach talks Batman with Christian Bale
- 01/29/13--10:10: Geek Shall Inherit Episode 058 – The Morning Show
- 01/29/13--10:38: Gun debate turns to toys
- 01/29/13--11:24: Mattel Launches New Global Entertainment Franchise Max Steel(TM)
- 01/29/13--11:25: Family Travel: Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament In Buena Park, CA
- 01/29/13--11:51: Forbes Earnings Preview: Mattel
- 01/29/13--12:00: Here's a roundup of OutsmART Originals' latest
- Year of the Snake by AW177; selling for US$20, AW177 is also giving away a one-off 12-inch-by-16-inch print of the shirt's design to one lucky buyer.
- Decorum by Dave Webb (a.k.a. davemarkart); all purchases come with an entry into a raffle to win a 4-inch Munny designed by Dave.
- The Crown, a T-shirt and beanie from Rsin. The shirt is US$20, the beanie US$15, and a set of both for US$30. Additionally, if you buy one or both items, you get an entry into a raffle to win a 4-inch Dunny from Rsin.
- 01/29/13--12:09: Sprout’s Original Series, The Chica Show, to Debut on NBC Kids
- 01/29/13--13:00: Kotobukiya's Mikoto hits the beach and retailers
- 01/29/13--14:03: Vanessa
- 01/29/13--14:19: Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake Premium Format Figure
- 01/29/13--14:22: Max Steel Original Graphic Novels Coming From Viz Media
Thrid Party toy makers SXS have released news and images of their rocket pack accessory for the Transformers MP-10 Masterpiece Convoy figure from Takara Tomy. The kit also includes the missing gas pump for Roller. Now you can relive those scenes from the G1 cartoon. the set is a gas pump and nozzle for Roller. No details on pricing or a release date at this time. See the images below for more details.
Hasbro's Star Wars figures are making the jump to a 6-inch format with the new "Black Series". USA Today reports that this new series will launch in mid-August with four figures to start: Luke Skywalker in flight gear, R2-D2, Darth Maul (?), and an Imperial Sandtrooper.
Given that USA Today's reporter Brian Truitt uses the subheader, "New toys are on a bigger scale and will focus on characters from the original movie trilogy," I'm going to assume that he's incorrect on reporting that Darth Maul will premiere in the first wave and instead meant Darth Vader, as Darth Maul was neither in the original trilogy nor is as popular/iconic as Darth Vader.
The Black Series will feature stark black packaging because Hasbro allegedly feels that the simplicity and essence will make the figures stand out in the toy aisle. Hasbro's 3.75-inch Star Wars line will continue under the Black Series banner and feature similar packaging.
This new line is massive news and an object of immediate interest. Rather than merely branching out into the 6-inch scale and doing something similar to its Marvel Legends line (Legends being specifically cited in the article), Hasbro almost seems to be "upscaling" their 3.75-inch figures. The articulation conventions are surprisingly similar, with ball-sockets at the elbows and what appears to be a torso joint rather than an ab crunch and waist rotation. Likewise, the hip jointing is similar to what's used in the absence of a simple hinge. The only element that immediately strikes me as being a little unique would be the knees, which appear to be double-pinned (a convention I don't recall ever being used in the 3.75-inch Star Wars line). That said, Luke still looks absolutely phenomenal so Hasbro has clearly picked a good path.
The 6-inch Star Wars Black Series figures are listed as having a US$20 MSRP which strikes me as being oddly high considering that Hasbro's Marvel Legends line still seems to be US$15 despite being on the same scale. However, it's still a price that I imagine most of us will be happy to pay.
[via USA Today]
This post is a tribute to a great Actor named Lewis Wilson (1919-2000). Yesterday, January 28th, was his 94th birthday. Mr. Wilson plays a very important part of Bat-History because he was the very first Actor to ever portray the Bat-Man. He did so in a series of Movie Serials from 1943 that contained 15 episodes. The basic plot was about a Japanese Spy called Dr. Daka who turned American Citizens into Zombies using a radium-powered ray gun.
You can watch the 1st episode down below, it's really fun & a joy to see so please be sure to check it out Also, just below that, we have a "1943 BATMAN MOVIE" Tribute Wallpaper created by a friend of ours (Thanks BatDave).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEWIS WILSON and Thank You For Your Wonderful Contribution to the Batman Character.
Click Image Down Below for BATMAN WALLPAPER:
Star Wars Black Series – 6 Inch Action Figure Line
There has been rumors circling around for a few days that Gentile Giant has been sculpting some 6 inch Star Wars action figures for Hasbro...
[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
HEY KIDS! Over at the NERDIST PODCAST website you can now listen to a really great interview they did recently with Mark Hamill. He was the Actor who played Luke Skywalker in a film called "Star Wars". It's a very cool movie, check it out sometime!
But also, for the last 20 years or so, he has been the voice of the Joker! Yes, he played the character in the "Batman: The Animated Series" TV Cartoon and then later did the voice again for 2 Batman Video Games, Batman: Arkham Asylum and it's award winning sequel, Arkham City.
To visit the podcast and listen, just CLICK HERE!
Squink!'s latest is no custom Dunny; it's a full-blown resin piece he's calling The Dreamer. The first release comes with 5 resin pieces, all handpacked in latched wooden boxes. The first run of the water-logged fellows comes in four variants of ocean-floating fun: Antique Glow (which glows in the dark); Titanium Gold; Oceanic; and Sea Shadow. All are one-offs except Sea Shadow, which has two pieces. Five more will be at ToyCon UK, and after that, you'll only be able to get them are in Squink!'s store or other events like his May show in New York City.
If you're interested, you can pick one up on Friday, Feb. 1, in his shop for £50 each. What do you think of this newest piece, and are you interested enough to put money down for one?
Check out this extremely heartwarming video showing a brave kid named Zach who is battling leukemia. That's his photo up above. Zach recently got a phone call from Batman Actor Christian Bale & you can hear it in this video Zach's parents posted on YouTube. It's really great and a very generous thing that Mr.Bale did. He seriously has a lot of class. We hope Zach recovers soon. Zach is MY Hero.
Be it rain, sleet or snow – NOTHING will keep us from getting together to record and talk about the latest news in pop culture. As rain gripped the Southland we braved the elements to record a new episode. What’s new with your favorite geeks this week? Daniel isn’t finding any new toys in stores [...]
Nerf guns and violent video games are targeted, but manufacturers note that they don't cause shootings in other countries.
New Multi-Platform Venture Will Feature Animated Superhero TV Series Broadcast in More Than 100 Global Markets, Turbo-Charged Online Content Hub and Robust Toy and Consumer Products Line EL SEGUNDO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Max Steel™, a wholly-owned intellectual property from Mattel, makes its global debut in March with an animated superhero series premiere on Disney XD in [...]
While on our Dodge Journey To California trip our family wanted to do and see all that California had to offer in our time there. I’ll be honest, I have always wanted to go to the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament in Buena Park, California and this trip offered us the perfect opportunity to do... [Continue Reading]
OutsmART Originals has been a bit busy lately, and they've put up a few new products on their site, each coming with a matching giveaway:
On top of all of that, you can add in the little contest in the header image: OutsmART Originals is giving away 150 mini-figures in three 50-figure packages. The packages contain Qees, Kubrics and more; all you have to do to enter in the contest is purchase or pre-order anything in the OutsmART Originals store from now through Feb. 1. If you've ordered anything since Jan. 15, you're already entered, too.
The Chica Show, Sprout’s newest original series, will join the NBC Kids Saturday morning lineup on February 9. The Chica Show made its television debut on 24-hour preschool television channel Sprout on November 24. With its debut on NBC Kids, the show will double its reach to 115 million homes nationwide. NBC Kids, programmed by [...]
A Certain Scientific Railgun hasn't been on air for a while, but I'm always happy to see more Biribiri. Kotobukiya has a small preview gallery of their Beach Side Mikoto Misaka figure to herald her availability for pre-orders.
You can get a pretty good look at the base, which actually has a fairly convincing water splashing effect. I'm not one to pine for swimsuit figures but I really want this one. Mikoto's expression is just adorable and the figure actually shows that side of her personality pretty well.
As I mentioned, she's up for pre-order right now for ¥7,600. She'll be out in June, just in time to hit the waves for real.
Throughout the years of my blogging, I have written about how I love Fashion Royalty Vanessa. When the 'designers' over at IT started messing with her face, they caused problems for those of us who loved her original big-eyed, open mouth look. One doll that appeared at the end of the convention in 2011 was an FR2 Vanessa called Evermore. She was just a little more popular than her very unpopular gown, many of which can hardly be given away.
Her eyes were slitty and her hair was designed in an unbalanced, off center bird's nest swirl. Not terrible but very hard-looking and not how I want my Vanessas to look.
This was my first attempt at doing a wrapped pony tail. I used a lot of Got-To-Be-Glued hair product to hold the wrap in place. I do not understand how people use pins to hold hair in place. Pins are straight (usually) and the hair just flops around them. Obviously there is a lot about hair styling I have yet to learn.
Here's my gal now.