Articles on this Page
- 10/25/12--13:54: _Foolproof strategie...
- 10/25/12--14:00: _Meow Mix Now At Sam...
- 10/25/12--15:13: _Looking for Somethi...
- 10/25/12--16:34: _Sponsor Announcemen...
- 10/25/12--17:28: _The best time to bu...
- 10/25/12--17:37: _Tamashii: Chogokin ...
- 10/25/12--18:24: _Lunartik Halloween ...
- 10/25/12--20:14: _Bloody Hot Pumpkin ...
- 10/25/12--20:17: _LittleBits: Ghostfa...
- 10/25/12--20:24: _The 1:Face Story Th...
- 10/25/12--20:28: _Daily Graffiti: Aaa...
- 10/25/12--20:35: _Sekure D’s Robot Ar...
- 10/25/12--20:36: _New signature line ...
- 10/25/12--20:44: _Business Card Template
- 10/25/12--21:42: _Best Children’s Boo...
- 10/25/12--22:12: _Super7 x Devils Hea...
- 10/25/12--22:22: _Super7 Fossila Eru...
- 10/25/12--22:37: _Anime Festival Asia...
- 10/26/12--00:10: _Linda's How-Do-I Se...
- 10/26/12--00:57: _Z0MZ Teaser 4 from ...
- 10/25/12--13:54: Foolproof strategies for finding hot toys
- 10/25/12--14:00: Meow Mix Now At Sam’s Club
- 10/25/12--16:34: Sponsor Announcement: Big Bad Toy Store
- 10/25/12--17:28: The best time to buy toys
- 10/25/12--17:37: Tamashii: Chogokin King Robo Mickey & Friends
- 10/25/12--18:24: Lunartik Halloween Brew – Midnight Release
- 10/25/12--20:14: Bloody Hot Pumpkin Teas from Lunartik The Halloween madness...
- 10/25/12--20:17: LittleBits: Ghostface Killah reviews the ‘Iron Man...
- Ghostface Killah reviews the Iron Man 3 trailer.
- Polygon.com has finally launched. It’s pretty much the classiest and sophisticated gaming site ever. They also produce some really nice videos.
- Arnold Scwarzenegger is gonna’ be Conan again.
- Delicious Death Star chocolates.
- Sexy Skeletor cosplay.
- Doc of the Dead - a pretty rad looking documentary about the zombie uprising in pop culture.
- DumbleDora the Explorer.
- 10/25/12--20:24: The 1:Face Story These classy watches go for $40 each. Part of...
- 10/25/12--20:28: Daily Graffiti: Aaahh!!! Real Monsters! Epic. I actually raised...
- 10/25/12--20:35: Sekure D’s Robot Army Invades Boston Sekure D dropped by...
- 10/25/12--20:36: New signature line of models coming soon!
- 10/25/12--20:44: Business Card Template
- When handing over your name card - make sure it is facing the recipient and not yourself - you are handing it over for the recipient to read and not for you to read!
- Where possible, hand over your name card with one hand and accept your recipients name card with your other hand. Your middle hand should stay in its pocket.
- Never ever ever toss a name card over to a recipient - the meeting and relationship is over once you do that.
- If you got sweaty hands then make sure you wipe them before meeting somebody!
- Now that you carry around a name card, the next thing you must do for your career is write a resume - my resume template also for download.
- 10/25/12--21:42: Best Children’s Books for Bedtime and Sleeping Help
- Children’s Books About Going to School?
- Top Learning Toys for 3 to 9 Year Old Boys and Girls
- Popular Toy Ideas for 10 Year Old Boys
- Classic Games for Classic Family Fun on Game Night
- Top Building Toys for Boys 6 to 8 Years Old
- 10/25/12--22:12: Super7 x Devils Headquarters Pocket Mummy Boy (10.31)
- 10/25/12--22:22: Super7 Fossila Eruption Event Pocket Rose Vampire @ Designer Con
- 10/25/12--22:37: Anime Festival Asia Cafe
- 10/26/12--00:57: Z0MZ Teaser 4 from Dynomight NYC
Here are some strategies to make sure that whatever toy your child wants, from the latest Monster High doll or robotic Furby pet to the child-size LeapPad Explorer, is under the tree — without having to pay exorbitantly on eBay or elsewhere.
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Meow Mix for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine. With plenty of cats in the family I always found the Meow Mix cats so cute. Now you can play with the classic jingle! Create a custom mix of the song and share with your... [Continue Reading]
I mentioned back in May that E.T. was coming to Blu-ray. I also mentioned that I was extremely excited about this. Extremely. What better movie to watch as we get closer to Halloween than E.T.? The movie is filled with Halloween and it’s about an extra terrestrial! I love it when they dress E.T. upRead More
Big Bad Toy Store has updated their site with their latest pre-orders and new arrivals. Click through to get in on the latest Mars Attacks, Transformers, and Marvel items!
If you have kids on your holiday shopping list, don't fall for the temptation of Black Friday. History shows there are better deals to be found.
Tamashii Nations has revealed their upcoming Chogokin King Robo Mickey & Friends King Robo figure. This figure stands approximately 9" tall and will retail for $170. Included in this release will be robotic versions of Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and Goofy. Scheduled for release in March 2013. Follow through for the full image gallery.
Just in time for Halloween, Lunartik has carved 50 spooky pumpkin brews to haunt your home. Bloody Hot Pumpkin Tea 50 Cups at £60.00 each – All have flickerin’ eyes and come with tasty treats! Warning: 5 cups have been dipped in an Acid bath but the rest are Bloody as hell! Released on the 26th October at Midnight – Check the Lunartik Shopwhen the clock strikes twelve to bag your own terrifying tea!
Bloody Hot Pumpkin Teas from Lunartik
The Halloween madness continues. Matt JOnes, AKA Lunartik, will release his limited edition Bloody Hot Pumpkin Tea tomorrow at midnight, UK time. It’s limited to 50 hand cast, painted, signed, and numbered pieces. Get it here.
LittleBits: Ghostface Killah reviews the ‘Iron Man 3’ trailer, zombie docs, Death Star chocs, your new favorite gaming website and more.
The 1:Face Story
These classy watches go for $40 each. Part of that money goes to feeding poor kids, treating AIDS patients, supporting cancer patients, getting mammograms for the ladies, providing water to thirsty folks, or saving the environment. For example, the money from one watch will feed 16 kids. 14 will pay for a mammogram. Great product, great idea. Get one.
Daily Graffiti: Aaahh!!! Real Monsters!
Sekure D’s Robot Army Invades Boston
Sekure D dropped by to do an interview with Albotas about sneakers, designer toys, and customizing. We’ll have that for you soon, but in the meantime, take a look at the drawing he did on the walls of my office building.
Don’t miss our new line of signature series aircraft models coming to our store soon! The P-51 Tuskegee “Kitten” signed by Charles McGee will be sold exclusively on www.militarymodelsonline.com. Our price for this one of a kind signed beauty? How about $269.95! The retail value of this model is $399.00. This specific P51 model is [...]
I've been living in Japan for about 13 years now - half of the time working for others - the other half working for myself. Since I started up my company back in 2007, I've gained many clients in the anime industry including Good Smile Company, Bushiroad, Production IG, Kotobukiya, Ascii Media Works, Kadokawa, Konami, Yuzu Soft and King Records. Non anime industry clients include Dentsu and the Japanese Ministry of Trade and Industry. Check out my profile to see what I've been doing with these companies.
If I told you that the key to gaining clients is the name card then I'd be lying. But! The name card is the first thing you exchange when meeting new potential clients and an essential part of doing business - not only in Japan but around the world too.
However, you do not need to be running a business to have your own card. Regardless of whether you are a student or a NEET, everybody needs a name card - especially if you are a NEET! People who you meet will enrich your life with opportunities, friendship and inspiration.
When I first started my company however, I had a plain card with only my company logo and a bunch of text - boring and uninspiring. After a while, I thought it made sense to have a design which reflected my company culture.
Since then, I've always had my mascot Mirai Suenaga on my card - it is *always* the first thing that the other party brings up - an easy way to break the ice and allows us to start business talks in a relaxed atmosphere. Much of my work is character development so having Mirai on my card also makes it easy for me to talk about who Mirai is leading to potential collaborations - for example Mirai in anime titles such as MayoChiki and Twin Angel.
Just imagine - you meet somebody who you feel could be a great friend or business partner. They give you a name card but you got nothing to give back - does not look too good does it? It gives the impression that you dont care about any form of career development in life - business or friendship wise. Even if you have their name card and email them later - what are the chances that they still remember you - or reply to you given the first impression you gave of yourself?
I came up with a modified template of my name card and put in illustrations of Mirai done by various illustrators - the template is in Illustrator format and lives here - please feel free to use it to print your own name cards!
The fonts are not outlined so all you have to do is to highlight the text and type over it. The font is Myriad Pro which comes with a Mac - if you are Windows user then I'm sure Google Sensei will tell you where you can download it for free.
If you are giving the template to a printer - make sure you delete all the layers that you dont need and outline the fonts. Start caring about your life career and carry around a name card now!
OK, now that you have decided to carry around a name card - just a couple of notes:-
A video below talks about how a Meishi (name card) should be exchanged properly. Happy networking!
All the above name card templates can be found in this file!
Having trouble with bedtime? You are NOT alone. This is something that many (if not all) parents must deal with at some point. To help, we have some of the best Children’s books for bedtime.Bedtime Books for Babies & [...]
Super7 is working with Devil's Head Productions to release a special Halloween Pocket Mummy Boy. This release features a translucent orange vinyl with a resin demonic creature inside. The S7xDHP will be available on Halloween, Wednesday, October 31st at Noon PST for $35 each.
Super7 will be present at this years Designer Con and they’ve got a couple things for you to look forward to! First up is the Fossila Eruption event, stick your hand down the volcano and pull yourself a one-of-a-kind Fossila figure! How awesome is that! Each pull will cost ya...
Going to take a lookie at some of the shenanigans that went on in the maid and butler cafe at AFA Indonesia - then we take a look at whats in store for AFA Singapore 12 which is just around the corner!
First photo with Kiyo-chan!
Starting off with photo outside cafe hours - the girls in their casual wear looking very sweet indeed!
The big boss who runs the cafe - Leang Dzai Jim.
A peek at the cafe in action in the video below!
And a look at where the lads work - in the butler cafe.
The big boss checks all food before his girls are allowed to eat.
The big boss makes sure to inspect all photos of his girls before we can upload to the burogu.
The queues waiting to get into the butler and maid cafes were just incredible!
This year at AFA Singapore, the MoeMoekyun Experience Zone cafe is going to be a school theme! Bring a load of tissues!
Tissues to wipe nosebleeds I mean.
I'll be at the cafe from time to time - see you there!
There is a poll embedded in this article.
I just LOVE designing ornaments and favors for baby showers that are fun and easy to make. So, I decided to design 2 different cut and sew fabrics that could be used to make cut and sew baby shower doll favor ornaments.
My Linda's How-Do-I Series? How To Make Our Baby Nicky and It's A Boy! It's A Girl! Centerpiece Dolls Cut and Sew Favor Ornaments E-Book is a 6-page color pictorial tutorial that shows you how to make my four adorable cut and sew ornaments. They are just so cute and easy to make. You're going to love decorating your baby shower with them. And, your quests are going to love taking them home as a keepsake favor ornament.
This e-book will show you how to make our Baby Nicky boy cut and sew ornament, our Baby Nicky girl cut and sew ornament, our It’s A Boy! centerpiece doll cut and sew ornament, and our It’s A Girl! Centerpiece doll cut and sew ornament. All four of our baby shower favor ornaments are made the same way.
For the fabrics you need to buy enough of the fabrics you need for the number of ornaments and types of ornaments you will be making. The cut and sew fabrics are as follows:
Have fun making your favor ornaments.
Posted by Linda Walsh Originals- "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns - "Instant Download E-Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals Dolls - "Handmade Dolls & Crafts for Grown-up Girls!"
Z0MZ Coming Soon! From Dynomight NYC - I can't wait for their drop! Click HERE to see what they are, and check out what Justin Rudy had to say about the figurines' status:"They are getting ready to be sent out! I am just waiting on prices for shipping costs. They will be on a boat soon! Now I just need to figure out where the hell to store all these little bastards. LOL!"You KNOW there's always