Articles on this Page
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Satsuma Edition Spi...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Sideshow Collectibl...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Panda In A Box Coin...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _REVIEW: Stomper DIY
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Super7 - Strawberry...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _TOY MUSEUM MAKES CH...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _set database: LEGO ...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Mattel Disney Pixar...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _TFsource 3-7 Source...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Moekana
- 03/08/12--07:31: _doudoupop Biodou
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Two New Dalek Space...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _PawPals Edgar Papertoy
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Wha' Happened: The ...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Finding Affordable ...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _The Hobbit, TMNT, D...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Teaser for Saint Se...
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Wedding Dunny Set
- 03/08/12--07:31: _How to Learn Japanese
- 03/08/12--07:31: _Zone of the Enders ...
- 03/08/12--07:31: Satsuma Edition Spike Wad from Jeff Lamm x Unbox Industries
- 03/08/12--07:31: Sideshow Collectibles: Second Chance For Magneto Bust
- 03/08/12--07:31: Panda In A Box Coin Bank By Itazura
- 03/08/12--07:31: REVIEW: Stomper DIY
- 03/08/12--07:31: Super7 - Strawberry Caramel Delight Foster @ Wondercon
- 03/08/12--07:31: TOY MUSEUM MAKES CHILDREN APPRECIATE THEIR PLAYTHINGS
- 03/08/12--07:31: set database: LEGO 7214 sea plane
- 03/08/12--07:31: Mattel Disney Pixar CARS 2 Diecast: CARS 2 Target Easter Bin
- 03/08/12--07:31: Moekana
- Product Name: Moekana (もえかな)
- Series: Culture Japan
- Category: Goods
- Price: 1,500 yen
- Release: Date 2012/04
- Specifications: 50 Japanese study cards each 88mm x 63mm. Made in Japan.
- Released by: Culture Japan
- Distributed by: Good Smile Company
- Ages: 6 and up.
- 03/08/12--07:31: doudoupop Biodou
- 03/08/12--07:31: Two New Dalek Space Monkey Prints
- 03/08/12--07:31: PawPals Edgar Papertoy
- 03/08/12--07:31: Wha' Happened: The Network Roundup (3/7/12)
- 03/08/12--07:31: Finding Affordable SEO Service
- 03/08/12--07:31: The Hobbit, TMNT, Dark Knight, Transformers, Bandai & More At BBTS
- 03/08/12--07:31: Wedding Dunny Set
- 03/08/12--07:31: How to Learn Japanese
- Pick out 10 pairs of cards per player from the two decks
- Lay out all the cards face up neatly in any order
- Spend a minute to memorize where all the cards are
- Flip all the cards over
- Take turns in clockwise order to flip any 2 cards over
- If both cards are the same, the player keeps those cards
- If the cards are different, flip them back face down
- The game ends when all the cards have been taken
- Lay all 50 cards face up on the floor in the middle of the room
- Both players sit in Seiza style at opposite ends of the room
- The judge shuffles a second deck of Moekana and places it face down in front of her
- The judge flips over the top card of the deck, and shouts out the Japanese word on the top right of the card
- The players rush to the cards, and slams their palm down on the corresponding card
- The first player to put her hand on the right card keeps the card
- Both players return back to their positions and repeat steps 1-4
- The game ends when all the cards have been taken
- Remove the special cards (Character Cards or Moekana Card) and shuffle the deck
- Deal the cards out in clockwise order starting from the dealer's left
- Each player receives one special card
- The player on the dealer's left starts by forming a noun that has 2 or more syllables with the hiragana available in her hand, and places the corresponding cards down in the pot (pile of cards in the middle)
- The next player must form a noun that has 2 or more syllable, and starts with the last hiragana of the previous player's word, with the cards available in her hand, and places those cards in the pot
- Special cards can be used to represent any hiragana syllable. (Wild Card)
- Dakuten and Handakuten may be ignored (eg. は can be used to represent ば and ぱ)
- Only nouns are allowed
- If a player is unable to form a connecting word with the cards available in her hand, she keeps all cards in the pot into her hand
- If a player forms a word that ends with the hiragana "ん" (n), that player keeps all cards in the pot into her hand
- Using no external support, build the tallest Moekana Card Tower!
- Build your Moekana Card Tower
- Take lots of photos of it when done
- Look out for Card Tower competitions
- Submit your photos and win
- 03/08/12--07:31: Zone of the Enders - Vic Viper Plastic Model Kit
Subsequent to the Kiwi and Black-Vinyl Colorway reveals earlier, check out yet another new colorway of Jeffrey Lamm's Spike Wad figure produced by Unbox Industries! Titled 'Satsuma Edition' - Dudebox reports that this edition "will be available only to their newsletter subscribers" ! you know what to do now, folks!
Sideshow Collectibles has just freed up five pieces of the regular edition of their Marvel Universe Magneto Legendary Scale Bust. Act fast to get yours, as it won't last long!
The Panda In A Box Coin Bank by Itazura is an adorable way to help the mini geeks, and yourself, to save money. Coins may not seem very valuable, but over time, you can build up quite a stash of money just from extra change that you have lying around or that you got after ordering those five Taco Bell tacos with a twenty dollar bill. Of course, I would never recommend ordering five tacos just for the change – that’s ...
Background RocketDesign touts their Stomper vinyl as the first designer toy from Poland. This do-it-yourself platform toy has been released in a pair of DIY colorways (or lack-of-color-ways): White and Black. The Facts
Stomper DIY Manufacturer: RocketDesign Artist: Michal Nowak Material: Rotocast vinyl Dimensions: 3” tall Points of Articulation: Zero Designs: White DIY; Black DIY [...]
Even though Wondercon won’t be taking place in San Francisco this year, Super7 is still making the trip out to Anaheim to join in on the fun. With them, they will be bringing along with them some t-shirts and Exclusive Wondercon releases. One of those exclusives, being the Strawberry Caramel...
MELAKA, March 8 (Bernama) -- Children and their toys are virtuallyinseparable, but when they become bored with their toys, most likely theseplaythings will be abandoned or simply discarded. Perhaps a trip to the Toy Museum located at Jalan Penghulu Abbas in BukitBaru here would make children appreciate their toys more. The museum has more than 10,000 toys of various shapes and sizes on displayin ...
set database: LEGO 7214 sea plane
theme: town, world city, airport, airline exclusive
world city sub theme in town theme.
the plane has 2 propellers, a seat for pilot and top rear compartment for suitcases and backpack.
Top 10 Reasons You Nnneeeddddd and Must Own These Target Easter Bin CARS: 10) It only looks like we moved these directly from the toy pegs. 09) It only looks like we opened another box from backstock (only 44 more to go!) 08) These ARE the CARS you’re looking for! 07) The clamshell is much [...]
TFsource 3-7 SourceNews - TFC Toys - TFC-007 - Rage of Hercules Add-on Kit
As a learner of the Japanese language, I know that many Japanese learning aids can be dull which does not do much to encourage the user to learn or remember. I want to change that and am going to have Mirai Suenaga and co help me starting with hiragana flash cards which I'm calling "Moekana" [もえかな] - the term created from "moe" [萌え] and "kana" [仮名].
So many people gain interest in learning Japanese through enjoying anime and manga so it makes sense to marry 2D culture with Japanese language learning.
Its been nearly a year since I started to develop this product and am over the moon to announce that the pack of 50 cards will be available for pre-order later today. The cards are manufactured under the Culture Japan brand and Good Smile Company will be handling the worldwide distribution - the detail page is now up on the official Good Smile Company site - details plucked from the product page below.
Product DescriptionMoekana are a set of cards to help folks learn the basic Japanese syllabary: hiragana. The cards feature the characters of the TV show and website produced by Danny Choo called Culture Japan who are, Mirai Suenaga, Haruka Suenaga and Kanata Hoshikawa.
The pack of 50 different moekana cards feature cute kawaii illustrations by the Japanese artist Ikkyuu - the adorable artwork alone is enough to help learners learn hiragana but there are many ways one can also use the cards to start learning Japanese.
Moekana should be available for pre-order at the following online retailers and more. My bothan spies tell me that some of these retailers will discount the retaill price further.
Update - moekana is now ranked 11 in the best selling anime product on Amazon Japan!
At last! the detail page up at Good Smile.
These are just development samples printed on our home printer - the actual product is being printed in Japan by a huge printing firm ^o^
The moekana cards will be exactly the same size, thickness and feel as the Bushiroad Weiss Schwarz series so they will be compatible with all TCG sleeves and boxes too. Another manufacturer in Japan has approached me and is making some Mirai Suenaga TCG sleeves as we speak ^o^
There are 50 cards in total - 46 are of the hiragana, 3 character cards and 1 explanation card all illustrated by the Japanese artist Ikkyuu-san. The character cards feature new illustrations by DMYO-sensei.
The design in the top left corner is what the back of the cards look like. One can also use moekana to learn Japanese through games like Concentration (Memory), Shiritori, House of Cards and Karuta.
You will need to have at least 1 friend and 2 sets of cards to play though ^^;
I plan to have tournament games with moekana at a few anime events that take place around the world - you will obviously need your own pack to participate ^^;
I've printed a limited amount of tournament prize cards too which winners can take home after a match.
Here is the full pack of the 50 moekana. As you can see, I chose as many aspects of Japanese Culture that I could think of like Onigiri, Katana, Kimono, Kendo, Sakura, Shiro, Sushi, Sento, Soba and more - learn hiragana, words and Japanese culture at the same time.
Folks who watched Season 2 of Culture Japan would have seen all the illustrations in the ED together with the credits. The final set of Moekana is slightly different with a few cards swapped out.
You can forward to the 27 min mark in the video below to see the credits - alternatively watch the whole thing - its Episode 7 of the second season - my fave episode!
Design for the front of the box.
Kanata has a complex.
Yes - Mirai-chan can play Taiko no Tatsujin with her eyes closed.
"Chi" is different that the one in the ED - I love this one!
The previous "to" [と] was "Tokyo Tower" but apparently I would have had licensing issues if I used that ><
But glad we came up with this instead - my wifey's fave moekana card!
This is kind of a tarot card because it tells the future ^o^
Mirai and Kanata setup shop.
Kanata in a festive mood.
The folks at Japanese immigration always mention how they love this design on my T-Shirt.
Wifey said that this years goal is to climb Fujisan.
Mirai-chan ready for battle.
So sweet! ><
My favorite Japanese garment is of the Miko.
Gah - I love them all ^^;
I miss my Mirai Itasha ;-;
Another new one for the final product. Ikkyuu-san is such a talented guy!
And the first one to be illustrated was Akumakko.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy moekana as much as I enjoyed making them and do look forward to many more Japanese learning products from Culture Japan which will include anime and game licenses too!
Update! The official site for moekana is up!
James Marshall aka Dalek has released a pair of new prints. Both 18" x 24" prints feature the infamous Space Monkey. These 8 color screen prints on Coventry Rag are a signed and numbered edition of 90 copies each. These prints ship on March 19th 2012. Pick them up for $60.00 each.
Zakane (Justus Product) has released an exclusive custom papertoy design requested from the guys of AlexInLife. They requested a paper toy of their pet dog Edgar, so Zakane added a new design to the PawPals lineup. It can currently be downloaded for free.
I'm working my way through every episode of every show of Star Trek and can I just tell you that Next Generation is even better than I remembered it as a kid. I'm still a Kirk guy, but I can feel myself moving closer to Picard with every episode. What does this have to do with the recap? Pretty much nothing. I'm guessing random thoughts are going to the be the soup du jour for this sucker.
I'll try to make it connect though. Please enjoy the posts from this federation of sites. Their prime directive is to keep you informed and entertained. Eh? Eh? Yea, I shouldn't quite my day job, should I?
The ten most anticipated films of SXSW. Flixist's SXSW coverage kicks off.
Theatrical release of Casablanca coming. The chance to see this on the big screen should not be missed.
All three Star Wars prequels edited down into one 85 minute film. By Topher Grace no less.
Annotated Anime. Catch up on your anime because there's just too much to watch on your own.
Tokyo Sky Tree opening in May. It's the second tallest thing in the world and you can buy tickets.
Babes dressed as ice cream. Yum.
Benefits of top seo companies, topseos, seo company and top seos When you’re able to to keep this in mind during your search it becomes essential to compare various investment opportunities so you make the most out of your marketing efforts. A lot of those same firms bind you into a One year contractual agreement, [...]
The Hobbit, TMNT, Dark Knight, Transformers, Bandai & More At BBTS
New Tribute Series from Rotobox Vinyl Anatomica in the works, with this custom-series based on SAINT SEIYA: First Generation Armor. The first release will see two characters (with both names starting with the letter "S") and pre-orders are currently open, via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This custom Dunny set by Lunabee is so adorable!! They’re handpainted and include details of the correct type of veil, flowers and tux that will be at the actual wedding. Obviously this particular set is not for sale, but you … Continue reading →
MoekanaMoekana are a set of cards to help you learn the basic Japanese syllabary: hiragana. The cards feature the mascot characters of the TV show and website produced by Danny Choo called Culture Japan who are, Mirai Suenaga, Haruka Suenaga and Kanata Hoshikawa.
Players: 1-4 players
Requirement: 2 packs of Moekana
Difficulty Level: Lesser Ninja
Player with most pairs of cards wins
Players: 2 players, 1 judge
Requirement: 2 packs of Moekana
Difficulty Level: Ninja
Player with most number of cards win
If there is a tie, the player with the most number of special cards (Character Cards or Moekana Card) wins
If a tie still persists, the player with the Mirai Suenaga card wins
Players: 2-4 players
Requirement: 1 pack of Moekana
Difficulty Level: Greater Ninja
Player who plays out all the cards in her hand first wins
Requirement: Camera, and lots of Moekana cards
Difficulty Level: Infinite Ninja
Players with the tallest and most visually appealing card towers win
Zone of the Enders - Vic Viper Plastic Model Kit