Articles on this Page
- 05/29/13--04:00: _Win Musical Puff, t...
- 05/29/13--04:19: _The lost world
- 05/29/13--04:27: _Disney Pixar Toons:...
- 05/29/13--05:00: _Kidrobot's Dunny 20...
- 05/29/13--05:00: _Pic of the Day >...
- 05/29/13--05:34: _Plaseebo’s The Abom...
- 05/29/13--05:55: _About McDonald's Ne...
- 05/29/13--06:00: _New Transformers sc...
- 05/29/13--06:00: _for the app obessed
- 05/29/13--06:15: _WIPs of the "S...
- 05/29/13--06:54: _Joe Con 2013: Part 3
- 05/29/13--07:00: _Examine Hanna-Justi...
- 05/29/13--07:00: _Shout! Factory and ...
- 05/29/13--07:12: _Custom-Feature: Meg...
- 05/29/13--07:30: _The Abominable Snow...
- 05/29/13--07:36: _Free Doll Clothing ...
- 05/29/13--07:45: _Castella Natalia x ...
- 05/29/13--08:00: _Summon Fate/Extra's...
- 05/29/13--08:06: _Video Review - Mast...
- 05/29/13--08:09: _HobbyXLifestyle New...
- 05/29/13--04:00: Win Musical Puff, the Magic Dragon from Rainbow Designs!
- 05/29/13--04:19: The lost world
- 05/29/13--04:27: Disney Pixar Toons: Planes & Monsters University Activity For Kids
- 05/29/13--05:00: Kidrobot's Dunny 2013 scavenger hunt reveals SDCC plans
- 05/29/13--05:00: Pic of the Day > Getting acquainted with ED-209 by triggerfinger_lie
- 05/29/13--05:34: Plaseebo’s The Abominable Snowman and Son
- 05/29/13--05:55: About McDonald's New Fairytale Hello Kitty Plush
- 05/29/13--06:00: New Transformers scans plus some info from Takara Tomy
- The Transformers Go! line with its samurai theme was designed to make Transformers specific to Japanese consumers.
- Blue police car Kenzan was designed after a traditional samurai warrior with top-not. Yellow jet Jinbu was made to look like an armored samurai in a kabuto helmet. Red fire truck Ganou is supposed to resemble a warrior monk.
- Monster Gaidora is a remold of Hasbro's Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Laserback featuring a new head designed to resemble an oni.
- Encore 23 Fortress Maximus exceeded Takara Tomy's sales expectations and we can expect more from Encore in the future.
- Masterpiece Prowl and Bluestreak were delayed because they received more orders than expected.
- Masterpiece Smokescreen will be revealed soon with a new design.
- They're currently working with car makers to license more cars for the Masterpiece line.
- Masterpiece Tigertrack will be a Tokyo Toy Show exclusive (running June 15 and 16) and come with an unchromed version of the pile drivers that came with the Amazone version of Sideswipe
- Takara Tomy will also have the first offerings from Transformers Go! available there.
- They promise there will be a significant announcement made at Tokyo Toy Show.
- Transformers Generations Metroplex will feature a different deco from the Hasbro version (long rumored to include chromed parts), and two guns.
- A new McDonald's Transformers Happy Meal promotion will be running in Japan starting June 21.
- 05/29/13--06:00: for the app obessed
- 05/29/13--06:15: WIPs of the "Six Armed Guilt Ape" by ANTZ
- 05/29/13--06:54: Joe Con 2013: Part 3
- 05/29/13--07:00: Examine Hanna-Justina the flying ace!
- 05/29/13--07:12: Custom-Feature: MegaMunny by Sasha Kiseleva
- 05/29/13--07:30: The Abominable Snowman and Son by Plaseebo (May 29-sale)
- 05/29/13--07:36: Free Doll Clothing Patterns
- 05/29/13--07:45: Castella Natalia x The Yellow Dino Plush
- 05/29/13--08:00: Summon Fate/Extra's foxy Caster with a pre-order
The nice people at Rainbow Designs are offering three Musical Puff, the Magic Dragons to give away (usually priced around £24.99).
Disney has made available some coloring pages & activities for PLANES & Monsters University. There might be an ulterior motive for giving these away free but I cannot fathom what it might be … though for some reason, I have circled two dates on my calendar that says MUST GO TO THEATER … might be [...]
On the Kidrobot blog late, late last night, Kidrobot revealed the Side Show Scavenger Hunt contest, which apparently will run up to the release on June 14. The first part of the contest is to hunt down the leaked Dunny "line art" photo from the blog, screencap/print it out, label which artist you think worked on which Dunny, and upload it to Instagram or Facebook with the tag #Dunny2013 and/or @kidrobot. This might be a bit easy (the presumed full artist list is essentially all over the Internet), but you can find the ratio list in our previous post on the Dunny 2013 Series if you want to give it a shot.
But there's an underlying sentence in the post that's a bigger deal than the scavenger hunt: the post says the contest "could win you one of FIVE San Diego Comic Con exclusive Dunnys," giving us our first confirmation of what Kidrobot is up to at SDCC this year. Presumably, and I am conjecturing here, there's going to be an exclusive Dunny at the Kidrobot booth for every single day the convention floor is open. That means from Preview Night on Wednesday, July 17, to Sunday, July 21. It fits with Kidrobot's previous release patterns, including the Homer Buddha that was last year's preview night piece.
For now, that answer just leaves us with more questions (Which artists? How big of a run-size? Original designs or just colorways? Are they somehow the five "missing" designs from the 2013 series?), which will presumably be answered in the next week or two by Kidrobot themselves. Stick around for that info!
Getting acquainted with ED-209 by triggerfinger_lie Submit your Flickr photos to Poe Ghostal’s Pic of the Day!
Bob Conge (Plaseebo) will be releasing a new custom vinyl mash-up set built from Molezilla, Night Gamer and Grody En-Man parts (as well as inset eyes). This is a one of a kind set hand painted and signed by Bob. The Abominable Snowman is 7 1/2" high and his Son is 6" high. The set [...]
You know you've got bitten by the Hello Kitty Plush-bug when you spend an extraordinarily amount of time clicking thru the web looking at images of what this picture might yield … and thanks to this site with bountiful images, the "mystery" is solved, and I am thinking I might be visiting McDees very soon, like TOMORROW "Soon" … ooohhhh boy …
I am so totally down with the black-Kitty myself, although the rest of the designs in this "Fairytale Series" looks adorable-ish … please do not mind my gushing here … maybe tis just a phase, maybe tis a need to gratify my cheap(er) toy desires, or maybe tis just morbid curiosity at work here … like it was last time …
Usually when we see our monthly magazine coverage we get some pictures and a little blurb about what we're seeing. This time around Figure Oh is featuring an article with Takara Tomy that reveals a few things about the designs of upcoming figures, some news on what to expect in the future, and some teasing about what's to come in June at Tokyo Toy Show.
Really looking forward to Tokyo Toy Show now. Looking forward to seeing where they take the Encore line now that Fortress Maximus has proven that fans will do anything for the figures they really want. Make sure to check the gallery for the new scans!
Usually my app recommendations are all about games for the little whipper-snappers nipping at your heels (check the library above for my favorite apps for kids). But today, I thought I’d share a couple of my recent iPhone/iPad app obsessions – beyond Instagram and Pinterest, of course. Dots (image via iDownloadBlog) Dots may seem like a [...]
Local artist and monkey-king ANTZ works on his 六臂罪猴 ("Six Armed Guilt Ape") illustration, and I am without a shadow of a doubt this is going to be an amazing piece. Mentioned on his Instagram @antz_rscls; "Prints n tees might be produced" … are you excited, people?
There were a fair number of GI Joe informational booths at Joe Con. I really have a lot of respect for these folks. They weren’t there selling anything, but rather there to promote the hobby and provide information. Two very cool sites were there that I had a chance to talk to: Yo Joe and [...]
It's been some time since Alter's latest flying lolis were up for pre-orders, and with May coming to an end, fans will be getting their hands on Hanna-Justina in particular any time now, if they haven't already! Having experienced Alter's Strike Witches quality first hand and being quite a fan of Hanna-Justina in particular, I need no further incentive to wish I could get my hands on this foxy lady. If you're on the fence though, this new gallery might sway your mind?
While there isn't a whole lot of variety in the characters' outfits due to their uniforms--and particular their flight gear, there's still a lot to love about Hanna. In particular, her jet black jacket stands out among her companions' more subdued colors, and so too do her exceptionally unique ears and tail--obviously one of the main draws for me! That long, wild blonde hair certainly isn't costing any points either. While she may be fairly similar to others in the line, it's still worth checking her out for the aspects that are truly all her own.
[via Akiba Hobby]
Shout! Factory and Hasbro Studios, the Los Angeles-based production and distribution division of Hasbro Inc., announced a new worldwide distribution alliance for the animated movie My Little Pony Equestria Girls. Produced and developed by Hasbro Studios, this new animated family adventure delivers a new take on the popular My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic animated series, [...]
Here's a swell look at a custom MegaMunny painted by Moscow-based artist Sasha Kiseleva (from Northern Radiance Studio). Thanks to Den Kazakov of www.vinyltoys.kz for the headsup, and you can check out more of Sasha's work here and an interview here.
Scheduled for a release on Wednesday May 29th via plaseebo.net is the
"Abominable Snowman and Son" - featuring a new custom vinyl mash-up set built from Molezilla, Night Gamer and Grody En-Man parts - priced at US$750 per set of two figures. A pretty swell and visually effective mash-up to, methinks!
"This is a one of a kind set hand painted and signed by Bob. The Abominable Snowman is 7 1/2" high and his son is 6" high, both have inset eyes."
While browsing Prego this morning, I came across a post from ~MICKI B~ Essex, England, aka Silkspike, in which she wrote about making a few t-shirts her girls. Click here for the original post on Prego.
She put up pictures and added her own methods for refining the shirts. This looks like something we can do!
|Photos by Silkspike|
More free doll clothing patterns.
Yet another reason why Bandung-based artisan Castella Natalia is the awesomeness - with these hand-painted on plush creations featuring The Yellow Dino's characters! Folks who own TYD's myriad of cut-out stickers would recognize this (as well as the lucky few who scored them from sticker onsets in my "I LIKE TOYS" fanzine). Get acquainted with Castella's work via www.castellanatalia.com and commission her for your own personalized plush!
As popular as the Fate franchise is, Fate/Extra tends to be a bit overlooked by many. Out of all of the game's characters though, it shouldn't be a surprise that the foxgirl Caster is recognized by most, and she's no stranger to getting shown off in PVC. The latest comes to us from Phat Company, who I usually think of as doing quality work. This Caster though, well. She just confuses me.
While I dig her Fate/Extra CCC costume, I just can't get behind Phat Company ballooning her chest up for some reason. She's never been a flat character, but she's certainly never looked like something out of Senran Kagura either. Furthermore, her face seems off as well, and certainly not true to the series' artwork. I would probably not think this even was Caster if her outfit wasn't so distinct.
It's not all bad, though. They did do a marvelous job with some gradient hair and a fantastically lush and fluffy tail, and again, the outfit itself looks great. I just question some of the design choices. If you're not as at odds with the look as I am, you can drop your pre-order in now for around ¥8,381, and she'll be summoned in November.
TFSource Sponsored Reviewer Peaugh has gotten a copy of the limited edition Hexatron! MMC has stated that the Hexatron will be released in late June/July due to improving the QC on this piece, so for now watch Ben & TJ's reviews and summer will be here soon! Preorder your Regular Colored Hexatron at TFsource.
HobbyXLifestyle News: Walking Dead, Lone Ranger, Man Of Steel, Ted, Despicable Me 2, Star Trek and MORE!
One of our site sponsors, HobbyXLifestyle.com has sent along an update with some new...
[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]