Articles on this Page
- 04/03/13--05:00: _Aurora World Inks L...
- 04/03/13--05:00: _Ready to rumble wit...
- 04/03/13--05:00: _Pic of the Day >...
- 04/03/13--05:17: _Bad Teeth needs mor...
- 04/03/13--05:46: _Hot Toys: The Aveng...
- 04/03/13--06:00: _Chogokin Archer up ...
- 04/03/13--06:00: _WIP Giant Embryo Cu...
- 04/03/13--06:00: _animals and creatur...
- 04/03/13--06:27: _Battle-Kata Roadblo...
- 04/03/13--06:29: _OUT OF ORDER: Fri. ...
- 04/03/13--06:52: _Video Review of the...
- 04/03/13--07:00: _Mini 10-Doh! Series...
- 04/03/13--07:00: _Babies “R” Us, What...
- 04/03/13--07:39: _Jar Jar Binks MIMOB...
- 04/03/13--07:50: _Man of Steel Movie ...
- 04/03/13--08:07: _Kids & Their To...
- 04/03/13--08:55: _Angry Woebots Wall...
- 04/03/13--09:00: _Moe Abedin's Mercur...
- 04/03/13--09:00: _Delta Children Rele...
- 04/03/13--09:11: _Sergio Mancini for ...
- 04/03/13--05:00: Aurora World Inks Licensing Deal with Hasbro
- 04/03/13--05:00: Ready to rumble with more Street Fighter IV Play Arts Kai
- 04/03/13--05:17: Bad Teeth needs more Toys!
- 04/03/13--05:46: Hot Toys: The Avengers Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark VII
- 04/03/13--06:00: Chogokin Archer up for pre-order
- 04/03/13--06:00: WIP Giant Embryo Custom by Chris Alexander for ToyCon UK
- 04/03/13--06:00: animals and creatures and dolls oh my!
- 04/03/13--06:27: Battle-Kata Roadblock (Retaliation)
- 04/03/13--06:29: OUT OF ORDER: Fri. April 5th @ MAP
- 04/03/13--06:52: Video Review of the Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Skystalker
- 04/03/13--07:00: Mini 10-Doh! Series 2 revealed, Kickstarter continues
- 04/03/13--07:00: Babies “R” Us, WhatToExpect.com Forge Strategic Partnership
- 04/03/13--07:39: Jar Jar Binks MIMOBOT – No longer an April Fool’s joke
- 04/03/13--07:50: Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman In-Hand Images
- 04/03/13--08:07: Kids & Their Toys From Around the World
- 04/03/13--08:55: Angry Woebots Wall of Fur Fang Print Pt. 2
- 04/03/13--09:00: Moe Abedin's Mercury Revealed!
- 04/03/13--09:11: Sergio Mancini for Red Mutuca at ToyCon UK
Square-Enix have already portrayed a good deal of the cast of Super Street Fighter IV in Play Arts Kai form and they're showing now signs of slowing down yet as the latest pair of releases are now up for pre-order. This time it's Ryu's best friend/rival Ken and his ever-persistent fangirl Sakura.
I have to say of these two I much prefer Ken, whose muscled, cartoonish physique fits in far better with the chunky, heavily jointed style of Play Arts Kai. It's a little much for Sakura's more petite design, and also has the unfortunate side effect of leaving her skirt hilariously short, even by figure standards.
Regardless, the sculpt and details look to match the high quality we expect from the line, though given a few reports of dodgy paintwork, we'll have to wait until they're on shelves for final confirmation. If you feel like adding these two to your roster, they'll be out in August for ¥7,200 each.
We Have To Save The Child Like Empress by Shindanrod Submit your Flickr photos to Poe Ghostal’s Pic of the Day!
In 2012, Glenn Manders, an artist from Australia, produced his first resin toy - along with Swampfiend. It was a static version of his character Cheese from the Bad Teeth comic strip that has been running for 7 years. They did a small run of yellow 'mustard' & red 'ketchup' colorways that sold out immediately. [...]
The next piece in Hot Toys' 1/6 scale Avengers Movie Masterpiece Series has been revealed to be the Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark VII figure. Follow through for the full image gallery and all the product specs.
He just popped up in the latest batch of scans, but Bandai's Chogokin Archer has now reached the pre-order window. The 16-cm-tall figure comes with a metallic finish (that Chris didn't seem to care for) as well as two extra faces, a multitude of hand parts, Ea: Sword of Rupture, a nifty base, and a wine cup set.
Dropping in late July, the only problem some might have with Archer is his price: Chogokin figures are always expensive, and Archer checks in at a retail price of ¥9,500. Still, the quality of material and design is usually pretty good on the Chogokin series, so you do seem to get what you pay for. Anyone going to pre-order him?
Chris Alexander of Creo Design shares with us his current WIP images of his Giant Embryo custom for ToyCon UK, and it is an adorable "Mutant Ninja Turtle" hatched Embryo! Here is what he had to say about his work:
"Despite making original sculptures, toys and models for a range of artist this is my first EVER customised Art Toy. You will already know from previous press releases from Penny 'Taylored Curiosities' Taylor that i hand sculpted and produced the Giant Embryo based on her original 1.5" resin figure."
"When i was asked to produce a custom on a sculpture i made - this proved to be a massive challenge. But after going through many different ideas i settled on Cowababa - pronounced Cow - a - ba - ba (play on Cowabunga the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle catch-phrase). I have always loved the TMNT and with the news of the remake underway PLUS the fact Penny owns a turtle called Alfred, i thought this was a perfect platform for me to base my custom on.
The piece is 100% hand sculpted and made from Resin and Epoxy Putty. As you can see it is still very much a WIP but this will be completed soon and painted up to reflect 1 of the TMNT.....which one i still need to decide but my favorite is Michelangelo!" ~says Chris Alexander.
Jess Quinn is such an inspiration. I can hardly pick out only a few of her creations, her Etsy shop currently has 199 of them, and they’re all pretty damn amazing. She has such a unique perspective – it’s both completely endearing and a wee bit odd. But one of my favorite things about Quinn [...]
As an adult collector, I find it difficult sometimes to go along with some of the design decisions Hasbro makes, one recent example being the portrayal of the Roadblock character in the action figure line for the upcoming G.I. Joe Retaliation movie.
Thanks to optibotimus who has posted a Video Review of the Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Skystalker action figure. Get the scoop on the next new Beast Hunteres Predacon figure coming our way. Watch the video review for Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Skystalker now.
Squid Kids Ink's Mini 10-Doh! Series 2 Kickstarter is still under way and all 16 designs for the series have now been unveiled. It's a wide variety of looks for 10-Doh!, and OH MY GOD IS THAT A BOSSY BEAR 10-DOH!? Ummm ... *cough* sorry about getting excited, but it is, via David Horvath's design. Yes, I still love Bossy Bear.
Some of the other designs are obvious as well: the Link one is Nathan Hamill's, Money Grip is kaNO's, Super Panda 3 belongs to PodgyPanda, and the Ninjatown one is Shawnimals' design. Definitely liking some of the work I see.
The Kickstarter has 11 days to go and they're looking for around US$2,200 to make this happen. If you haven't pledged yet, you probably should do that pretty soon here.
Babies “R” Us and WhatToExpect.com have entered into a strategic partnership to offer expectant moms convenient access to their combined content and retail resources. As part of this collaboration, the Babies “R” Us Registry is now available on WhatToExpect.com. Additionally, the baby products authority plans to feature content from WhatToExpect.com through various Babies “R” Us channels. The partnership will [...]
We might have been fooled by the April Fool's joke Mimoco played on collectors last year. But like a lot of these fake products that get some positive buzz, Mimoco is going to actually release a Jar Jar Binks MIMOBOT USB flash drive. There are only 500 hand-numbered units available with up to 128GB of [...]
A look at kids and their toys … “Toy Stories” is a collection of photographs taken by Italian photographer,Gabriele Galimberti.” You can see more photos & read more at Trendland. This is Ralf from Riga, Latvia. Tweet This Post
Angry Woebots and Silent Stage are out to release a brand new print for all you Panda fanatics or Pandanatics. Take a look at the Wall of Fur and Fang Pt. 2, which measures a ginormous 24” x 24” on museum rag archival paper. There will be 30 available pieces...
After numerous teaser peeks of unpainted and cropped imagery, we finally get a full-frontal reveal of Mo Abedin's 1/6 resin 'Mercury', made in collaboration with Acube Art Studios. And of course the colored version for it looks pretty splendid too! Decked out in pseudo-Samurai battle gear and standing on a severed enemy's head, Mercury carries an aerosol spraycan, about to wreck even further havok on the land! MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
'Mercury' is part of a series of Roman mythological Gods revisited and reinvented and is limited to 100 pieces worldwide. Scheduled for a release at this year's Middle East Film & Comic Con (MEFCC)! circa April 5th and 6th. No details on availability tho.