Articles on this Page
- 05/15/13--20:55: _Brandt Peters Kath...
- 05/15/13--21:27: _Paul Kaiju Slugbeard
- 05/15/13--21:52: _Ya Heard! Show Epis...
- 05/15/13--22:24: _Name That…Windblown...
- 05/16/13--01:57: _Disney Infinity: Di...
- 05/16/13--02:25: _Linda’s How-Do-I Se...
- 05/16/13--03:30: _Full Reveal of Mech...
- 05/16/13--03:44: _Mattel Disney Pixar...
- 05/16/13--03:49: _Worried mums want m...
- 05/16/13--03:51: _Moxie Poopsy Pets, ...
- 05/16/13--04:26: _HgCapital pulls sal...
- 05/16/13--05:00: _Pic of the Day >...
- 05/16/13--05:28: _Mechanized Mad Men
- 05/16/13--06:00: _worth 1000 words: c...
- 05/16/13--06:10: _TARGET x DC COMICS ...
- 05/16/13--06:13: _DC Collectibles, Tr...
- 05/16/13--06:33: _FUN PHOTOS: Batman-...
- 05/16/13--06:40: _Toys library in Bla...
- 05/16/13--06:45: _RECENT PHOTO of JUL...
- 05/16/13--07:00: _Man of Steel Toys a...
- 05/15/13--21:27: Paul Kaiju Slugbeard
- 05/15/13--21:52: Ya Heard! Show Episode 17
- 05/15/13--22:24: Name That…Windblown Hair
- 05/16/13--01:57: Disney Infinity: Disney Pixar CARS Game Pieces
- 05/16/13--03:30: Full Reveal of Mechanized Mad Men Custom Androids by Zombiemonkie
- 05/16/13--03:51: Moxie Poopsy Pets, Swim Mermaids and Hair Colour Studio
- 05/16/13--04:26: HgCapital pulls sale of Smurf maker Schleich - sources
- 05/16/13--05:28: Mechanized Mad Men
- 05/16/13--06:00: worth 1000 words: custom rolling stock
- 05/16/13--06:10: TARGET x DC COMICS = New JUSTICE LEAGUE Batman Products
- 05/16/13--06:40: Toys library in Blackburn offers fun and games
Up for Pre-Sale through Circus Posterus are Brandt Peters’ and Kathie Olivas’ Oliver and Mortimer figures from Artoyz. They have them available in Sets, Individual pieces, and even a Complete set for the price of $480. The Full set compiles of the Aqua Set, Purple Set, Red Set, and Artoyz...
It seems as though Paul Kaiju does not rest, as he has unveiled his latest upcoming figure, Slugbeard. This thing looks to be massive and even wields one heck of a ball on chain. Paul mentions that this figure has a total of 11 parts! I feel like Pollen Kaiser...
Ya’ Heard! Show is back with a brand new episode with a very special guest, Andrew Bell aka Android Bell. They get the word on his background, what’s going on, and what’s up for the future. He even gets a good burn on kaNO. Take a listen and stay tuned...
I so miss the day of being able to feel the wind blow through my dear departed hair.
The Disney Infinity video game “world” is now coming in August … with 4 “worlds” – Pirates of the Caribbean, Incredibles, CARS & Monsters University. Without going into huge detail, you are a character that interacts in that world (obviously Jack Sparrow will be doing sword fighting while collecting gold pieces while Sulley of Monsters [...]
I have been anxious to use my flower picture large panel fabric design for a few months. With Spring finally arriving I decided it was time to create my “Flower Panel Flower Picture.”
I had decided to frame my fabric picture in a finished frame as I wanted to hang it as a picture in one of my bathrooms. So, I chose a finished gold frame that I had used for some press flower pictures I had created years ago that were faded now. I thought the gold frame was perfect for the cheery flower fabric. I also thought a dark teal blue 16” by 20” mat with 11” by 14” opening would be a perfect compliment to my flower fabric picture. I had also decided ahead of time that I wanted to add some dimension to my picture and thought a few silk ribbon flower heads would be perfect for that.
Here’s how I made my picture:
Fat Quarter Flower Picture - Large Panel Fabric - http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1520850
16" by 20" Finished Picture Frame
16” by 20” Mat With 11” by 14” Opening - Teal Blue
Quilt Batting - 16” by 20”
3/4” Cream Colored Silk Ribbon Flowers - 5
16” by 20” Heavy Cardboard, Poster Board, or Foam Board
16” by 20” Piece Heavy Cardboard (If Necessary)
16” by 20” Heavy Stock Paper For Backing
Double Sided Tape
Glue Gun and Hot Glue
Picture Hanger With Saw Teeth
Nail (for Hanging Picture On wall)
1) Measure around the fat quarter flower picture - large panel fabric so it evenly measures 16” by 20” and then draw a line around it with a pencil. Make sure there is the same amount of spacing on the vertical and horizontal sides of the flower picture - large panel fabric.
2) Cut the 16” by 20” flower picture - large panel fabric out along the pencil lines you just drew.
3) Cut a piece of the quilt batting 14” by 18”.
4) Apply the double sided tape along all the edges of the 16” by 20” heavy cardboard, poster board, or foam board.
5) Center and lay the 14” by 18” piece of quilt batting on top of the 16” by 20” heavy cardboard, poster board, or foam board.
6) Center and tape the 16” by 20” flower panel fabric picture evenly to the 16” by 20” heavy cardboard, poster board, or foam board and on top of the 14” by 18” quilt batting.
7) Apply hot glue to the backs of the 5 cream colored silk floral and glue them to the front of the flower panel fabric picture as shown in the locations below:
8) Put the 16” by 20” teal blue mat inside the picture frame.
9) Put the flower panel fabric picture glued to the heavy cardboard, poster board, or foam board inside the picture frame and behind the mat making sure the picture is centered properly.
10) If the heavy cardboard, poster board, or foam board is not flush with the depth of the frame add a 16” by 20” piece of cardboard(s) until it is.
11) Tape the back of the heavy cardboard, poster board, foam board or cardboard piece you may have added to the back side of the frame with masking tape.
12) Apply the double sided tape along all the back edges of the 16” by 20” frame.
13) Cut a piece of the heavy stock paper 16” by 20”" for the backing.
14) Tape the heavy stock paper to the back of the frame so that it is evenly spaced on the back .
15) Center the picture hanger with saw teeth in the center of the top of the picture frame back and then hammer it to fasten it.
16) Hammer the nail into the wall where you want to hang your flower panel fabric picture and then hang your picture on the nail.
I also created a Linda's How-Do-I Series? How To Make Our Flower Panel Fabric Picture Free E-Book in .PDF format as well. To download my free e-book please CLICK HERE.
Products made from Linda Walsh Originals patterns, e-patterns, e-books, tutorials, how-to's, and e-products are intended for personal use for fun or small scale personal and business profit as long as you credit us with the design. Large scale commercial use (i.e. mass production) including wholesale distribution, catalog sales, and all other forms of large scale commercial production are by permission only. Items made from Linda Walsh Originals patterns, e-patterns, e-books, tutorials, how-to's, and e-products are intended for decoration only and are not intended for use by children. Not responsible for human error, individual workmanship, or printing errors in the E-books, E-products, tutorials, how-to's, patterns or the E-Patterns.
Copyright © 2013 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals, Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns, and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer. http://lindawalshoriginals.com/
Over the past week Mikie Graham aka Zombiemonkie has been unveiling (one at a time) the seven custom Android designs that make up "Mechanized Mad Men" = his new blind box series since been made available at Dragatomi.com at US$100 per blind pull.
WHAT: 'Each MMM figure includes a customized 3" Android figure that comes powered by its own (removable) Playmobil representation of its creator. In addition, each figure come packaged inside of a custom box with its own wooden display base that will include a mini print telling that character's personal story.'
I've posted the first trio of reveals, and here is the rest, with clicking on the images linked to their post on Facebook with text descriptions.
PRESS: "History's misunderstood creative geniuses are back; this time powering giant mechanized robots of their own unique design. This series of custom Android figures features the likeness of: Andy Warhol, Leonardo Da Vinci, H.P. Lovecraft, Nikola Tesla, Don Quixote, Klaus Nomi and one mystery chase!"
Children’s Toy Closet has bought the last of the 2012 CASE N’s from the warehouse - last call to get Alex Vandel, Fabrizio, Sir Harley Gassup, Otis, & Nick Cartone – either CHASES or not scheduled for 2013. Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheel 1 Francesco Bernoulli 1 Race Team Sarge 1 Raoul Caroule 1 Hydraulic [...]
Concerned parents have contacted the Medway Messenger after dangerous dolls were found on sale on Gillingham.
We’ve just seen three new styles of Moxie dolls hit the shelves: Poopsy Pets, Magic Swim Mermaids and Magic Hair Colour Studio.
Kenner Aliens Scorpion Alien action figure by splittyhead Submit your Flickr photos to Poe Ghostal’s Pic of the Day!
Over the past week Mikie Graham has been unveiling (one at a time) the seven custom Android designs that make up "Mechanized Mad Men" - his new blind box series that was released yesterday at Dragatomi.com. Gathering together artists and innovators from all over the world, Mike hand picked his favorite under-appreciated genius and wacky [...]
Let’s call this series of artist-designed custom cars an oldie but goodie. If I missed it in 2006, maybe you did too! See all of the Fitzu Grand Prix Playsam Cars.
Target Stores and Warner Bros. Consumer Products just announced that they will be teaming-up to bring a whole new line of exclusive JUSTICE LEAGUE products to market and it looks like there will be a lot of cool Batman stuff. Here is their Official Press Release:
In a first-of-its-kind partnership, Target® Corp. (NYSE: TGT) and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, in partnership with DC Entertainment, have teamed up to introduce an extensive summer collection of exclusive Justice League merchandise. The summer collection was inspired by “DC Comics – The New 52” comic book character designs and holds surprises for fans young and old. Featuring the full lineup of DC Comics’ iconic Justice League Super Heroes – Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, The Flash, Green Lantern, Superman and Wonder Woman – the summer collection will launch at all U.S. Target stores and on Target.com beginning May 19th.
The summer collection was co-created by the Target and Warner Bros. Consumer Products design teams and features contemporary and nostalgic, vintage-inspired graphics and designs. With more than 50 summer products available exclusively at Target, guests will see the collection come to life in home, stationery, sporting goods, and lawn and garden. Some of the more unexpected items include melamine dinnerware that features a purple and pink-clad Wonder Woman; an apron that transforms the cook into Batman; sand toys that will help beach-goers create Gotham City; and children’s Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash beach towels that double as capes.
“We know Target’s guests love discovering unique merchandise, and this collection delivers the unexpected with a dash of great design. Fans of all ages are sure to love these one-of-a-kind summer items,” said Greg Van Bellinger, director of product design and development, Target.
“DC Comics’ Justice League characters are a powerful assemblage of the most recognizable Super Heroes in the history of comic books. We are incredibly excited to offer fans of all ages a unique collection and collaboration that pairs the heroics of the Justice League characters with the product design and marketing super powers of Target,” said Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
In addition to the exclusive summer collection, Target will be part of a broader partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products that will offer more traditional Justice League licensed products. The broader partnership will span more than 20 categories including home, stationery, toys, apparel and accessories. All Justice League licensed products will range from $1 for Justice League temporary tattoos to $59.99 for a Justice League Rocker Chair. Target will also offer Justice League Halloween costumes for kids later this year.
Hey, if you're a serious Batman Fan then you'll appreciate these 2 fun photos! The 1st one shows a Customized Truck that showed-up at a recent event called the Culver City Car Show. Of course it's inspired by the Classic 1966 BATMAN TV Series Batmobile created by George Barris ( Thanks Jim ).
Then, speaking of Batmobiles. A very nice replica car was spotted a couple of days ago. We have a friend over at the Official BAT-BLOG FACEBOOK Page, named Leo, who has a buddy who totally freaked-out when he was just having a normal day, driving around, and then suddenly saw this Batman Movie Batmobile Replica Car in Temecula, CA.
Hey, if you're NOT a Member of the BAT-BLOG FACEBOOK Page then we want to invite you to JOIN TODAY! Oh yeah, and in case you're wondering, it's FREE!! Just CLICK HERE!
PARENTS in Blackburn with Darwen are being urged to join the town’s toy library.
OK, This photo makes me feel kind of jealous, ha ha! We have a good friend named Paul who lives in Montreal ( Canada ) and he went to the 2013 Ottawa Comic-Con last weekend and got to meet Julie Newmar!! Yes, he said, "She was really great and a very classy lady". Awesome!
Paul also chatted with the famous BATMAN Comic Book Artist Neal Adams, but he is now kicking himself for not getting a photo. Hey Paul, you still got to meet a true living Legend! Thanks for sharing your fun photo.
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc., parent company of Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurants, and Warner Bros. Pictures announced a promotional partnership for the theatrical release of Man of Steel, in theaters June 14. The upcoming promotion includes advertising, in-restaurant merchandising, online marketing, collectors’ cups, kids-meal toys, and a still-secret new burger. From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, Man of [...]