Articles on this Page
- 05/01/13--12:55: _May the FOURTH Be W...
- 05/01/13--12:59: _Man Of Steel 1/4 Sc...
- 05/01/13--13:00: _Tomopop About Town:...
- 05/01/13--13:00: _COMMENTARY: Yogaril...
- 05/01/13--13:02: _More Manglor Mischief?
- 05/01/13--13:09: _Toy Break Episode 2...
- 05/01/13--13:16: _Boots removes gende...
- 05/01/13--13:25: _Mattel’s SDCC 2013 ...
- 05/01/13--13:36: _'Iron Man 3'...
- 05/01/13--13:44: _Mattel: Catwoman Pu...
- 05/01/13--13:48: _Mattel: 2013 Man Of...
- 05/01/13--13:52: _Out Sass Vanessa Pe...
- 05/01/13--14:00: _Mikatan posts a han...
- 05/01/13--15:00: _2013 Designer Toy A...
- 05/01/13--15:28: _2013 SDCC Exclusive...
- 05/01/13--15:30: _Le Dead Plastique D...
- 05/01/13--15:34: _2013 SDCC Exclusive...
- 05/01/13--15:45: _Need a Saftey Seat?...
- 05/01/13--16:00: _Jordan returns to t...
- 05/01/13--16:14: _Transformers 4 - K...
- 05/01/13--12:59: Man Of Steel 1/4 Scale Superman Figure
- 05/01/13--13:00: Tomopop About Town: Squadt Assembly
- 05/01/13--13:00: COMMENTARY: Yogarilla Gets Kids Active
- 05/01/13--13:02: More Manglor Mischief?
- 05/01/13--13:09: Toy Break Episode 259: Antics They Are
- 05/01/13--13:16: Boots removes gender signs for toys
- 05/01/13--13:25: Mattel’s SDCC 2013 Exclusive Reveals Day 3
- 05/01/13--13:36: 'Iron Man 3': 5 Toys You Gotta Have
- 05/01/13--13:44: Mattel: Catwoman Pulled From Batman Series 2
- 05/01/13--13:48: Mattel: 2013 Man Of Steel San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive!
- 05/01/13--13:52: Out Sass Vanessa Perrin
- 05/01/13--14:00: Mikatan posts a handy guide to figure development jargon
- MF (Tori Bird's own word)
- 05/01/13--15:00: 2013 Designer Toy Awards opens up for nominations
- 05/01/13--15:28: 2013 SDCC Exclusive DCU Club Infinite Earths "Shazam!" New 52
- 05/01/13--15:30: Le Dead Plastique Dunny
- 05/01/13--15:34: 2013 SDCC Exclusive Hot Wheels Atari Beach Bomb Pickup
- 05/01/13--15:45: Need a Saftey Seat? Just Have Your Kid Sit on Bruce...
- 05/01/13--16:00: Jordan returns to the court in new figure by Enterbay
Happy Star Wars™ Day! Stride Rite® is ready to celebrate – from May 3rd to May 5th, all Star Wars™ shoes will be 25% off in store and online. In addition, any Jedi-in-training who tries on a pair of Star Wars™ shoes will receive a Star Wars™ themed scratch game card to enter to win a grand... [Continue Reading]
Earlier this month, Rotofugi played host to the opening of Ferg's Squadt Assembly show, featuring both custom Squadts and the chance to build your own Squadt. We didn't get to make it out to the opening, but while I was in town for C2E2, I stopped by the shop to check out the Squadt action.
Check out the gallery for some shots from the exhibition; it's still running for the rest of this week at Rotofugi's gallery (until May 5). What's more, almost all of the accessories that were available when I was at the store are still in stock; you can check out the remaining inventory on Rotofugi's shop, along with the rest of their Squadt Assembly merchandise.
Today nearly one in three children are overweight, according to the U.S. Center for Disease Control, emphasizing the importance of getting kids moving and active. It’s one of the reasons First Lady Michelle Obama launched her Let’s Move campaign and also a good reason to take a look at our picks for physical and active [...]
So, the missives from “King Manglor” continue to arrive. Here’s the latest cryptic email, with the subject heading “DELAYED BY THEIR GNASHING TEETH”: CONSTANT ATTACKS HAVE STOPPED OUR EFFORTS I CAN HEAR THEM IN THE NIGHT SCRABBLING THE WARNING IS ONLY HALF COMPLETE THE MOUNTAIN AND THE LAVA SOON IT WILL BE CLEAR TO THEM [...]
Toy Break returns with the one and only Sucklord. Morgan joins Ayleen and George for Episode 259: Antics They Are, where the trio takes a closer look at the Super SUCKset, ToyConUK Recap, LEGO Star Wars Planets, Castle Grayskull Business Card Holder, and much more
High street pharmacy chain admits it was wrong to categorise toys for girls or boys, after shoppers accuse it of sexism The high street pharmacy chain Boots has admitted it was wrong to use separate in-store signs labelling girls' and boys' toys – putting Science Museum-brand toys in the latter category – after shoppers took to Twitter and Facebook to accuse the retailer of sexist behaviour. In ...
Every weekday starting Monday April 29th and ending Friday May 3rd, we’ll reveal a new SDCC product. That’s ten total, plus we’ll add one or two surprises later in May or June just to keep it all going. Below is a list of the reveals. Make sure you check back every day so you [...]
Hasbro has unleashed a ton of toys tied into "Iron Man 3," and here's a list of the five coolest ones.
Mattel has pulled Catwoman from the second assortment of Batman The Classic TV Series action figure collection. Word is this figure will not be ready in time to be included in the shipment and will be made available later on. The figure is available for pre-order by itself through Big Bad Toy Store.
Potential fans for The Man Of Steel feature film need not fret, Mattel has your back and will be offering a 2013 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive based on a key event in the movie. Head over to the MattyCollector site to find out more on the DC Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman vs. General Zod Movie Pack. Like the previously mentioned exclusives, this set will be available for SDCC Attendee pre-order at MattyCollector.com on June 4, 2013 and then remaining stock will be available for ordering on August 5, 2013. If you are going to attend SDCC in July and would rather purchase it there, you can get in line and do just that as well.
Ever wonder just what they call the different phases of the figure production stage? Curious how many steps a figure goes through before it's ready? Don't know the difference between PVC and ABS? Mikatan has posted a great guide to all of the commonly used jargon at Good Smile Company that you've probably seen spread around various toy sites. Written by GSC's Tori Bird of the manufacturing team this handy guide explains it all in simple English so anyone can understand.
Areas covered include:
It's a good read even if you think you have it all down.
The 3rd annual Designer Toy Awards are now open for nominations. Nominees for their variety of categories has already been chosen, but you can add more. From May 1 through May 15, the DTAs will be accepting open nominations for all their categories except Lifetime Achievement and Toy of the Year.
So if you think a designer or toy deserves to be nominated in any of the categories they have, you can add them. The eligibility period to be nominated is year based and can be submitted if the design came out in 2012. Among the many designers and toys already nominated, Tomopop has received a nomination as well for Best Blog! To see a full list of nominations for this year, click here.
Kidrobot has announced the latest Dunny designed by French artist McBess. Le Dead Plastique is a black and white 20-inch tall Dunny. It's apparently available in a pair of colorways (t-shirt and pants/white bodysuit). Limited to a run of 300 pieces worldwide, it will be released on May 9th 2013 for $399.99 each.
Need a Saftey Seat? Just Have Your Kid Sit on Bruce Wayne’s Lap
He’ll also hug your child and hold their cups with perfectly open fists. KidsEmbrace (real company name) has created the perfect car seat to hold your child. At $150, you can have Batman hold your kids’ juiceboxes or cuddle them in a classic blue cape.
The comeback is nothing new to Michael Jordan. Enterbay did as much with their first release of a 1/6-scale MJ, bringing him back in his first comeback number 45 uni. Jordan is always going to be number 23 and Enterbay brings back those times with Jordan and their newest 1/6-scale Michael Jordan.
Let's get something out of the way here: this is a very expensive 1/6-scale figure. You will need to pour in ¥44,000 in order to get your hands on this edition of Enterbay's Real Masterpiece NBA Collection. You won't be getting just MJ, but plenty of accessories. You'll of course get a to-scale regulation Spalding NBA basketball, 10 sets of hands, a stand, 3 pairs of to-scale Nike Air Jordan sneakers (Air Jordan II, X, and XI), and a 1/6-scale MVP trophy from the 1995-96 season.
There's a lot of His Airness here, but wow, that's a hefty price tag for a 1/6-scale figure. I'd imagine that a white jersey won't be too far down the line and ideally a warm-up suit version. For that version, I want the base to play Ray Clay's introduction while "Sirius" plays in the background. That'd easily be worth ¥44,000.
[Pre-order Enterbay 1/6-scale Michael Jordan at AmiAmi]
Just in is new that Kelsey Grammer, many will know him as Frasier, has been selected for the Lead Villain in the Transformers 4 movie that will be directed by Michael Bay. According to Deadline Hollywood he will be opposing Mark Whalberg and the Autobots as the main human bad guy named Harold Attinger, a counter intelligence person. We can only assume he will team up with Megatron in some manner before the mayhem ensues.