Articles on this Page
- 03/29/13--07:00: _Build-A-Bear Worksh...
- 03/29/13--07:13: _Kili & Fili 2-Pack
- 03/29/13--07:50: _Color Images of Ref...
- 03/29/13--07:57: _Takara Tomy Transfo...
- 03/29/13--08:00: _You'll get another ...
- 03/29/13--08:03: _First Look at Plane...
- 03/29/13--08:09: _Thomas Passenger &a...
- 03/29/13--08:21: _Custom Dunnys from ...
- 03/29/13--08:23: _Flat Wooper Looper ...
- 03/29/13--08:47: _Poest Office > T...
- 03/29/13--09:00: _Tomopop Review: Neu...
- 03/29/13--09:10: _Figure King April 2...
- 03/29/13--09:31: _DiD Corp 1/6 Scale ...
- 03/29/13--09:37: _Hue Animation Studio
- 03/29/13--10:00: _Bandai, ThreeZero a...
- 03/29/13--10:38: _New Real Steel ATOM...
- 03/29/13--12:00: _[NSFW] Senran Kagur...
- 03/29/13--12:44: _Enterbay John Rambo...
- 03/29/13--13:21: _Toys “R” Us withdra...
- 03/29/13--13:36: _An Easter Interview...
- 03/29/13--07:00: Build-A-Bear Workshop Partners with Hasbro for My Little Pony Plush
- 03/29/13--07:13: Kili & Fili 2-Pack
- 03/29/13--07:57: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 23 Fortress Maximus Image Gallery
- 03/29/13--08:00: You'll get another option with this Mei Misaki
- 03/29/13--08:09: Thomas Passenger & Goods Train Set
- 03/29/13--08:21: Custom Dunnys from WuzOne
- 03/29/13--08:23: Flat Wooper Looper Available Today!
- 03/29/13--09:00: Tomopop Review: Neuromancer Yoko
- 03/29/13--09:31: DiD Corp 1/6 Scale Winston Churchill Figure
- 03/29/13--09:37: Hue Animation Studio
- 03/29/13--10:00: Bandai, ThreeZero announce new collaboration
- 03/29/13--10:38: New Real Steel ATOM Figure Images From 3A
- 03/29/13--12:00: [NSFW] Senran Kagura's Katsuragi aims high
- 03/29/13--12:44: Enterbay John Rambo action figure 1:4 HD Masterpiece
- 03/29/13--13:21: Toys “R” Us withdraws IPO plan amid lower sales
- 03/29/13--13:36: An Easter Interview With Steiff's Beloved Niki Rabbit
- The first is that we are all five ways jointed. This is exceptionally rare for Steiff rabbits. The vast majority of vintage Steiff rabbits are not jointed or simply head jointed. Five-way jointing is labor intensive and, in turn, quite expensive from a production standpoint.
- The second is that the larger Niki rabbits have open mouths. As far as my family-tree research reveals, we are the very first Steiff rabbits to be produced with an open mouth. This, of course, makes eating carrots much easier.
- And third, we have a distinct playfulness that is quite reflective of the era in which we were designed - the very early 1950's.
Build-A-Bear Workshop will bring the My Little Pony brand to store shelves with a collection of characters under license from Hasbro Inc. Arriving April 1, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash will be available at Build-A-Bear Workshop stores throughout North America and online at Buildabear.com. The first ever make-your-own My Little Pony plush allows customers to [...]
Well, with thirteen dwarves in the roster for the movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, manufacturer The Bridge direct had the foresight to offer some of them in two-packs, like Balin & Dwalin or the subjects of today’s review, dwarves Fili & Kili.
Mastermind Creations have released color images of the R-03 Bovis action figure on their official page. The homage to Generation 1 Tantrum is shown in his robot and alternate beast / bull modes. This is one of the toys to be released in their Reformatted Feral Rex series that will culminate in what will be a full on ultimate homage to the G1 Predaking combiner. Check out the new image below for the full bull reveal now.
Thanks to Affes at the Higekumatoytoy blog who has posted a whole gallery of images featuring the unboxing and images review of Takara Tomy Transformers Encore 23 Fortress Maximus action figure that has just been released in Japan. Get a look at the giant robot base and all the nice goodies it includes in his robot and base modes now.
I'm never one for the whole medical eyepatch kink Japan's got going on, as I've stated before. Still, I can make an exception for Another's curious Mei Misaki, she of the enigmatic curse. It's certainly odd, as even my dislike of short hair doesn't detract from Mei's appeal. It may be her overall demeanor, or it may be the fact her crisp black uniform outweighs any minor negatives.
Furthermore, at least, Art Spirits has seen fit to give her an optional facial expression, which perks her attitude up as well as removes the eyepatch, letting you get a look at her lovely heterochromia--even if one of the eyes happens to be a doll's. I definitely dig the happier Mei, and even though I've not yet seen Another, I'd certainly consider picking her up. If you don't mind such a curious girl, pick her up for ¥7,200 in June.
The Planet X page has been updated with a new teaser image for the Planet X Genesis Faceplace and Expansion Kit Project that was announced earlier in the year. According to their post, the faceplate tank is already under construction. But it takes a much longer time for the development of the upgrade kit. That said, the first 20 kits will be awarded to the winners of their photo contest. Check out the teaser images and more details below.
Hornby has added to its lineup of Thomas & Friends-themed railway gear with a Thomas Passenger & Goods Train Set, priced around £81.99.
WuzOne has sent us photos of two of his latest custom pieces (each one being a Dunny). The first is a CycloOoOops dunny. And the second one is a commission piece called Mike "Pingeon Fancier" Tyson. Well, because Tyson loves pigeons of course... Neither one of these is currently available to purchase.
Axolotl fans, get ready! Flat Wooper Looper – a Flat Bonnie x Gary Ham collaboration – will be available today at 11am PST. This first edition is limited to 10 pieces and comes with numbered sewn-in tag, signed hang tags, … Continue reading →
It’s yet another new title for my letters column! Will I ever be satisfied with a title? Probably not! Anyway, we start off today with this missive from Poester AF: What action figure lines leave you cold? Well, growing up I had zero, and I mean zero, interest in G.I. Joe. Just none at all. I [...]
The plucky redhead that garnered our attention in figure-form several times over in the last four years is back with a vengeance. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's Yoko Littner may have been the subject of several figures, but just a handful of those have been poseable that I recall. She was, however, given the Revoltech Fräulein series treatment, which was extremely popular for her at the time.
Will this figure out do what I guess to be one of the most popular Yoko figures of all time even though it's a bit pricier? Hit the jump to find out!
Just in via Toy-World are the Transformers promotions from the April 2013 issue of Figure King magazine. Check out what's coming soon from Takara Tomy including the Transformers Go!, Generations, Masterpiece, BAPE and more that you can see in the images below.
DiD Corp 1/6 Scale Winston Churchill Figure
When I think of 1/6 scale figures I instantly think of Hot Toys. Why? Because Hot Toys has the licenses that I am interested in and makes the characters...
[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
With the Hue Animation Studio, children aged five and over can explore how much fun it can be to make their very own animation.
Bandai is partnering itself with ThreeZero to launch a new 1/12-scale mech figure based on a design by Kunio Okawara. If the name sounds at all familiar, he is the man who's helped design many of the mecha in the Gundam franchise, including the original RX-78-2 Gundam mobile suit. The figure was unveiled at C3 Hobby Show in Hong Kong recently, and it has a decisive sengoku-jidai-era samurai look to it ... though Andres Cerrato mentions that the original illustration looks a lot like some of his Gundam F91 work.
Of course, you all probably remember the ThreeA Zaku, and how it created quite a bit of controversy with its design. By using Okawara's design, it seems like Bandai and ThreeZero have played it a bit safer on the design front. We'll let you know when we have more details on it, but Tomopop readers, are you fans of this figure?
While I'm still waiting for a Homura or Hikage figure to show up, Amiami Zero still has their sights set on Senran Kagura's busty blonde Katsuragi. Not that I mind, admittedly. There are only a handful of characters I can give a pass to in such a ridiculous series, but as I've said before, Katsuragi is definitely one of them thanks to my weakness for that hair and her yuri-riffic behavior.
In this case, it helps that Amiami did a great job with both an interesting, unique art style, along with an action packed dynamic pose that suits her quite well. I definitely dig her clothing, however simple it may be compared to many of the Senran girls, and it's still worth noting that it's been recreated perfectly, right down to the details on her boots.
Though there are a couple of Katsuragis on the market by now, I just may have to give my nod to Amiami's version, and definitely think she looks worth the ¥8,524 when she arrives in November.
Enterbay John Rambo action figure Enterbay created this magnificent 1/4 Scale collectible of Rambo. This Enterbay John Rambo action figure features incredible high-quality detail based on Sylvester Stallone’s classic appearance in the 1988 film, Rambo III. They included his signature black headband, vest, combat trousers and black boots. It has more than 25 points of...
The post Enterbay John Rambo action figure 1:4 HD Masterpiece appeared first on Toy Scene.
Toys “R” Us Inc., which files plans to sell shares to the public in 2010, said on Friday that it’s withdrawing its plan as the company reported declining sales and profit last year.
Who's your best Easter-beaster? That one Steiff rabbit that simply takes your breath away, makes you smile, or even brings back many happy childhood memories? For many Steiff enthusiasts, that would have to be Steiff's beloved Niki, who just happened to stop by the Steiffgal studios for a chat today in honor of the upcoming Easter holiday. Here's what he had to say!
Steiffgal: Niki, thank you for dropping by today. Clearly, given the holiday weekend, its a very busy time for you.
Niki: Yes, its the busiest time for sure! But I just wanted to thank all the Steiff fans out there for their interest and support over all these years. Steiff introduced my pattern in 1951... 62 years ago... and I have never stopped feeling the love. My family and I really appreciate that!
Steiffgal: It's safe to say that your design was so popular that it multiplied like jackrabbits. Tell us about that.
Niki: It is true that our original design and range in the Steiff line was "hare-raising." Some people even consider Niki rabbits to be one of the most beloved and collectible postwar Steiff patterns ever produced! I cannot argue with that. All of my relatives were made from tan or light grey mohair, had oversized brown and black pupil eyes, pink hand-embroidered triangular noses, and felt foot paw pads. We all also had really big feet - better to hop with, I guess. Larger Niki rabbits had mohair-lined ears and an open, peach-colored felt mouth, while the smallest Niki rabbits had pink velvet lined ears and a closed mouth, indicated by black embroidery. Overall, my family was produced by Steiff in 1951 through 1964 in 14, 17, 22, 28, and 35 cm.
Steiffgal: Steiff rabbits are a classic Steiff design, so much that they are given their very own chapter in Gunther Pfeiffer’s “Steiff Sortiment” books. It is also no surprise that rabbits appeared in the first printed Steiff catalog; interestingly, at least seven different rabbit designs were featured in this debut issue of 1892! Given all that history, you had mighty big legacy shoes to fill.
Niki: Yes, but we all jumped for joy at the challenge. Steiff gave Niki rabbits three really unique features that all but insured our blue-ribbon bunny status with collectors.
Niki: Thank you. Here's wishing everyone a 14 carrot gold holiday!