Articles on this Page
- 01/21/13--14:34: _Biotron Gashapon Cu...
- 01/21/13--14:50: _Spinach Walnut Kiwi...
- 01/21/13--14:55: _Pause x Kevin Gosse...
- 01/21/13--15:00: _MLP Custom Compilat...
- 01/21/13--15:16: _Geek Shall Inherit ...
- 01/21/13--15:30: _The Network Roundup...
- 01/21/13--15:42: _NooN x K.Olin tribu...
- 01/21/13--15:47: _Transformers Constr...
- 01/21/13--16:00: _Chibi Toro does Fat...
- 01/21/13--18:43: _GI JoeCon 2013 Broc...
- 01/21/13--18:54: _GI JoeCon 2013: A F...
- 01/21/13--19:05: _CJ Night Kuala Lump...
- 01/21/13--19:41: _Insane BRS
- 01/21/13--20:35: _Kidrobot x Street F...
- 01/21/13--20:35: _3 Of The 2013 G.I. ...
- 01/21/13--20:45: _Mortal Kombat 18&qu...
- 01/21/13--20:53: _Designer Drugs: Lou...
- 01/21/13--21:01: _Photo Archive: Side...
- 01/21/13--21:10: _Hot Toys: Iron Man ...
- 01/21/13--21:14: _Mini Luckitty Pon f...
- 01/21/13--14:34: Biotron Gashapon Custom Casts
- 01/21/13--14:55: Pause x Kevin Gosselin Mystery Collabo Project
- 01/21/13--15:00: MLP Custom Compilation 98: Caramel ahoy!
- 01/21/13--15:30: The Network Roundup: All hail the King
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 played on Rock Band drums. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
- C'mon, Level-5! Localize Ni no Kuni DS already! Ni no overload!
- Preview: Project X Zone is boob jiggling fan service. Who can say no to that?
- Give your honey some home made PokéChocolate. Is it almost V-Day already?
- Go West! Week Thirty-Eight: Digimon are the champions. Get your Digi-crew ready.
- Review: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Chris checks out the European release.
- First look at new Klingons in Abram's Star Trek. Getting excited yet?
- Sundance 2013: Day three & four recap. Dancing in the sun.
- Flixist's 2013 movie preview: Part 1. What is on tap this year?
- 01/21/13--15:42: NooN x K.Olin tribu -- Fleurs Noires Skull in Porcelain
- 01/21/13--16:00: Chibi Toro does Fate/Zero figma customs MF probably wont
- 01/21/13--18:43: GI JoeCon 2013 Brochure Is Now Available
- 01/21/13--18:54: GI JoeCon 2013: A Few Exclusive Figures Revealed
- 01/21/13--19:05: CJ Night Kuala Lumpur 201212
- 01/21/13--19:41: Insane BRS
- 01/21/13--20:35: Kidrobot x Street Fighter: Here Comes a New Challenger Nothing...
- 01/21/13--20:35: 3 Of The 2013 G.I. Joe Convention Exclusive Boxset Figures Revealed
- 01/21/13--20:45: Mortal Kombat 18" Scorpion EXCLUSIVE Premium Format Statue
- 01/21/13--20:53: Designer Drugs: Louis Vuitton Is My Dealer Street artist and...
- 01/21/13--21:01: Photo Archive: Sideshow's New G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Figure
- 01/21/13--21:10: Hot Toys: Iron Man 3 Tony Stark In Workshop Teaser
- 01/21/13--21:14: Mini Luckitty Pon from KusoVinyl and Rotobox KusoVinyl released...
BigManToys has released a limited run of their 3" tall Gashapon Robotman/Biotron resin figures. This custom cast project is a little nod to Micronauts fans. I've used re-cast Blockman pilots in most of the clear figures, and there are a couple of GITD ones in there too. The unpainted figures run $12.00 each, while the [...]
In a quest to live a healthier and fuller whole body life I have recommitted myself to eating healthy. I want to show how eating healthy can also taste great. In a world of over processed foods we’re going back to the basics.I think the biggest thing when it comes to eating salads with dressings... [Continue Reading]
Hmmm… Pause has teamed up with custom artist extraordinaire Kevin Gosselin on a new mysterious collabo project. The tease has begun and here’s the first visual clue. Maybe that’s a small neck tag for a figure ? Or maybe not… Here’s guessing whatever it is will drop on 2.21.2013 ;-)...
Well, I don't recall seeing a Caramel custom before, but I definitely welcome all background ponies to get their own customs. Variety is the spice of life after all! I think one of my favorite pieces this time around might be the Alicorn Amulet Shine Bright Trixie, that was created out of one of the new Shine Bright toys I believe.
There were too many customs to share all of them here with you, so be sure to head on over to Equestria Daily to see the rest of them. You can always learn more about the original artists there as well.
Happy MLK Day everyone. I hope most of you have the day off and will be able to have a short work week ahead. A long weekend makes us all “as happy as a clam at a clam convention.” To kick things off we have a few corrections from the last episode. We’ve recorded over [...]
Today we honor the life of the late, great, Martin Luther King Jr. Besides giving many of us a day home from the office, we look back at a man that pioneered the African American Civil Rights Movement, and all helped changed human rights forever. Although thing in the world are still far from perfect, it's amazing to look back at how much things have changed since the 60's.
As we look around at the awesome things floating around the Modern Method Network today, let's not forget all the people that gave everything to ensure all the freedoms we enjoy today. Let's also not give up our fight for what's right in the world, and everything we hold near and dear. Let's also make the best of a day off, and get some gaming time in!
K.Olin tribu has worked with French artist/sculptor NooN on the limited-edition ‘Fleurs Noires’ (Black Flowers) porcelain skull. As with all of their releases, the skulls are cast in Limoges Porcelain and feature a black floral design rendered in fine lines with a different arrangement on each skull, making each piece...
Hasbro have really slipped one past us this time with news just posted on Wired.com. Just when you thought you had a grip on this, ZAMMMMM! Transformers Construct-Bots - New G1 Style Toys With Interchangeable Parts jump out of no where with what is clearly the next Generation of Ker-O line, Bionicle KOs! This is so far out of left field, I am not sure what to think right now. Have a look and let us know what you think below.
When it comes to figma customs there's nobody better at it than Japanese figma master Chibi Toro. We're talking about someone that's so dedicated to perfecting super articulated figures at this scale he's even scratch-built his own bodies. He's also pretty awesome at making small props and dioramas. Recently he's even taken up sewing to really capture the look of clothes on figma. By comparison these two Fate/Zero customs are pretty easy work.
Lancer started as a Banpresto DXF prize figure with no articulation. Extensive part replacement took place including cannibalizing a figma Kamen Rider Spear (ironically) for the legs and some of the body (including the hidden hip joint covering) and a Revoltech Edward Elric for the neck joint. The addition of several other joints including ball jointed shoulders gave way to an incredible conversion from static figure to super articulated action figure. You'll notice he also repainted the eyes to give him a proper two.
Berserker was less extensive, but still amazing. Also using a DXF prize figure as a base. Armor plates were cut off and reattached using joints and heavy wire. Joints were cut around the body armor and articulation was added in. End result is a figma-scale Berserker the likes of which we'll probably never seen from Max Factory.
Chibi Toro has done a number of other figures including some that Max Factory did themselves long after he did them first. A sample of these can be seen in the gallery, but you should really check out his blog for all of his work as well as photos of his travels to different otaku destinations and events.
The official brochure for the 2013 GI JoeCon is now available for download! Being held in Indianapolis, Indiana April 4th April 7th, these will surely be fun-filled days. Follow for through additional information.
Cobra Mortal, Cobra Letel, and Frag-Viper have been revealed to be a part of the exclusive GI Joe Convention Night Force: Nocturnal Fire boxed set. Click the thumbnails above to check them out!
Culture Japan Night Kuala Lumpur took place at Menara PGRM on the 27th December 2012 and was attended by a ton of comrades! We had the usual shenanigans - cosplay, live anisong, moekana tournaments and networking. Little Akiba also attended to show us their goodies.
Had an awesome time meeting everybody - thank you all for coming! If you see yourself in any of the following photos then be sure to photo annotate yourself ^^
Photos of Insane Black Rock Shooter taken at the Good Smile Company headquarters. Awesome sculpture but you will need a lot of space to display her - she's a biggie! Retails for 13,800 yen and will be out this June. More details at GSC.
If you are interested in pre-ordering Insane BRS then check out the following trusted online retailers.
And this is what she would look like on yer desk.
And here are photos of what she looked like just before a lick of paint. She was sculpted by a Chinese sculptor who is a full time employee for the Good Smile Company Shanghai offices.
And here is some of the other BRS stuff that was taken at a previous Wonfes along with the unpainted Insane BRS.
There is a poll embedded in this article.
Other Wonfes coverage below.
Kidrobot x Street Fighter: Here Comes a New Challenger
Nothing has been officially announced yet, but these photos of Kidrobot x Street Fighter toys have appeared on the Internet. We don’t know if these are real, and if they are, we don’t know if there are new characters hiding behind that question mark of if they’re just the same old blindboxes you can buy already. According to retail site, ToyWiz.com, they’ll launch in April.
Designer Drugs: Louis Vuitton Is My Dealer
Street artist and advertising subverter, Desire Obtain Cherish, has created these giant fashion design-themed pills to point out how consuming objects and goods acts as a form of self-medication. The Chanel ones actually remind me of a more literal form of self-medication.
Source: Visual News
We've just updated the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero section of our Sideshow Collectibles Photo Archive. Follow this link to check out the exclusive version of the 1/6 scale Snake Eye & Timber figure set.
Hot Toys has released a teaser image of their upcoming Iron Man 3 Tony Stark In Workshop Movie Masterpiece Series 1/6 scale figure. Click the thumbnail above for a closer look at the teaser image and stay tuned for more images and information.
Mini Luckitty Pon from KusoVinyl and Rotobox
KusoVinyl released a 3” version of their Luckitty mascot. These ones are a lot smaller than the coin bank version released last year, and are a lot more affordable, too. They’re limited to 300 pieces. Get one for $11 at their official store.
Buy: Ninja Spiki Figure