Articles on this Page
- 01/02/13--16:07: _Funko Announces DOM...
- 01/02/13--17:00: _Lego Samus, Big Dad...
- 01/02/13--17:02: _AJZ Design’s Busted...
- 01/02/13--17:02: _Portable Tray Table...
- 01/02/13--17:14: _Sponsor Announcemen...
- 01/02/13--17:36: _Valley Preparatory ...
- 01/02/13--17:37: _HiJaak’s NIGHTLIGHT...
- 01/02/13--18:02: _Toypunks Vol. 2 Tea...
- 01/02/13--18:13: _KaNO Flight Dunny D...
- 01/02/13--18:21: _Bubi Au Yeung “City...
- 01/02/13--18:22: _Gunslinger Stratos ...
- 01/02/13--18:32: _Papercraft Eva Unit...
- 01/02/13--18:52: _SecretBase x Ghostb...
- 01/02/13--21:00: _Custom-Feature: Bon...
- 01/02/13--21:14: _Transformers Prime:...
- 01/02/13--21:55: _2012 In (Cool Toy) ...
- 01/02/13--21:58: _Toys inspire giant ...
- 01/02/13--22:12: _Hospital, firefight...
- 01/02/13--22:22: _The land of forgott...
- 01/02/13--22:30: _Custom-Feature: Qiq...
- 01/02/13--16:07: Funko Announces DOMO + DC Comics Blind Box Vinyl Figures
- 01/02/13--17:00: Lego Samus, Big Daddy, others, ready for next mission
- 01/02/13--17:02: AJZ Design’s Busted Cap Resin Minifigs
- 01/02/13--17:02: Portable Tray Table for Kids from Bambinos!
- 01/02/13--17:14: Sponsor Announcement: Big Bad Toy Store
- 01/02/13--17:37: HiJaak’s NIGHTLIGHTS Project
- 01/02/13--18:02: Toypunks Vol. 2 Teaser I’m super late to the party with...
- 01/02/13--18:13: KaNO Flight Dunny Designer, KaNO, has entered Kenny...
- 01/02/13--18:21: Bubi Au Yeung “City of Silence”
- 01/02/13--18:22: Gunslinger Stratos Looks Awesome While I think arcade games that...
- 01/02/13--18:32: Papercraft Eva Unit 01 The Human Instrumentality Project...
- 01/02/13--18:52: SecretBase x Ghostbusters T-Shirt You can get a plain Jane...
- 01/02/13--21:00: Custom-Feature: Bone Cracker by Burak Şentürk
- 01/02/13--21:55: 2012 In (Cool Toy) Review: Company Of The Year
- 01/02/13--21:58: Toys inspire giant 'dandelion' anti-mine device
- 01/02/13--22:12: Hospital, firefighters, distribute toys
- 01/02/13--22:30: Custom-Feature: Qiqi : Last Hunter by Sen Custom
Funko proudly announces the exciting new licensing super team of Domo + DC Comics in Blind Box Vinyl Figures. 2.5 ” Vinyl Figures coming in February 2013 with a suggested retail of $5.95. Funko’s take on the ‘Blind Box’ Each PDQ Assortment Includes 24pcs Collect All 14 Unique 2.5″ Domo DC Characters Each Domo DC [...]
Super Punch has a gallery of Pate-keetongu's Lego creations which might knock you down. Highlights include Samus Aran of Metroid fame, a Big Daddy from the Bioshock games, and some Watchmen-themed creations.
The seemingly very-articulate Samus Aran is a real eye-catcher. While the use of color may not wholly be correct, she still represents a strong effort and came out rather admirably. The Big Daddy is pretty neat as well.
While I can't say that I'm impressed by the Watchmen roster, the Owlship / "Archie" (Nite Owl II's airship) is another matter. The Owlship looks undeniably cool and includes a stylish base. Also in the gallery are a few things that seem to be original creations which, while a little less exciting, are still intriguing. Check out the gallery for everything.
[ Super Punch ]
Busted Cap resin mini figures are hand crafted and designed by artist Andres Zamora and are available now at ajzdesign.com/bustedcap. Representing a fusion of Urban Art/fashion on a 2.25 inch toy these mini figures sport a baseball cap inspired head and sneakers. Future series will be developed in different colors and sizes but this initial series run is created as the original white version. Featuring detachable legs, and a soft white texture this initial run of Busted Caps are limited edition to 100 pieces. Formed in a solid white resin these figures can be customized and added to any collection. I love the form of this figure, it reminds me of Vaughn Bode’s Cheech Wizard character. It has great potential for customization due to it’s unimposing shape and size which would make it a great platform to build upon.
When Gavin was a younger toddler we never left home without our booster seat for the table. With it’s removable tray, as a baby he could sit in it on the floor, or we could attach it to any dining room chair of the house we visited to play or eat, that is until he [...]
Big Bad Toy Store has updated their site with their latest pre-orders and new arrivals. Click through to get in on the latest Hot Toys, DC, and Transformers items!
Students from Valley Preparatory School in Redlands delivered more than 100 toys, gift cards and movie tickets to Family Service Association of Redlands in December.
Beginning yesterday, HiJaak began the NIGHTLIGHTS project. A collection of customized glow-in-the-dark Munnys featuring some of today's leading vinyl toy designers and artists from all over the world, every Munny was obtained by HiJaak himself at various shows, galleries and conventions. Every week in 2013 and beyond, a different glow-in-the-dark Munny will be featured [...]
Toypunks Vol. 2 Teaser
I’m super late to the party with this one, but apparently, Toypunks released this teaser for their second entry into the vinyl toy documentary. I’m wondering if the DVD is ever going to actually come out, but seeing this old factory is still pretty sweet.
Buy: TOYPUNKS VOL. 1
KaNO Flight Dunny
Designer, KaNO, has entered Kenny Loggins’ danger zone. Seemingly based on Starscream from Transformers, the three-inch Dunny is limited to 3,000 pieces. It will launch on January 17 for $14.95.
How wonderful is this Bubi Au Yeung print?! “City of Silence” is part of Giant Robot’s ‘Printed Matter‘ show – currently on view at GR2 through January 9. Prints from the show are available at Giant Robot’s webstore, and many … Continue reading →
Gunslinger Stratos Looks Awesome
While I think arcade games that use fake guns as controllers are mildly problematic, this arcade game made by Byking and published by Square-Enix looks really cool. You can combine the gun controllers - either horizontally or vertically - to form new weapons. No way it’s ever making its way to the West though.
Papercraft Eva Unit 01
The Human Instrumentality Project couldn’t engineer this amazing papercraft if they tried. Yes, it transforms into that tank, and yes, that’s an RX-78 in the background. Blasphemy! I kid - I love both Evangelion and Gundam (UC Gundam, that is).
SecretBase x Ghostbusters T-Shirt
You can get a plain Jane Ghostbusters shirt at Target these days. But how cool is this SecretBase shirt? I need this like a keymaster needs a gatekeeper.
Designed by Burak Şentürk comes BONE CRACKER, a custom from an illustration of a wrestler. Burak mentions that the figure is not listed up for sales, but if anyone is interested to purchase this can contact him via email@example.com (price is undetermined at this post).
Thanks to the Transformers facebook page who have posted an interview with Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots artist Agustin Padilla. Get the artists insights on working the Transformers comics and what Agustin has to say about working with the Transformers and the Dinobots. Read the full interview below.
It's incredible what can transpire in the course of a year. When we went through our 2011 in (Cool Toy) Review write ups we didn't have much nice to say about Mattel. In fact, you can say we didn't pull our punches and let it all out unfiltered. We would never presume that last year's article was responsible for what came afterwards, but it became apparent that Mattel knew there was a problem and in the months that followed they bent over backwards to turn the tides of collector discontent.
Despite economic factors all toy making companies had to deal with, Mattel addressed every single collector's concerns and steamrolled over the competition with superior products, honest and articulate disclosure of all relevant production matters, and most importantly, by listening to their customers. You'd be hard pressed to find a valid complaint from a collector of any Mattel line.
Mattel did something very important in 2012 by proving that their online business strategy can work, and in doing so, they found a way to directly offer the products collectors want without the support of the big brick & mortar chains. When it comes to single mid-price action figures that is a serious accomplishment; when it comes to a massive playset like the upcoming Castle Greyskull, it is unprecedented.
In 2012, Mattel managed to turn the game around, and they took the ball and ran with it. We hope that other companies will take note and find a way to get their products directly to the people that want them. Mattel stuck to their guns and made a risky endeavour into a massive success, and we all get to reap the benefit.
Childhood toys lost in a war-torn field have inspired an odd-looking invention which its young Dutch inventor hopes can help save thousands of lives and limbs in his native Afghanistan.
Lynn Gomez, Executive Director of HR, and John Alcantar, Director of Dietary Services and SGMH Toys for Tots program coordinator, sit in front of SGMH’s tree and all the toys collected this holiday season.
On Tuesday, Nov. 27, the Frisco Heritage Museum opened an exhibit throughout the museum that featured antique toys such as dolls, doll houses, books, cars and games from the 1960s and 1970s. Photo by Kelsey Kruzich.
SEN CUSTOM SAID: "My piece for Project Qiqi 2013. I'm so exited to have the opportunity to contribute for this show. The yellow bird is made from mini munny, sculpted with epoxy clay."
Check out individual images here on his Facebook-album.