Articles on this Page
- 01/09/12--01:42: _REVIEW: Candy Cane ...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _How to Activate “Fi...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Furry Friends Vinyl...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Huck Gee - The Rhin...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Bowen Designs: Warl...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Gallery 1988 x Adul...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Yu-gi-oh Hand of th...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _McFarlane Toys Halo...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Hello Kitty Sushi Head
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Sex toys for sale a...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _set database: LEGO ...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Clifford Comes to t...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _set database: LEGO ...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Radio Free Cybertro...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Syma S107/S107G R/C...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Thor, Chun Li and M...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Local Auto Repair S...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Sketch by Luke Chue...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _Taiwan Meetup Detai...
- 01/09/12--01:42: _OUTER SPACE MEN CUS...
- 01/09/12--01:42: REVIEW: Candy Cane Labbit
- 01/09/12--01:42: How to Activate “Find My iPhone” So It’s Ready To Use
- 01/09/12--01:42: Furry Friends Vinylmation Signing at South Coast Plaza
- 01/09/12--01:42: Huck Gee - The Rhino Poacher Private Commission
- 01/09/12--01:42: Bowen Designs: Warlock Magus Variant Statue Is Up
- 01/09/12--01:42: Gallery 1988 x Adult Swim (Jan 13 launch)
- 01/09/12--01:42: McFarlane Toys Halo: Reach Series 6 Figures And Deluxe Box Sets
- 01/09/12--01:42: Hello Kitty Sushi Head
- 01/09/12--01:42: set database: LEGO 4433 dirt bike transporter
- 01/09/12--01:42: set database: LEGO 4206 recycling truck
- 01/09/12--01:42: Radio Free Cybertron - The Two Botcons Edition
- 01/09/12--01:42: Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - BLUE
- Thanks to the gyro, very short learning curve. Remote has two joysticks. Left side only moves up/down and controls speed of the rotors, which controls how much lift they generate. Right joystick moves up/down (controlling forward/reverse) and left/right (makes heli spin). You can also moving the right stick diagonally to make various turns while moving forward or backwards (reverse "figure-8's" are always impressive).
- Surprisingly large number of "mods" that can be done to a $30 heli. After experimenting, I have settled on two minor ones. First, I removed the spring from the left joystick in the controller. This lets me put the heli in a hover and let go of the remote ("look ma, no hands!"). I have also moved the landing gear forward in their mounts to push the center of gravity forward a little, which gives a tiny bit more forward speed. (Some people tape a paperclip to the front to achieve the same effect). One of the other big ones that I tried, but didn't keep, was the "flybar mod". Google it for more details.
- Very durable. Before flying the S107, I had a non-gyro 3-CH heli which broke after it's third flight. I'm now 2+ weeks into the S107 and despite crashing into just about everything possible: walls, ceiling, sofa, tables, pull chain for ceiling fan, the Christmas tree(!), but for some minor nicks on the blades that don't affect flight, everything has held up fine. [My "trick" is to cut power to the blades completely as soon as the crash occurs, and just let it fall]. Even if something does break, just about every part on the 107 is replaceable, from the wings to the motors to the body parts.
- Because the S107 is so light (>40g), it absolutely cannot be used in any sort of wind. In fact, a decent draft can be enough to cause it to blow off course. Even indoors, you have to avoid open windows and fans of any sort. Not really a big problem as this happens to all small indoor helis.
- Due to IR control, people report having issues flying near/around LCD televisions and light bulbs that are on when flying. I can fly over lit lamps (incandescent and florescent) without issues, but my 46" LCD will occasionally cause the heli to lose contact with the controller, shutting down power to the rotor. Turning off the TV solves the problem completely.
- The power connector inside my controller will not charge my heli - after five seconds, it thinks its fully charged and shuts down. After taking the controller apart to look for issues, I found the the power wires' connection to the controller board were not soldered properly. Since the USB charger works fine, I did not bother returning the heli, but quality control still seems to be an issue.
- The USB charger (and presumably, the controller's built-in charger) are not "smart" chargers. That is, they will continue to charge the heli's battery as long as they are plugged in. As the heli comes with a Li-Po rechargeable, overcharging can cause all sorts of problems, ranging from shorter flight times to shortening the life of the battery, even to physically damaging the battery (can heat up and expand). Be sure to stop charging as soon as the indicator lights tell you to. [You can also significantly preserve the life of a Li-Po battery by not running it down completely after each flight.]
- Although the controller has markings for 3 channels (A, B and C), advertised as being able to have three people fly their S107s in the same room, there are actually only *two* channels available. (Again, I have taken the controller apart to verify this). So if you planned on giving this as a gift to your 3 children, keep in mind only two will be able to play with it simultaneously.
- 01/09/12--01:42: Local Auto Repair Shops Make a Difference With Toys For Tots
- 01/09/12--01:42: Taiwan Meetup Details for 2012/01/14
- 01/09/12--01:42: OUTER SPACE MEN CUSTOMS SHOW AT TOYPOCALYPSE 2: FUTURETRO!
Background Kidrobot usually does a good job of releasing one or two Christmas themed toys right around the holidays. This year, they teamed up with frequent Kidrobot collaborator, Frank Kozik, to release the Candy Cane Labbit. Here's the Candy Cane Labbit's official description: He's given up his signature smork' for a sweet treat under his [...]
While the FIND MY IPHONE feature is a cool feature, to actually access it or use it when you need to find your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad – you need to set it and turn it on. First, you need to download the APP. It’s FREE. And while it’s called FIND MY IPHONE, it’s [...]
Wow! I must have been a bit out of the loop to not notice these before, but this may very well be my new favorite Vinylmation series! The Furry Friends Vinylmation series is happy to celebrate its release with a lot of its artist friends that helped to create them. On Saturday, January 1st (like, in a few hours!) at the South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA) from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Jim Valeri, Gerald Mendez, Enrique Pita, Quincy Sutton and Matthew Chittavanichprapa will be available to meet and sign your Vinylmation.
The Furry Friends to be included in this series are: Max, Francis, Oliver, Patch, Trusty, Tramp, Meeko, Pluto, Percy, Marie, and my personal favorite: Peter Pegasus! We've got several animals, spawning from several films, and the fact that they included the cutest little black Pegasus from Fantasia makes me so incredibly happy I could squeal. I need to get my hands on him somehow! I must!
[via Disney Store Blog]
johnnyvinyl shares with us #3 of the 4 completed sets of the Huck Gee Project, titled ‘The Rhino Poacher’. This beauty displays a Rhino warrior, equipped with a huge lance, who is mounted on a thick armored rhino. The creativity and never ending imagination of Huck never ceases to amaze...
Sideshow Collectibles has opened the pre-order for Bowen Design's Marvel Universe Warlock Magus Variant Statue. Follow the above link to get this totally awesome statue right now!
We do not get 'Adult Swim' in Singapore. Perhaps the channel is too risque for the genteel folk in our island-country? Nevertheless, it looks to be an interesting media-related show happening at GALLERY 1988: MELROSE - launching January 13th (7-10pm) and exhibiting thru February 4th, 2012. Shown here are a selection of imagery/artwork for the show, including the Scott Listfield-art on the flyer
Buy Now Yu-gi-oh Hand of the Six Samurai STOR-ENSE2 x3 Super Rare's price decreased by 100% from $4.75 to $0.01 at Amazon.com. ... click (more...) link for details ...Sale Price: $0.01, Vendor: Amazon.com Full Details Sale Price: $0.01, Vendor: Amazon.com and/or Amazon.com Merchants
CouponsHere are current coupons and promotions from this store. To utilize the coupon you should click over to the site from the coupon banner, then find the product listed above and order it.
McFarlane Toys Halo: Reach Series 6 Figures And Deluxe Box Sets
If you’ve ever wanted to make a giant Hello Kitty sushi head (with a bow made of Spam!), you must check out JustJENN’s recipe. Bonus video: This sushi chef makes an amazing Hello Kitty futomaki roll. Skip to the end … Continue reading →
Customers have to walk past the sex aids in order to shop for shampoo, deodorants, toothpaste and sandwiches. The retail giant is now facing a backlash.
set name: dirt bike transporter
come with a grey car with trailer for transporting 2 dirt bikes.
included 2 dirt bikes in lime and orange color.
accessories included tools, an extra tire, 2 caps, 2 helmets and 2 flags.
minifigs included 2 racer minifigs.
overall design is great.
Clifford the Big Red Dog is coming to a stage near you! Scholastic Media kicked off today (January 6th), a new 50 City live touring show called ‘Clifford The Big Red Dog LIVE! A BIG Family Musical.’ The tour begins in Vermontand Connecticut this weekend and will include stops in more than 50 cities. Both school and public performancesRead More
set name: recycling truck
theme: city, maintenance
come with a green recycling truck and a forklift.
included 3 detachable bins with blue, yellow and red color.
accessories included a red wheelbarrow, a shovel ,a pushbroom and various trashes.
minifigs included a female minifig and 2 worker minifigs.
overall design is great.
lt;img src=quot;http://www.tfradio.net/storage/buttons/rfc_button.gifquot; width=100gt;This week we talk about the Botcon exclusives (and the controversy surrounding them), Botcon as a social event and more.Running Time 51:30PLAYMP3iTunesYoutube
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - BLUE
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - BLUE - Most of the other reviews have hit the major pros and cons with this, but there are still a few more that I can add. Hope they help in making your purchasing decisions!
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - BLUE - Syma S107G is equipped with a 4-in-1 infra-red receiver (Gyro, ESC, Mixer, Receiver). This palm size S107 Toy Helicopter (18.5cm long) comes with Aluminum Frame and a Great detail canopy, it doesn't look like a toy, but a very serious Helicopter. It is able to move in 3 Direction base on the 3 Channels, anyone can hover it easily. Since it is made with Aluminum Frame, very light weight and almost indestructible in any crash, perfect for very first time beginners. This toy helicopter is designed for anyone over 8 years old, flight time is around 5-6 minutes after 20-30 minutes charging. It can fly in 6 directions.
Buy this Pre-kindergarten toys - Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - BLUE...
The first wave of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Minimates is in stores now, with exclusive figures at both Toys “R” Us and comic shops/specialty stores, and Wave 2 should be arriving next month. But it’s almost time to pre-order Wave 3! Our next wave of MvC3 figures will hit in the Spring, and the line-up [...]
Over $3,927.00 plus toys and gifts were donated to Toys For Tots this holiday season led by five local automotive repair shops. (PRWeb January 09, 2012) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/1/prweb9085629.htm
Day With Toy Break happens today at www.toybreak.com and here's two collaborative sketches by Luke Chueh x Nathan Hamill up for sale, with proceeds to benefit the continued advancement of Toy Break. Do check with the folks for availability and check in at www.toybreak.com/live to check out what's going / went on!
I will be in Taiwan for a business trip next week and would love to have a meetup! Have no idea how many will come along but if enough come then we will close off the Good Smile Tetsujin cafe - if only a few then we will have a nice n cozy corner to ourselves. I call all these meetups Culture Japan Night even though they are held in the day sometimes ^^;
Good Smile will let us use the place for free but if you want food then you can buy something from their yummy menu. I heard that some folks wanted to bring their daughters along too - please do and I'll bring one of mine too ^^ I'll also be filming for Culture Japan Season 3. Season 2 will start its broadcast in Taiwan next month.
If you are interested in coming then register your attendance with this form. Feel free to bring friends!
Time and place as follows:-
2012/01/14 11AM - 2PM - will book longer if needed. Come and go any time ^^
Good Smile Tetsujin Cafe
No. 50, Section 1, Zhōngxiào West Rd, Jhongjheng District
Look forward to meeting folks in Taiwan!
Previous meetup reports listed up below.
Have you been to any of the meetups that we've had so far in the UK, France, US, Shanghai, HongKong, Malaysia, Singapore?
There is a poll embedded in this article.
PS. Folks from Aniarc are coming too ^^
WANTED: ALL OUTER SPACE MEN FANS AND CUSTOMIZERS! The Four Horsemen are looking for customizers to be part of their annual gallery show, Toypocalypse 2: Futuretro at TT Underground in New York City! In celebration of the 45th anniversary of the Four Horsemen’s licensed action figure line, The Outer Space Men, the Four Horsemen are [...]