Articles on this Page
- 11/07/12--16:09: _TRU Exclusive Greml...
- 11/07/12--16:30: _Toys go back to the...
- 11/07/12--17:37: _Mark James x Unbox ...
- 11/07/12--17:37: _POP! ‘Corns Mini Se...
- 11/07/12--17:43: _Toys on the Hudson ...
- 11/07/12--18:09: _Toys for Tots campa...
- 11/07/12--18:45: _The Advent of Insta...
- 11/07/12--18:47: _Gangnam Style with ...
- 11/07/12--18:49: _Lunar Sprogs by Cri...
- 11/07/12--18:50: _Custom-Feature: Lar...
- 11/07/12--20:19: _Deconstructive Crit...
- 11/07/12--20:25: _BBTS Sponsor News: ...
- 11/07/12--20:30: _Mishka Scarf Keeps ...
- 11/07/12--20:42: _From the Creators o...
- 11/07/12--20:54: _KidHoHoHo from Kidr...
- 11/07/12--21:05: _Warner Bros. Intera...
- 11/07/12--21:39: _Get in the holiday ...
- 11/07/12--22:04: _Name That..Faux Sal...
- 11/08/12--00:00: _Toys for Tots needs...
- 11/08/12--00:18: _A Quick Look at Des...
- 11/07/12--16:09: TRU Exclusive Gremlins Santa Gizmo Action Figure
- 11/07/12--16:30: Toys go back to the 1980s
- 11/07/12--17:37: Mark James x Unbox Dalston Fried Chicken Vinyl
- 11/07/12--17:37: POP! ‘Corns Mini Series
- 11/07/12--17:43: Toys on the Hudson offers Holiday Shopping Alternative
- 11/07/12--18:09: Toys for Tots campaign begins
- 11/07/12--18:45: The Advent of Instagram.com and My New-Found Online Addiction
- 11/07/12--18:47: Gangnam Style with PSY POP! Vinyl & Bobble Head from Funko
- 11/07/12--18:49: Lunar Sprogs by Cris Rose
- 11/07/12--18:50: Custom-Feature: Large Scale Apocalypse Dunnys by Huck Gee
- 11/07/12--20:19: Deconstructive Criticism When you have a creative job, you get a...
- 11/07/12--20:30: Mishka Scarf Keeps You Warm There’s something plain old...
- 11/07/12--20:42: From the Creators of Takochu Comes Butachu I went on a Takochu...
- 11/07/12--20:54: KidHoHoHo from Kidrobot Halloween was last week. And you know...
- 11/07/12--22:04: Name That..Faux Salt Vampire
- 11/08/12--00:00: Toys for Tots needs volunteers
- 11/08/12--00:18: A Quick Look at DesignerCon 2012
TOYWORLD supervisor Brent Staff believes parents out to rekindle their own childhood memories are driving sales of retro toys.
Mark James (he of Cardboy Fame ) has teamed up with Unbox Industries to create his Dalston Fried Chicken project. This homage to the greasy but oh-so-good fast food many of us give into at least occasionally plays on both popular notions of ‘vinyl’ by including a swanky grease colored...
If you like balloon animals but are scared of clowns...Kidrobot will be releasing their POP! ‘Corns Mini Series on November 15th 2012. Available in 10 different colors, these 3-inch glossy plastic figures will run $7.95 each.
New Jersey’s Family Toy Show Held Thanksgiving Weekend Jersey City, NJ (November 8, 2012) – Toys on the Hudson is pleased to announce the tri-state area’s first family-focused toy fair. Developed as a shopping alternative to Black Friday, Toys on the Hudson offers families and collectors an opportunity to discover unique gifts, meet celebrities and [...]
Toys for Tots organizers will have 90 collection boxes in place throughout Eastern Madera County by Nov. 13, a sure reminder that Christmas will soon be here. Click to Continue »
I might be a bit late to the Instagram-game, but having partaketh of it in earnest, I have to say, it has been extremely addictive (bordering on "Obsessive", mind), and I realized it reminded me somehow of the start of my weblogging experience, when I blogged about anything and everything without the need for editorializing the content, And by this I mean my constant snaps of toys, food,
And here you thought your toy-collection would be "safe" from the K-Wave of "Gangnam Style" … Funko bring the "Dress Classy and Dance Cheesy" concept of Korean-rapper PSY unto collectibles! Seen above the "adorable" POP! Vinyl version - frozen in horse-riding-stance - while I suspect the Wacky Wobbler Bobble Head statue below might well turn up to be a bit mow evocative, with the bobbling head!
Cris Rose introduces four brand new Sporgs, with these dubbed LUNAR SPROGS - all seen in unpainted blank prototype form. Standing 4" tall, these guys are twice the size of the first Sprogs released. Weighing 100g each, check out the comparison photo with Renold the maintenance Sprog (who is being retired and replaced with Mk2 in the new year). Priced at US$75, keep your peepers out for a
Huck Gee is welcoming the Apocalypse (and by that I meant the Dunny series launch) with large versions of his Mad-Max-inspired bruiser - with the above-left "Gold Dog" to appear at Dragatomi on November 8th, while the Dunny shrouded in brown paper with it's red mohawk peeking thru is destined for Kidrobot San Francisco. One of my fav designs in the series, I am hoping to pull this figure when
When you have a creative job, you get a lot of feedback. And a lot of that feedback is just plain stupid. Some Irish designers have taken their favorite pieces of criticism and turned them into hilarious posters whose sales will benefit a local children’s hospital. Some of these border on in-jokes for creatives but others are ridiculously funny.
Recently, a client of mine reacted to an animation that started with some clouds. “Clouds… What does it mean?!” All I could think of was Double Rainbow.
An all new batch of pre-order listings from our friends at BigBadToyStore.com ————- NEW PREORDERS ————- NEW HOT WHEELS ELITE – 1:18, 1:43, 1:50 A wide variety of new Hot Wheels Elite items have been listed, in 1:18, 1:43 and 1:50 scales. We have items from the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, “The Dark Knight Rises”, Batman, [...]
Mishka Scarf Keeps You Warm
There’s something plain old awesome about a scarf that says “DESTROY” on it. And since it’s currently snowing outside my window, I could definitely use one. I’d toss it around my neck before leaving the office, yell “destroy!” and run out into the night, ready to fight crime.
Get it from Mishka for $39.
From the Creators of Takochu Comes Butachu
I went on a Takochu binge about this time last year. Now I’m on a Butachu binge. These little acrylic piggies are lining my desktop. They’re from the same company that made Takochu so they look similar and are awesome side-by-side. Hopefully they keep coming out with new animals each year. What should be next? Kiwis? Capybaras?
KidHoHoHo from Kidrobot
Halloween was last week. And you know what that means? Time for Christmas ads. And Xmas-themed toys. Check out KidHoHoHo from Kidrobot. This mini mascot comes decked out in Santa gear, hat included. At he comes with a key lodged in his back, sort of like last year’s Toy Soldier Android. Pick one up for $12 on November 15 and maybe you’ll be lucky enough to open a coal colorway (1/10 rarity).
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment released the latest Injustice: Gods Among Us video featuring members of the NetherRealm Studios development team discussing what makes this new fighting game franchise unique. The title is scheduled for release April 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment [...]
NECA won’t be thrown by a “super storm” they just keep cranking out the coolness. Today they announced a holiday exclusive for Toys R Us: The last of our Fall 2012 Toys ‘R’ Us Exclusives is easily the most adorable! That’s not to say Apollo Creed wasn’t a looker in his own way, but who [...]
I was telling somebody the other day the Salt Vampire from the original Star Trek series always creeped me out as a kid. This is completely unrelated.
Toys for Tots is seeking volunteers to help with the community family registration. Bilingual would be helpful but not necessary. To volunteer contact Volunteer Coordinator Lynda Nuernberg-Smith at LMNS1@aol.com or 737-4090.