- RSS Channel Showcase 3647982
- RSS Channel Showcase 2816380
- RSS Channel Showcase 6175772
- RSS Channel Showcase 1703305
Articles on this Page
- 01/07/18--08:02: _set database: LEGO ...
- 01/07/18--08:05: _These 3 High-Yield ...
- 01/07/18--08:40: _GE Stock Is a Bette...
- 01/07/18--08:40: _What's Shipping For...
- 01/07/18--09:00: _Canada Science and ...
- 01/07/18--09:21: _This Latest Steiff ...
- 01/07/18--09:36: _What's on center st...
- 01/07/18--09:45: _Coral
- 01/07/18--09:50: _Bannon tries to mak...
- 01/07/18--10:11: _WWE Basic Series 83...
- 01/07/18--10:16: _DC Direct Style Bat...
- 01/07/18--06:00: _What is one game yo...
- 01/07/18--10:18: _Legendary Facebook ...
- 01/07/18--10:26: _Portuguese town enc...
- 11/27/17--15:18: _Thank You
- 01/07/18--07:00: _The best games of 2...
- 01/07/18--08:00: _New year, same old ...
- 01/07/18--08:49: _Hotspot, Blades, Fi...
- 01/07/18--10:53: _White House advisor...
- 01/07/18--11:00: _2 Reasons Why Aller...
- 01/07/18--08:02: set database: LEGO 40218 fox
- 01/07/18--08:05: These 3 High-Yield Stocks Could Significantly Outperform in 2018
- 01/07/18--08:40: GE Stock Is a Better Bet on Aircraft Demand Than Boeing
- 01/07/18--08:40: What's Shipping For The Week Of January 10, 2018
- 01/07/18--09:00: Canada Science and Technology Museum – Ottawa, Ontario
- 01/07/18--09:21: This Latest Steiff Find Is The Cat's Meow
- 01/07/18--09:36: What's on center stage at the CES tech show? Your voice
- 01/07/18--09:45: Coral
- 01/07/18--09:50: Bannon tries to make amends as aides defend Trump's fitness
- 01/07/18--10:11: WWE Basic Series 83 Figures From Mattel
- 01/07/18--06:00: What is one game you know will never leave your backlog?
- 01/07/18--10:26: Portuguese town encourages children to smoke at Epiphany
- 11/27/17--15:18: Thank You
- 01/07/18--07:00: The best games of 2017 that you didn't play
- 01/07/18--08:00: New year, same old video game magazine oddities
- 01/07/18--08:49: Hotspot, Blades, First Aid Design Drawings by Ken Christiansen
- 01/07/18--11:00: 2 Reasons Why Allergan Stock Plunged in 2017
set name: fox
theme: creator, promotional, monthly mini model
monthly mini model.
released on month of november 2016.
come with a brick built fox.
overall design is great.
Located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Science and Technology Museum houses a plethora of scientific objects and innovations in a contemporary museum setting.
Sometimes, the best things in life tiptoe in on little cat's feet. And such is the case with this week's happy find! Steiffgal popped into an antique show while traveling recently. There were many great vintage temptations on offer, but hardly any Steiff... until the VERY LAST booth in the hall. Check out what was hiding out among a bunch of old toys, puzzles, and other vintage childhood favorites.
They say cats have nine lives, and in the case of this example, that is exactly true! Today, when a toy is produced, it usually appears on the market for just a handful of years. This is due to the "limited edition" phenomenon, as well as changes in market preferences - especially for things like licensed characters. But, in the case of Steiff's 20th century production, some items would appear for years, decades, or even generations. For example, the company's Molly dogs were introduced in the 1920's and were produced through the end of the 1970's. And Steiff's black "Scary Cat" pattern appeared in the company's debut catalog of 1903, and is still being manufactured on and off to this day! Post war, this fully jointed cat pattern was clearly a fan favorite, appearing in the line for almost 20 years.
Despite her longevity, this pattern did experience a few updates and changes over time. These changes were aesthetic, to keep up with modern preferences, but also structural, to help keep her manufacturing costs in check. So what are some differences between the older and newer Kitty cats? Here on the left, you can see a more "modern" Kitty, produced during the early 1970's. As you can tell, the older ones simply have a more "vintage" look to them. But here are three objective, key physical details that may help to date this beloved and legacy pattern.
Eyes: Older Kitties have distinctive green-teal and black glass slit pupil eyes, while newer ones have olive-green and black slit pupil plastic eyes.
Coloration and ID: Older Kitties have grey and off white coats that are airbrushed in grey stripes, while newer ones have off white coats what are airbrushed in darker grey or black stripes. Older ones tend to have powder pink noses, while newer ones tend to have darker pink noses. Older ones also often, but not always, have a "US Zone" tag sewn into their front leg seam.
Materials: The smallest older Kitties have felt ears and a white velvet muzzle, while newer ones have mohair ears and muzzles. You can see two examples of the earliest Kitties with these details here (along with their sweet friend, a woolie mouse from F.A.O. Schwarz!)
Steiffgal hopes this discussion on Steiff's fully jointed kittens has been the cat's meow for you.
Have a question about one of your Steiff treasures? Let's talk! Click here to learn more.
What's the hottest thing in the world of technology these days? Your voice. Some of the most popular gadgets over the holiday season were smart speakers with digital assistants from Amazon and Google . ...
Just managed to launch the pattern for Coral. I am really proud of hw she turned out. Initially star
Last week I asked what everybody's gaming resolution for 2018 was and more than few Destructoid readers responded with some idea pertaining to their backlog. A backlog is something we likely all have and as we grow older and have to adjust our lives to the realities we live in, the chances of us actually going back and playing these games shrinks. It's just a part of being a gamer in the era of endless entertainment.
My backlog right now is sitting around 100 games if I don't count the probably 75 titles I've bought on Steam with no real intention to play. From the GameCube to the DS to the Vita, PlayStation 4 and now the Switch, my shelves are packed with games waiting for me to take out of the shrink wrap let alone play. And with a few adjustments to my life this year -- I'm getting rid of cable so I don't spend my nights watching Modern Family reruns -- I'll probably get around to beating four or five of them throughout the next 12 months. One game I probably won't ever find time for is Fantasy Life.
This Level-5 title should be the most played game on my 3DS. I adored London Life in Professor Layton and the Last Specter, so finding the joy of Fantasy Life should have been a no-brainer. But boy howdy did it pick the wrong release date. The game launched on October 24, 2014. You know what else launched that same date? Bayonetta 2. Which one got my attention for the next two weeks? Bayonetta 2. Which one will I rebuy for the Switch next month and spend two weeks playing through without even thinking about the other one? Bayonetta 2.
Such is the first-world problems of a man with too many video game systems and too little time on his hands. Had I not bothered to buy a Wii U the year before, I have no doubt in my mind Fantasy Life would have around 100 hours of playtime on my 3DS. Instead it sits around seven, and with every new game that gets added to my catalog -- I just bought Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 -- it falls further and further to the bottom of that pile.
The Epiphany celebrations in the Portuguese village of Vale de Salgueiro feature a tradition that each year causes an outcry among outsiders: Parents encouraging their children, some as young as 5, to ...
Thank you for supporting Supahcute for the last 9 years. I’ve had a lot of fun with this site and met many great people through it. This is my final post on Supahcute. I’m moving on to focus on my career and on my new project, You Must Know Her. Keep in touch via my … Continue reading "Thank You"
This has become one of my favorite write-ups each year. You know that game that you love, but others don't even seem to know what it is? You rant and rave about how intricate the design is, or how beautiful the game looks, but no one seems to be listening? This post is about those games. Games that we loved, yet didn't see much conversation about.
In the last issue, we celebrated the demise of Miiverse by looking back at some notable Miiverse posts. Originally, this issue was planned for December and was supposed to be holiday themed, with an emphasis on holiday-related oddities from years past.
But, it turns out 90% of publications in December back in the day just did buyers guides and I'm far too lazy to dig through those. So, instead, we're going back to basics! A fresh start for the new year by keeping it simple with old video game magazines and other oddball things of years past!
Transformers artist Ken Christiansen has shared even more images of the original package art drawings. Following the previous looks at ... We have some new drawings of Hotspot, Blades and First Aid characters. Read on to see the design images, original box shots, and Ken's comments below.