Articles on this Page
- 10/19/12--10:30: _My very first abstr...
- 10/19/12--10:33: _Renaissance Angel m...
- 10/19/12--10:59: _Review of the Kid-C...
- 10/19/12--11:01: _Tabeo vs Nabi 2: A ...
- 10/19/12--11:35: _Tula-Dil DreamSickl...
- 10/19/12--11:37: _NYCC BETA PHASE ‘OU...
- 10/19/12--11:48: _Holiday 2012: Targe...
- 10/19/12--12:36: _Sam’s Club No Bake ...
- 10/19/12--13:35: _Jump From Paper
- 10/19/12--14:04: _Photography – The T...
- 10/19/12--14:15: _New figma, Nendoroi...
- 10/19/12--14:48: _What You Should Kno...
- 10/19/12--14:55: _Dengeki Festival ha...
- 10/19/12--15:17: _Nendoroid and figma...
- 10/19/12--15:36: _Mikey Anderson’s Ya...
- 10/19/12--16:20: _Does the Kurio 7 Fu...
- 10/19/12--16:34: _LittleBits: ‘Ghostb...
- 10/19/12--16:45: _TONIGHT – The Openi...
- 10/19/12--16:56: _The Tamashii Nation...
- 10/19/12--17:11: _Dengeki Festival br...
- 10/19/12--10:30: My very first abstract paintings
- 10/19/12--10:33: Renaissance Angel mixed media painting
- 10/19/12--10:59: Review of the Kid-Centric Tabeo Tablet: What Did We Think?
- 10/19/12--11:01: Tabeo vs Nabi 2: A Feature by Feature Comparison
- 10/19/12--11:35: Tula-Dil DreamSickle D-Con Exclusive
- 10/19/12--11:37: NYCC BETA PHASE ‘OUTER SPACE MEN’ UP FOR SALE SATURDAY!
- 10/19/12--11:48: Holiday 2012: Target And Toys 'R Us Come Out Swinging
- 10/19/12--12:36: Sam’s Club No Bake Challenge: Fall Fruit Salad Recipe – Giveaway
- 10/19/12--13:35: Jump From Paper
- 10/19/12--14:04: Photography – The Trees In My Neighborhood
- 10/19/12--14:15: New figma, Nendoroid photos show up at Dengeki Festival
- 10/19/12--14:48: What You Should Know About These Earnings
- 10/19/12--14:55: Dengeki Festival has Beach Queens competing for the crown
- 10/19/12--15:17: Nendoroid and figma keep rolling in at Dengeki Festival
- 10/19/12--15:36: Mikey Anderson’s Yarnies
- 10/19/12--16:20: Does the Kurio 7 Fulfill Your Kid’s Tablet Needs?
- 10/19/12--16:34: LittleBits: ‘Ghostbusters 3’ Shooting WITHOUT Bill...
- Ghostbusters 3 begins shooting next year. (YAY!) Without Bill Murray. (BOO!)
- Spike Lee’s unnecessary Oldboy remake gets a release date of 10/11/2013.
- Justice League movie slated for 2015 which is when Avengers 2 is set to drop. Coincidence? Probably not.
- Pheed is the latest social network that you probably won’t care about.
- Plots for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 revealed.
- Shailene Woodley is the new MJ in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 & 3.
- Samsung & Google’s Chromebook is getting a 3G version for just $329. (Pre-order)
- 10/19/12--16:56: The Tamashii Nation grows with Durarara!!, Another, more
- 10/19/12--17:11: Dengeki Festival brings out the warrior in Haganai's Sena
Jumping into an already crowded pool of kid’s tablets is the Tabeo. Today we’ll be seeing how it breaks down and compares to the plethora of tech devices designed for youngsters that are already out there. What Is the Tabeo? The Tabeo is a 7 inch touchscreen tablet designed for kids (recommended ages 8 and [...]
A fair amount of parents this year want to get tablets for their children. Whether it’s to save their iPad, or simply to provide quality entertainment and fun learning opportunities for their kids, tablets are amassing quite a group of people interested in purchasing them. Of course, they aren’t cheap, and of course, it seems [...]
Ion Tallman has announced details about the Tula-Dil DreamSickle Designer Con Exclusive. This is a limited edition of only 5 sets, which include Tula-Dil and her little brother Thistle. For Tula-Dil`s first artist collaboration I wanted to celebrate the awesome color and detail work of doll maker Joey Versaw and our shared obsession with the [...]
The Outer Space Men that were previously a shared 2012 New York Comic Con exclusives between Toy Tokyo and Action Figure Xpress go up for sale in VERY limited quantities tomorrow night at 9pm on the Four Horsemen’s online retail outlet – Store Horsemen (http://www.storehorsemen.com)! Only 100 of the Beta Phase versions of Orbitron, Gamma-X and [...]
The holiday season is not yet officially upon us, but retailers are already out of the gate with strong strategies to not just beat the online competition, but to win.
I was asked to share a no bake recipe that we like to enjoy. I like buying in bulk because it gives me plenty of uses for the products, and produce I purchase. One recipe I wanted to share is so simple and perfectly fall. It’s so easy to make that I had my 3... [Continue Reading]
Jump From Paper will be a new vendor at Designer Con 2012 (Booth 201). I had to do a triple take at the images on their website, as the cartoon bags they create look like they're Photoshopped into each picture. If you're looking for a bag...I'd probably hold off if you're going to D-Con.
Living in Oregon there is no shortage of beauty here. The trees in my neighborhood are such bright colors, so many shades of autumn. What do the trees in your neighborhood look like?
Earlier Good Smile Company and Max Factory teased what they would be having at the Dengeki 20th Anniversary Festival. Now that the event is here, the company is in full tweet form revealing everything they have teased and then some.
For figma figures, we're looking at Mami from Puella Magi Madoka Magica in her school uniform. A surprise reveal also shows that Sayaka will be putting on her school uniform for her figma figure, too. Okay, not really surprising. Kirito from Sword Art Online is shown and another surprise is Yuno from Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb. Though not on display in figure form, Max Factory also displayed a sign for a figma figure of Fuyato from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.
The Nendoroid side of things see Asuna with Kirito from Sword Art Online. Yuno from Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb shows up again in Nendoroid form. Also, the ladies from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls make a set for the Nendoroid Petit series.
Is that all Good Smile Company and Max Factory has? We'll have to see as the event is still going and spans two days. So anything for you to get excited about?
The Dengeki 20th Anniversary Festival continues with more new figures to check out. We've already seen Good Smile Company and Max Factory show off their wears. Now it's time for Wave Corporation to show off their 1/10-scale Beach Queens series of figures and boy do they have a slew of new figures coming!
Two prototypes were on display for new Beach Queens figures. There was Chiyuri from Accel World bringing a very chipper attitude and Ichiko from Binbougami ga! who is reaching out to you cause I am assuming she's falling. Though, I guess she's too happy for something like that.
In display teaser form only there is Aoko from Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, Marii from Joshiraku, Kanako from Star Driver, Kimi from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Miho and Saori from GIRLS und PANZER, several of the ladies from Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, and the girls from Tari Tari.
That's a lot of new Beach Queens! Fans of this series of figures, you have your hands full and a very empty wallet come next year. So, again, anything you're excited to see when it comes to these queens of the beach?
[Update: Nendoroid Alice from Momoiro Taisen Pairon and figma Black Gold Saw TV version added to the gallery.]
I can't keep up! Earlier we saw a handful of new and upcoming figma and Nendoroid figures coming down the line from both Good Smile Company and Max Factory. Now there's even more to look and and more to get excited about.
Probably the biggest news to you folks is the figma figure of Labrys from Persona 4 Arena and she is looking ready to kick some butt. Yikes! The one that has my attention is a figma version of Super Sonico in her tiger hoodie, the outfit I adore the most for this character. With this and the Nendoroid happening, I can only hope they'll finally release a PVC figure version of her in said outfit.
Also on display for Nendoroid figures is Kanna from Ano Natsu de Matteru which I just finished today (and I cried a many manly tears). Fate from the upcoming Nanoha movie makes her appearance again along with Horizon Ariadust from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse sees Yui put on the chibi suit as well as her figma uniform.
Cripes! This event just keeps getting better and better. Well, for me. Is it getting better for you?
Mikey Anderson has created a line of plush characters that he calls the Yarnies. Yarnies are described as "quirky little characters that range from adorable foxes to gross pizza people who come in the form of plush toys, zines, and key-chains". Most of the items that are available on his Etsy page run in the [...]
The Kurio 7 is braving an already crowded pool of kid-centric tablets; will it be able to hold its own? What Is the Kurio 7 Tablet? Like the Tabeo, the MEEP tablet, and the Nabi 2, the Kurio is a 7” LCD touchscreen tablet geared for kids (roughly) around the ages of 6 and up. [...]
LittleBits: ‘Ghostbusters 3’ Shooting WITHOUT Bill Murray, ‘Justice League’ Movie Gets A Release Date, & More
Welcome to LittleBits, a new segment where we round up the latest news from all corners of the geek spectrum and serve it to your brains gangster style in the form of links to other sites that are way more qualified to report on these sorts of things than us. Enjoy!
For those of you familiar with his photography in his Men of Action Blog here on AFi know the stunning action figure based photography that Danny Neumann does. Tonight opens his very first gallery show of his action figure based photography. If you are in the greater Phoenix area I strongly encourage you to check [...]
More news is coming from the Dengeki 20th Anniversary Festival with Bandai on the floor with figure news of their own.
Durarara!! is back once again with Bandai bringing Izaya and Shizuo to their S.H. Figuarts line of poseable figures. Also coming to this line is Mei from Another. The Figuarts ZERO line of static figures will see Asuka from Senran Kagura get a couple of new coats of paint. It also looks like she'll be joined by Yomi.
However, that's nothing compared to the news that fans have been craving. It may not be a figma figure from Max Factory but Archer is finally getting a poseable figure as a part of Bandai's Chogokin line! That is, if you are looking for Archer from Fate/Zero. But, hey, I heard that Gilgamesh fellow is some swanky guy! ...
Little seems to be coming from Griffon Enterprises at the Dengeki 20th Anniversary Festival but that doesn't meant they don't have anything swanky. Fans who have seen Yozora from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai dressed up as a monster hunter but been wanting Sena instead, your wait is over. ...well, sort of. You have something to at least be happy about.
At the event, the 1/8-scale Sena -Monster Hunter ver.- was on display with the painted version of Yozora. Here outfit is not looking as ridiculous as Yozora and from what can be seen, looks rather nice. The butterfly wings are a nice touch and the hair looks fantastic. And yikes! That sword she's carrying! No other details are available but it's safe to say you'll be seeing this one in 2013.