Articles on this Page
- 07/24/14--08:00: _Kidrobot to close a...
- 07/24/14--08:15: _Illustrations for B...
- 07/24/14--08:30: _Kickstarter: Mayor ...
- 07/24/14--08:52: _Reviews: Fashion Ex...
- 07/24/14--09:00: _PlayAbility Toys Pr...
- 07/24/14--09:38: _A Closer Look at th...
- 07/24/14--10:26: _Amazing 3D Art at S...
- 07/24/14--11:00: _Marvel Super Heroes...
- 07/24/14--11:30: _JAKKS Pacific Q2 Lo...
- 07/24/14--11:30: _SDCC14: Uglydolls x...
- 07/24/14--11:34: _Is JAKKS Pacific Br...
- 07/24/14--12:00: _"Totoro" ...
- 07/24/14--13:00: _New Rebel Ink custo...
- 07/24/14--13:20: _Pushead Lunch @ SDC...
- 07/24/14--14:00: _The Reign Gorilla &...
- 07/24/14--14:30: _Rocket Raccoon Fabr...
- 07/24/14--14:38: _2014 SDCC Day 1: Ma...
- 07/24/14--15:00: _"Akrham City&q...
- 07/24/14--15:33: _2014 SDCC Day 1: Le...
- 07/24/14--15:39: _SDCC 2014 - Photos ...
- 07/24/14--08:00: Kidrobot to close all their retail stores
- 07/24/14--08:30: Kickstarter: Mayor 4 Crack
- 07/24/14--08:52: Reviews: Fashion Explorer Vanessa and Poppy Fashions
- 07/24/14--09:00: PlayAbility Toys Provides Kids a Special Kind of Play
- 07/24/14--09:38: A Closer Look at the New Firecat from Joe Ledbetter
- 07/24/14--10:26: Amazing 3D Art at Summerland Movie Club
- 07/24/14--11:00: Marvel Super Heroes Will Hit North American Retailers This Fall
- 07/24/14--11:30: JAKKS Pacific Q2 Loss Wider than Estimates; Shares Plummet
- 07/24/14--11:30: SDCC14: Uglydolls x DC Comics
- 07/24/14--11:34: Is JAKKS Pacific Broken Beyond Repair?
- 07/24/14--12:00: "Totoro" Baldwins by Dolly Oblong (for sale July 24)
- 07/24/14--13:00: New Rebel Ink custom by JonPaul Kaiser
- 07/24/14--13:20: Pushead Lunch @ SDCC -- Itamu
- 07/24/14--14:30: Rocket Raccoon Fabrikation
- 07/24/14--14:38: 2014 SDCC Day 1: Mattel WWE
- 07/24/14--15:33: 2014 SDCC Day 1: Lego The Hobbit Lonely Mountain Set
- 07/24/14--15:39: SDCC 2014 - Photos From The Hasbro Booth!
Kidrobot has had a rough time this year. They’ve raised prices and have closed a number of stores. They don’t even have their own booth at this year’s SDCC.
So instead of waiting to hear about each store they have left closing, they’ve decided to just close them all now. In an announcement on their blog Tuesday, they stated they will close all of their remaining stores. Their Las Vegas and San Francisco stores will stay open, but will be independent dealers.
So this sounds bad for the company all around, but they don’t plan on giving up. In the blog, they stated that they will focus more on selling with retailers and at events, and they will also be launching a new website in the fall. I guess right now if you care about Kidrobot and want to help, just buy from them.
Also shown was the recently teased Tekken Bishoujo Anna Williams, the She-Hulk we're still waiting for, the newly unveiled Fine Arts Carnage, and so much more.
See some of the pages in the gallery.
Created by artist Beck and Mindzai Labs, Mayor 4 Crack is a designer art toy project that's hit Kickstarter in an attempt to raise funds for production. Lampooning Toronto's "infamous crack-smoking mayor Rob Ford", the 5-inch Ford will include interchangeable signs...featuring some of his colorful quotes. And while there isn't a prototype available, the final […]
Fashion Explorer Vanessa is one of the three optional 2014 W Club upgrade dolls and the only one I ordered. Apparently I can't shake the Vanessa addiction completely. She was $130 plus postage.
Let me deal with the sculpt first. She's described as having the Vanessa 3.0 sculpt. I'm still struggling to figure out what the 2.0 sculpt was. It seems that there were several other attempts at a new Vanessa sculpt between DC and now. Half this...half that...I don't get it.
Could it have been Dress Code Vanessa?
Anyway, the new gal is a pretty doll. There have been many complaints about the screening difference between the left and right eyes. I see it when I look very closely but it doesn't bother me. Her hair, which is long in the back in a beautiful wrapped pony tail, is offset by the boring side curl and an ultra high forehead. A different hairstyle would do wonders.
She is styled awkwardly.
The fashion consists of a boxy, ill-fitting ultra suede top over a sheer mesh bodysuit. The skirt is, as you can see, is a wrap mini in light blue. This is supposed to be a fashion doll and I don't think she ranks up there as well dressed or worth $130.
This is the first time I've seen the revised FR2 body. It's a good body with firm joints. The elbow joints on this doll squeak!
Here she shows off her assets:
There appears to be some crazy blogger glitch which is pasting text over one of my photographs. I hope it goes away.
Play is one of the essential foundations of development in all children. With toys, kids learn how to socially interact, develop emotional intelligence, define motor skills, increase physical awareness, and support skills learned in the classroom. For kids with special needs, the challenges they face may discourage or avert them from having fun while playing [...]
Firecat is back and this time he really means it. It’s been nine years since the fire-breathing beast shook the scene with the OG vinyl figure from Joe Ledbetter. In the span in between, he’s grown in stature (11”) and power. He’s shed his cute, round appearance for a lean,...
While curating Summerland Movie Club, I did not have any influence over the movies the artists chose. I wanted the artists to be free to choose whatever they wished. So, I’m especially happy that Vanessa Ramirez paid tribute to “Moonrise Kingdom” with her mixed media piece. So gorgeous!! This 3d tribute to “Say Anything” is […]
Disney Interactive has confirmed that Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes will be available at North American retailers on September 23. The game will expand the Disney Infinity platform, allowing players to experience all-new Marvel play sets and characters. The popular Toy Box mode also returns with enhanced features, through which users can create their own adventures [...]
Booth #3245 will be where the Uglydoll crew will be stationed at San Diego Comic Con 2014. This year, they'll be teaming up with DC Comics to release SDCC exclusive plush toys, phone cases, pins, tees, and prints.
Dolly Oblong shares with us images and news of her upcoming resin release - featuring her "Baldwins" as the infamous anime character everyone loves; "TOTORO"!
These custom Baldwins are limited to 2 pieces. Totoro measures 3" and comes with an umbrella and leaf. Each Totoro is packaged in a hand sewn fabric pouch. Totoro will be available at shop.dollyoblong.com Thursday July 24, 8pm (CET) for
U.K. based artist JonPaul Kaiser shares with us his latest commissioned custom done on a Rebel Ink figure (originally designed by Usugrow),"This was a private commission for a UK customer and again uses a mix of gang-related tattoos from different parts of the world. I've done a few of these beauties lately so I have a couple more coming up soon…" -added JPK.
(Photography by Justin Allfree /
c Pushead previewed his new collaboration with Hirota, Itamu ('damaged' in Japanese) at SDCC at the Toy Tokyo tower. The figure is Pus's interpretation of Hirota's Mecha Gorilla-Ju. As shown, it features a Pus designed head, sculpted by Hirota on the Mecha body. Look for the total transformation in the...
"The leader of the Momo Clan; the dopest and
most gangster primate is making his return…"
Reign Gorilla is BACK! And he returns as a custom from Tony Shiau AKA Nakanari, along with a buddy!"Reign Gorilla and his sidekick ‘Short Legz’ are mascot designs for a local boutique here in Orlando, Florida. So with that, we want to give them a little shout out by inviting you to check out some custom
Guardians of the Galaxy appears to be a fairly marketable movie...especially on the toy and collectible front. The latest item is from Funko - the Rocket Raccoon Fabrikation. The 6"tall "soft sculpted figure" is filled with dense foam, features a rotating head, and includes a vinyl gun accessory. No word on when you'll be able […]
Hot Toys' 1/6th-scale "Arkham City Batman" takes center-stage in a Batman-ccentric display at the Sideshow Collectibles booth #1929 - currently happening at San Diego Comic Con 2014. Check out MWCToys for more pics of the the rest of the Batman Family collectibles, while we here at TOYSREVIL gawk at what the "reveal" of The (flaccid) Batfleck suit for "Batman v Superman" could not give us = *
Our man on the scene, BaCon has brought us a gallery full of photos from the Hasbro display case at their booth in San Diego. On display are the combiners, Age of Extinction exclusives, and more! Additional products may still be added this weekend, but for that we'll have to wait and see. Keep reading to check out the full album!