Articles on this Page
- 03/25/14--15:07: _Hasbro asks Faceboo...
- 03/26/14--10:11: _Toys"R"Us...
- 03/26/14--12:39: _[video] King Digita...
- 03/27/14--13:00: _Hasbro Named as a 2...
- 03/27/14--13:00: _COMMENTARY: Learnin...
- 03/27/14--13:27: _The New Mr. UK and ...
- 03/27/14--13:51: _Adam Greeley’s Fall...
- 03/27/14--14:04: _Beauty Tips – Great...
- 03/27/14--14:59: _Figma Indiana Jones...
- 03/27/14--18:40: _Easy Fitness Tips F...
- 03/27/14--19:37: _Toy Break Episode 3...
- 03/27/14--22:00: _The Elaborate Repla...
- 03/27/14--22:13: _Macho Man Slated Fo...
- 03/27/14--22:59: _Bilbo Baggins (6 inch)
- 03/27/14--23:00: _First Stegoforest V...
- 03/27/14--23:30: _Movie Review: Capta...
- 03/28/14--00:00: _Alter's new Asuka p...
- 03/28/14--00:52: _Get 20% Off And Fre...
- 03/28/14--01:00: _Volpin Props create...
- 03/28/14--01:02: _James Roberts Tease...
- 03/25/14--15:07: Hasbro asks Facebook fans for their Monopoly rules
- 03/26/14--10:11: Toys"R"Us, Inc. Outlines "TRU Transformation" Strategy
- 03/26/14--12:39: [video] King Digital a fad stock: Pro
- 03/27/14--13:00: Hasbro Named as a 2014 World’s Most Ethical Company
- 03/27/14--13:00: COMMENTARY: Learning Healthy Habits Has Never Been This Much Fun!
- 03/27/14--13:27: The New Mr. UK and Mr. Black are Here!
- 03/27/14--13:51: Adam Greeley’s Falling Leaves
- 03/27/14--14:04: Beauty Tips – Great Skin With Olay Regenerist Luminous #LuminousGlow
- 03/27/14--14:59: Figma Indiana Jones Figure Video Review & Images
- 03/27/14--18:40: Easy Fitness Tips For Real Moms
- 03/27/14--19:37: Toy Break Episode 300 : Time To Eat!
- 03/27/14--22:00: The Elaborate Replacement Teddy Bear Hoax
- 03/27/14--22:13: Macho Man Slated For Next WWE Icon Series Statue From McFarlane Toys
- 03/27/14--22:59: Bilbo Baggins (6 inch)
- 03/27/14--23:00: First Stegoforest Vinyl Release from Jesse Narens
- 03/27/14--23:30: Movie Review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- 03/28/14--00:00: Alter's new Asuka preview brings up the rear
- 03/28/14--01:02: James Roberts Teases Second Season of MTMTE's First Story Arc
WAYNE, N.J., March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At presentations today for investors, industry analysts and the media, Toys"R"Us, Inc. outlined its strategy for improving the company's operational performance and positioning the business to drive profitable growth in the future. Antonio Urcelay, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Toys"R"Us, Inc., and Hank Mullany, President, Toys"R ...
Hasbro Inc. has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent center of research promoting best practices in corporate ethics and governance, as a 2014 World’s Most Ethical Company. Hasbro is one of eight consumer products companies honored this year. It marks the third time that Hasbro has been recognized with this award, which recognizes [...]
As adults, we’re always obsessing over chasing that elusive 10 pounds that we gained so easily after college, but still haven’t figured out how to lose. Going to the gym and eating organic foods are second nature to those who have adapted healthier lifestyles in an effort to be at their best. It’s difficult to [...]
To help celebrate the opening of Karl Largerfeld’s new Regent Street store in London, we created the new limited edition Mr. UK and Mr. Black Karl Lagerfeld x tokidoki figures. See more photos below of the new figures and store! Mr. Black! This matte black limited edition collector’s item is especially remarkable for its gloss finishes on Karl’s gloves, [...]
Adam Greeley recently produced a custom piece he calls Falling Leaves. It's a custom 4" Munny painted with cell vinyl and acrylics. It's currently available in his webstore (linked above) for $75.00. It was a commission piece...but the buyer backed out...their loss, someone's win.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks and P&G. For the past two weeks I have had the unique chance of trying out the new Olay Regenerist Luminous products. Now that I am getting into my late 20′s I’m starting to really take care of my skin. I spend a lot of time in the… [read more]
“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TENways http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV” I am a busy mom of three but I really do enjoy fitness. From working at out home having fun with my girls, hiking in… [read more]
The whole gang returns to the Toy Break couch for the monumental Episode 300: Time to Eat! In this episode, they take a look at the Spider Gremlin, B-KAWZ, Sir Edmund Monroe, and much more.
After my toddler’s bear toppled out of the stroller, I found a replacement and staged the great Rainbow Home for Christmas Spectacular. My daughter wasn’t fooled for a minute.
About a year ago, I was pretty excited about the offerings from The Bridge Direct based on the movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
Jesse Narens shares with us news of his upcoming release of his STEGOFOREST figure in vinyl (prior releases in resin!)!
Currently purchasable here ($80 painted. $75 unpainted. +shipping), this 7" long x 4" tall Stegoforest is cast in Japanese vinyl, and features articulated head and front left foot. Coming along with it is a 2" long ACORN WARRIOR (yes, the cutie with an acorn helmet/hat). Expect shipping by the end of April.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" lives up to it's hype & more. Running at a little over two hours long (136 minutes, to be exact), this film deserves a decent viewing and you would be tantalized for MORE! And I meant that in a good way!
I was so engrossed by the proceedings that I did not question the believability of the scenario (which was deliciously so "comicbook", and makes absolutely "comicbook sense") and characters depicted, and just enjoyed the ride … and only when the end credits scene come in (you know by now to stay at least until the principal credits roll, folks!), I was then reminded of the "bigger picture" that which is the Marvel Universe.
Some say this film is MARVEL's finest, and find it hard to disagree, with this being the most coherent and "believable" film thus far seen, for me personally. While hardly in the stratosphere of the "Best" Superhero films, it is at it's subtle best above a whole chunk of genre flicks.
FYI#1: That mid-credits scene would make so much sense if you know about what's currently being filmed in Italy, otherwise the connection is not so evident immediately, especially if you'd read comicbooks as well. And that reveal that (somewhat uneasily) leads to the character(s) reveal is oh so intriguingly exciting, that I think ties to either Guardians of the Galaxy, or the third Avengers movie...
FYI#2: There apparently is a END credits scene, right until the end of the closing credits, but I had missed that totally and am utterly gutted now ggrrr. (But thanks to a friend who sat all the way thru, I now know what the scene holds, so that's coolbeans)
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" turned out to be my kinda movie, and I did not even know nor expect it to be. One of MARVEL's celluloid triumphs, in that they keep you wanting MORE, and believe you me, this film makes you itch for more! Give it a chance, and give it a watch.
***READ the rest of my movie review posted here on POPCORN-X, which includes MINOR SPOILERS and snaps of Hot Toys' 1/6 adaptation of this MARVEL movie, featuring Captain America in both Golden Age Version (seen at Bugis exhibition) and in his S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform!
I'm no big fan of Evangelion 3.0, but I thought the newly eyepatched-up design for our favourite tsundere redhead Asuka was fantastic, especially when paired with her slacker hood and cat-eared cap. Alter's latest version of her ticked all my boxes then, plus an additional one for those who like shapely derrières.
Since Tian's original look at her, she's been painted and now Alter have put her under the camera for a full-on preview. There's a ton of delicious detail to appreciate here, like her gorgeous hair (always an Alter speciality) and the sharp, bold paint. As I've said before, I like my Asukas haughty or angry, and her sneering face here definitely fits that criteria. The preview also reveals that her hat will be removable and her left arm will be replaceable, going from holding the cap brim to being tucked in her pocket.
All in all, it's looking like another fantastic figure from the masters. Pre-orders are set to open next Wednesday, the 2nd of April. I'm sorely tempted, anyone else with me?
[via Alter's blog]
Using coupon code FRIENDS14 at checkout, you can receive a 20% discount plus free standard shipping on an order of any amount at HasbroToyShop through Monday, April 7th. The usual restrictions such as HTS exclusive merchandise being exempt apply, but if you missed the previous 20% off code, this is a great time to catch up on some recent Transformers still in stock for prices lower than in-stores!
Harrison Krix of Volpin Props recently shared an in-depth look into how he created his latest project, a model replica of The Planet Express from Futurama. The finished project looks phenomenal! This model looks like it came straight from the screen of your TV, that’s how detailed and realistic it looks.
Posted in two parts, Krix meticulously shows how he took his idea and created it step by step. It’s a really great guide if you want to learn more about the process it takes to make a model. There’s even a time lapse video showing how the ship was assembled.
The only bad thing about this is that the model can’t be bought, so I can’t yell, “Shut up and take my money!”
James Roberts has tweeted with some information on the first story line for the beginning of More Than Meets The Eye's second "season", the first season having concluded with issue 22, preceding Dark Cybertron. He doesn't go in to a depth of detail, but the small tease may itself be viewed as spoilers, so click through to see the tweet!