Articles on this Page
- 09/26/13--15:48: _[video] Opinion: Ed...
- 09/26/13--15:50: _Elmo Wants a Hug: W...
- 09/26/13--17:09: _Kyoukai no Kanata
- 09/26/13--17:57: _NYCC13: Minions of ...
- 09/26/13--19:52: _New Quaker Whole Gr...
- 09/26/13--20:18: _New Beware The Batm...
- 09/26/13--20:19: _Arrived: The Blonds...
- 09/26/13--21:07: _Paul Shih Fortune ...
- 09/26/13--21:08: _The Story of Red (N...
- 09/26/13--21:44: _SubUrban Vinyl x Ju...
- 09/26/13--22:28: _April O’Neil
- 09/26/13--22:47: _Hot Toys Reveals Ne...
- 09/26/13--23:22: _Tim Biskup -- Charg...
- 09/27/13--00:59: _Mattel Disney Pixar...
- 09/27/13--01:00: _Tidus and Yuna re-m...
- 09/27/13--01:00: _Playskool Heroes Tr...
- 09/27/13--01:00: _Teenage Mutant Ninj...
- 09/27/13--01:23: _Xperia Z1 Review
- 09/27/13--01:30: _Papa Smurf Mushroom...
- 09/27/13--02:00: _The Jelly Empire's ...
- 09/26/13--15:50: Elmo Wants a Hug: Which Toys Are Super-Hot in 2013?
- 09/26/13--17:09: Kyoukai no Kanata
- 09/26/13--17:57: NYCC13: Minions of Dorkness
- 09/26/13--19:52: New Quaker Whole Grain Boost at Jamba Juice – Giveaway
- 09/26/13--20:18: New Beware The Batman & Teen Titans Go! Starting This Weekend (9/28)
- 09/26/13--20:19: Arrived: The Blonds Blond Gold Barbie® Doll
- 09/26/13--21:07: Paul Shih Fortune Teller Debut Edition (9.30)
- 09/26/13--21:08: The Story of Red (Not Ash) Told in Pokemon Origins Rad news for...
- 09/26/13--21:44: SubUrban Vinyl x Juan Muniz NYCC Philipe the Bunny
- 09/26/13--22:28: April O’Neil
- 09/26/13--22:47: Hot Toys Reveals New 1/6 scale Wolverine Figure
- 09/26/13--23:22: Tim Biskup -- Charge at Martha Otero Gallery (9.28)
- 09/27/13--01:00: Tidus and Yuna re-mastered with some PAK photos
- 09/27/13--01:00: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Raphael
- 09/27/13--01:23: Xperia Z1 Review
- 09/27/13--01:30: Papa Smurf Mushroom House and Fashion Doll Smurfette
- 09/27/13--02:00: The Jelly Empire's Luchabots are now all available online
[at MarketWatch] - Former First Lady Laura Bush on how the Bush Center is helping schools improve American educational outcomes. Photo credit: Associated Press.
Sept. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Toy Insider Publisher Laurie Schacht discusses the hottest toys for 2013 on Bloomberg Television's "Market Makers." (Source: Bloomberg)
Kyoukai no Kanata [境界の彼方] is a fantasy anime adapted from the light novel by Torii Nagomu [鳥居 なごむ]. It...
From Scott Kinnebrew aka "Forces of Dorkness" and SubUrban Vinyl come two editions of the Minions of Dorkness for New York Comic Con (Booth #208). Limited to 10 sets of each head sculpt in the colors shown (plus two mystery color sets for each sculpt), the heads and tentacles are interchangeable using a magnet system. […]
One thing I like to do is grab a fresh smoothie. At the start of a busy day or after a workout to refuel Jamba Juice satisfies and I always feel recharged and energized. Quaker and Jamba Juice have just announced an offering of a Quaker-branded whole grains boost. The new Quaker-branded boost enables consumers to enjoy […]
I'm surprised that I like her so much. I'm dying to take her out of the box, taking those strings off of her hair and letting it flow.
Her chains are actually chain. The main part of the outfit is stunning.
For now, she stays in the box alongside her sister.
It's too bad that there will be no more in this series.
Paul Shih is ready to let his Fortune Teller (aka Master Bing) out into the world. The debut edition of his new resin character is painted a light tan/brown to match the traditional treat offered at many Chinese restaurants. Each figure includes an inserted ‘fortune’, a fun feature made possible...
The Story of Red (Not Ash) Told in Pokemon Origins
Rad news for Pokemon fans everywhere — the Pokemon TV app, an app in which people can watch full and free episodes of the Pokemon anime series, is premiering a four-part web series titled Pokemon Origins, based off of the character Red from Pokemon Red/Blue versions. The series starts off on November 15, with new episodes coming weekly. This is an awesome idea for a series, and I’m stoked to see how this turns out since Ash isn’t too cool of a character compared to Red, and I’m dying to see some hardcore Pokemon training action.
SubUrban Vinyl will be exhibiting at this year’s NYCC and they’ve got quite a few exclusives to tempt you. If you ‘re a fan of Las Vegas artist Juan Muniz, you’ll want to pick up his NYCC exclusive Philipe the Bunny cast (3”) in clear teal resin by JFury. Limited...
After getting all four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I found myself craving some more of those toys. After a quick inspection to the stock available at my local stores, I decided to go for the one that seemed to be the less abundant in the first series of figures by Playmates.
Hot damn! Judging by the images released today, Hot Toys' third Wolverine figure is undeniably the best they have created so far. Click through for the full gallery and product information on the MMS220 The Wolverine 1/6th scale Wolverine collectible figure.
When I first started collecting vinyl, I was drawn to the mesmerizing toy work of a few key artists including Tim Biskup, whose Orange Deco Plague Qee seemingly taunted me as I hunted for it. At the time, I could count the number of art shows I had been to...
The last of the 4 Toon Box Set “re-releases,” also has a unibody upgrade. So, while Daredevil Lightning McQueen (with Buck Teeth) along with Big Fan & Lug are all re-releases, they have never been released in a 3-pack before – so the packaging format is all new. In addition, Daredevil Lightning McQueen with Buck [...]
Final Fantasy X has always evoked mixed feelings for me as it was the first Final Fantasy on the Playstation 2... a system that I didn't get until some time after its release (in no small part because of Kingdom Hearts) and thus wound up never getting FFX (although, as far as the games go, Final Fantasy IX was a great place to leave the franchise). However, it's a game that I've always been nildly tempted to play because I still like the designs for the female characters.
As such, I'd just like to affirm the fact that the sculpting on the PAK Yuna looks great although I'm less sure of the paint. Surprisingly, the promo photos look worse (in terms of paint) than the photo that the Tomopop team took at SDCC and our staffer was taking a photo of a figure behind a glass case. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but seriously, Square-Enix, step your game up!
Tidus, on the other hand, has always stuck me as looking silly. He was, and still is, one of the big things that dampen my enthusiasm for the game. However, it's not entirely fair to bash the figure simply because the character design is a dud. Square-Enix has clearly done their best with the Play Arts Kai Tidus and I respect them for that. The fact that he came out looking not terrible is a testament to the company's talented sculptors. Now if only the company was as good with the paint-work...
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Blades the Copter-Bot Figure -- $12.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Raphael -- $5.13
Running a small company while being very hands on with projects such as Mirai Suenaga, Smart Doll & ru...
Back in July, The Jelly Empire turned her Jellybots into Mexican wrestlers called the Luchabots. These wrestling robots competed against each other in Youtube matches where the winners were decided in advance online. Six Luchabots were made.
The first three, Electrico, Desatre and El Pescador, were available in July. El Pescador and Desatre have since been sold...I got Desatre! The last match was released on Youtube on Wednesday declaring El Fuego the champion.
So the final three Luchabots, Ventisca, El Muerte, and El Fuego, hit The Jelly Empire's online store yesterday. Each resin Jellybot wrestler comes with a special box, stat cards, sticker, blank DIY Jellybot, blank stat card and a micro Jellybot referee. El Fuego will also come with the champion belt.
It's a complete set so you can have wrestling matches of your very own. Being a fan of both the Jelly Empire and Lucha Libre, I couldn't pass this up. Each Luchabot figure is one of a kind and can be purchased from The Jelly Empire's online store for US$50.