Articles on this Page
- 09/14/13--12:00: _Custom LEGO Madoka ...
- 09/14/13--13:14: _Batman Classics 196...
- 09/14/13--14:49: _TMNT Classics Bebop...
- 09/14/13--15:05: _TMNT Nickelodeon Ca...
- 09/14/13--15:18: _LeapFrog LeapPad Ul...
- 09/14/13--15:30: _Texture Dominos: Gr...
- 09/14/13--16:30: _Madrid Fashion Doll...
- 09/14/13--17:04: _Halloween Plushies
- 09/14/13--17:52: _Huguette Clark's Do...
- 09/14/13--19:20: _Seeing Stripes Over...
- 09/14/13--21:12: _Four Horsemen Gothi...
- 09/14/13--21:50: _Doll Show 38 Displa...
- 09/15/13--20:39: _Our Newly Inspired ...
- 09/15/13--21:16: _Make Meal Time ‘WOW...
- 09/15/13--22:40: _War Machine (Pop! V...
- 09/15/13--22:59: _adfunture x G-SHOCK...
- 09/15/13--23:19: _Craola Ralf Colorways
- 09/16/13--01:04: _Mattel Disney Pixar...
- 09/16/13--01:30: _New Halloween Haunt...
- 09/16/13--01:30: _Who’s in Space?
- 09/14/13--12:00: Custom LEGO Madoka Kaname is pure magic
- 09/14/13--13:14: Batman Classics 1966 TV Moments Action Figure Set
- 09/14/13--14:49: TMNT Classics Bebop and Rocksteady Production Samples Revealed
- 09/14/13--15:18: LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids Tablet Review
- 09/14/13--15:30: Texture Dominos: Great Tactile Toy
- 09/14/13--16:30: Madrid Fashion Doll Exclusive JamieShow "TOREADORA" Grace
- 09/14/13--17:04: Halloween Plushies
- 09/14/13--17:52: Huguette Clark's Doll Collection "Empty Mansions"
- 09/14/13--19:20: Seeing Stripes Over This Zany Steiff Zebra
- Lulac zebra is black and white striped while Lulac donkey is shades of grey
- Lulac zebra has black and brown pupil eyes while Lulac donkey has shiny black button eyes
- Lulac zebra's ears face outward while Lulac donkey's ears face inward
- 09/14/13--21:12: Four Horsemen Gothitropolis Raven Line New Figures Revealed
- 09/14/13--21:50: Doll Show 38 Display Area
- 09/15/13--22:40: War Machine (Pop! Vinyl Bobble Head)
- 09/15/13--22:59: adfunture x G-SHOCK Collaborative Yoka figure
- 09/15/13--23:19: Craola Ralf Colorways
- 09/16/13--01:30: New Halloween Haunted House Mug Rug E-Pattern
- 09/16/13--01:30: Who’s in Space?
LEGO fans never cease to amaze me in just what they can do with simple building blocks. From sprawling buildings to giant robots to surprisingly detailed character figures they're always pushing the boundaries.
Case in point is the latest from Moko: Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. You might remember Moko from his recent LEGO creations of a Gipsy Danger figure from Pacific Rim or Chamber from Gargantia. In sharp contrast Madoka comes as a very cute sort of minimalist approach on the character. She's even shown with a nicely crafted bow with a large translucent LEGO rose. The best feature is the dress which appears to be using magic (or glue) to get it's amazing shape and depth of detail.
Moko is definitely a builder to watch. He's shown a ton of skill in ability to capture anime characters and mecha in block form and it's exciting to imagine what he'll come up with next.
[via Brothers Brick]
Batman Classics 1966 TV Moments Action Figure Set Do you remember the iconic moment in TV when Batman and Robin scales up the wall using a rope to catch the bad guys? Well, these awesome action figures recreate that particular scene from the 1966 Batman television series. Each action figure measures approximately 6-inch high and...
Disclosure: I was provided with a sample of the LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra kids tablet for review. A few additional pre-loaded apps and games were included on the educational tablet to enhance my review experience. Any opinions are my own. Several years ago, LeapFrog delved into the kids educational tablet market with the LeapPad Explorer. Last […]
Spotlight on Guidecraft’s Texture Dominos Every now and then, I like to feature a particular toy that provides fun and multiple educational benefits. One of my favorites is Guidecraft’s Texture Dominos, a wonderful preschool manipulative and tactile toy. The toy has also won an Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award. Dominos are a great classic […]
A most beautiful Jamieshow Grace was presented in Madrid at the Fashion Doll event. She is LE 25 and is priced at $450.
I love the gold eye shadow, red lips and raven hair. It looks like the wig cap is a long pony tail. It's an excellent look for this resin BJD.
Little could entice copper mining heiress Huguette Clark out of her solitary life in a vast Fifth Avenue apartment, except her love of dolls.
The recluse, who died childless at the age of 104, had a collection of china dolls, and perfectly scaled houses and accessories for them, believed to be worth more than $2 million.
And, although she was seldom seen in public, Ms Clark would come out of her lavish apartment if it meant adding to the collection.
In their book, Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune, Bill Dedman and Paul Clark Newell Jr. reveal how the heiress attended a Christian Dior fashion show - to search for doll's clothes.
So what's the story behind Lulac zebra? Well, Steiffgal can't find anything definitive in writing about him, so here are her best thoughts, based on the little that can deduced and some circumstantial evidence. First of all, Steiffgal has seen one or two other Lulac zebras over the decade, so a few were made; this is not a "one of a kind" rarity. And, given how close he is in design, look, and feel to Lulac donkey, Lulac zebra was most likely produced at the same time (1954, plus or minus a year or two) as Lulac donkey. Steiffgal does know with certainty that Lulac zebra was purchased in the mid to late 1950's at FAO Schwarz in New York. So net net, it is Steiffgal's best guesstimate that Lulac zebra is either a poorly documented United States or FAO Schwarz exclusive edition that was produced in exceedingly small numbers in the mid 1950's.
Steiffgal hopes this introduction to Steiff's Lulac zebra has been quite "zee" exclusive experience for you!
Have a question about one of your Steiff treasures? Let's talk! Click here to learn more.
I'm a wee bit late getting this up but better late than never I guess - coverage of Doll Show 38 which...
The rain has returned here in the Pacific Northwest and as the days start to become more gloomy and we head into fall my kitchen can be quite the drab and a rather uninspiring place. For the past few months I’ve been gathering kitchen ideas and hoping with the installation of my new Delta Touch2O Faucet […]
The kiddos have headed back to school and I’ve found our weeknights are already full with activities and after school plans. When the back to school rush hits I really turn to simple and fresh dinner ideas that are easy to make but that I know my whole family will enjoy. While shopping at […]
I’ll say it. I prefer the War Machine armor over the Iron Man armor. No, I’m not saying war is the solution to things. I just think it makes more sense. Of course, it’s hard to be warlike when you are stylized as a bobble head. Fan’s of Funko will not be surprised by his [...]
adfunture’s Yoka figure is back and is ready to hit the courts in this brand new collaborative release with G-SHOCK. This limited release is dawning Stephon Marbury’s jersey of the Beijing Ducks. No official date of it’s release, but it is mentioned it will take place sometime this month. Stay...
We cannot get enough of Craola’s Ralf figure and we are ever so stoked to his reveal of the 5 different colorways. From left to right we have the OG Colorway 1/5, Azul 2/5, Crimson 3/5, In Shadows 4/5, and Glowing Fear 5/5. There is also the Rancid Ralf that...
“Holly H.” got a very nice surprise – upgrade in her Factory Sealed Case N … The case is supposed to include a regular Rip Clutchgoneski but in all the repacking, unpacking and re-packing, it seems a Metallic Finish Rip Clutchgoneski must’ve slipped in from the “Kmart Case.” I originally thought this Gold Metallic Rip [...]
Halloween Haunted House is an e-pattern to create an 8" by 8"mug rug using my custom designed Halloween Haunted House Mini Quilt fabric - http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/2202845. The Halloween haunted house with ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, witches hat, spider webs, and bats is surrounded by bright and cheery Halloween colored binding fabric. What could be cheerier than enjoying a cup of coffee or tea while visiting the Halloween Haunted House.
The pattern is very easy to make and includes text instructions, step-by-step color diagrams for finishing the mug rug from start to finish and full page single sided pattern piece sheets. The pattern also includes suggestions for alternative bindings like those shown in the picture above.
Designer - Linda Walsh Originals
For more information on my new Halloween Haunted House Mug Rug e-pattern please CLICK HERE.