Articles on this Page
- 09/07/13--07:00: _Fingerprint Unearth...
- 09/07/13--07:21: _Photo of the Day by...
- 09/07/13--08:00: _Keep Calm Autobots ...
- 09/07/13--09:20: _Dr. Wu DW-18 Club o...
- 09/07/13--09:24: _Retro Robot Radio 3...
- 09/07/13--09:29: _Weekend To Do List ...
- 09/07/13--11:00: _EA Sports UFC to Fe...
- 09/07/13--13:16: _Transformers 4 - Tr...
- 09/07/13--13:16: _Transformers: Monst...
- 09/07/13--14:29: _G.I. Joe Retaliatio...
- 09/06/13--10:02: _Mystical Warriors o...
- 09/06/13--12:26: _Pillow Tag – HELLO ...
- 09/06/13--15:22: _Onell’s Special Sun...
- 09/06/13--18:55: _Back to School Cavey
- 09/07/13--15:00: _This new Asuka pre-...
- 09/07/13--17:15: _Seen: Joe Ledbetter...
- 09/07/13--17:18: _Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 09/07/13--17:46: _Soft, Foam Blocks f...
- 09/07/13--22:27: _Help the Small Pres...
- 09/07/13--22:47: _End of an Era for R...
- 09/07/13--07:00: Fingerprint Unearths New Get Rocky App
- 09/07/13--07:21: Photo of the Day by Tom in CA
- 09/07/13--08:00: Keep Calm Autobots and Decepticons Transformers Posters
- 09/07/13--09:20: Dr. Wu DW-18 Club of Wisdom Bumblebee Gun Cane New Accessory Images
- 09/07/13--09:24: Retro Robot Radio 3P Transformers Podcast for September 7th 2013
- 09/07/13--09:29: Weekend To Do List READ: Swissted: Vintage Rock Posters Remixed...
- READ: Swissted: Vintage Rock Posters Remixed and Reimagined. Swissted is an ongoing art project by graphic designer Mike Joyce combining his love of Swiss minimalist with punk rock. All of the shows in this book actually happened and you can see the originals versus the Swissted versions over here. Oh, and the font used on all the posters isn’t Helvetica, it’s Berthold Akzidenz-Grotesk medium, in case you were wondering.
- WATCH: Timecrimes. Weird Spanish time travel murder mystery. It’s on Netflix streaming and we’re gonna’ talk about it on next week Albotas Live, so watch it and come talk about it with us!
- GO TO: Magic Celebration Day. Whether you’re already addicted to the cardboard crack that is Magic: The Gathering, or you’re just thinking of getting into it, Magic Celebration day is great place to start. You get a bunch of cards AND IT’S COMPLETELY FREE! Click here to check out the details and how to find a Magic Celebration near you.
- 09/07/13--11:00: EA Sports UFC to Feature Female Fighters
- 09/06/13--10:02: Mystical Warriors of the Ring at PowerCon
- 09/06/13--12:26: Pillow Tag – HELLO My Name Is
- 09/06/13--15:22: Onell’s Special Sunday Release
- 09/06/13--18:55: Back to School Cavey
- 09/07/13--15:00: This new Asuka pre-order bares all
- 09/07/13--17:15: Seen: Joe Ledbetter x TLS Zombie Bunny Release
- 09/07/13--17:18: Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 09/07/13--17:46: Soft, Foam Blocks from Soft Blocks Are Great Fidget Toys
- 09/07/13--22:27: Help the Small Press Actually Press: Yeti Comics Kickstarter I...
- Bird Witch Collection by Kat Leyh (Fall/Winter)
- Pecos Collection by RJ Casey and Eric Roesner (Fall/Winter)
- Rose from the Dead by Andrea Bell (Fall/Winter)
- Poop, Boobs, Poo by Sam Sharpe (Spring/Summer)
- Well Come by Erik Nebel (Spring/Summer)
- The Summit by RJ Casey and Gabriel Bautista (Spring/Summer)
- 09/07/13--22:47: End of an Era for Rocket World and the IWG
Fingerprint has released an immersive science and adventure app for kids ages 6 to 12, Get Rocky. This tilt-and-slide trek follows Digger as he glides, spins, and battles his way to the center of the Earth to find his son, Rocky, a young mole with a knack for trouble. As the journey heats up, players [...]
|J'Adore modeling a gown by Atelier Soda.|
Words don't do justice to this magnificent creation. Tom posted this on Studio Commissary.
Atelier Soda created this miniature rendition inspired by a piece from Christian Dior/John Galliano's Spring 2007 Haute Couture runway collection. http://www.viva-soda.com/Product%20-%203%20Haute%20Couture/Atelier/Product_CT005_CoutureNo5.html
For my readers who don't know yet...J'Adore is a 16" resin BJD version of Gene Marshall designed by Mel Odom and produced by JamieShow. She was the most recent FDQ exclusive. Tom has redressed and re-wigged her for this stunning photograph.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but it is still an ugly world out there. Thankfully, we have the Transformers Optimus Prime to remind us to Keep Calm. I like that meme so much, I made this handy poster you can download and share on facebook and twitter pages. UPDATE: Thanks to Tformers Mar Omega, we have added a Decepticon version as well. Enjoy!
Just in are new images of the Dr. Wu DW-18 Club of Wisdom accessory weapons that look like Bumblebee's pimp cane as depicted in the IDW comic. Dr Wu have taken this idea and made it into a transformers rifle. Check out the new images showing Generations Bumblebee with the actual Dr. Wu DW-18 Club of Wisdom accessory below for the full details.
Retro Robot Radio 3P Transformers Podcast for September 7th 2013 is now online. Includes the latest news on projects from Artfeather, FansProject, Keith's Fantasy Club, Maketoys, Mastermind Creations, Mastershooter Collectibles, PICC, Toys Toys, Unknown Factory Originals and X2 Toys. Also includes the latest high quality KO Transformer reproduction, Brownking, and a light hearted comedy segment called "It might be a knockoff".
Weekend To Do List
Electronic Arts Inc. has announced that EA Sports UFC will feature playable female fighters for the first time ever in a UFC video game. This moment is being headlined by UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and top bantamweight contender Miesha Tate. Starting next Spring, players will be able to “Feel the Fight” in the Octagon and [...]
We have details on yet another Transformers 4 book from a listing on Amazon. This one's a bit more interesting as it gives us information about the novel length book that will be titled "Transformers Classified: The Complete Mission" by authors Ryder Windham and Jason Fry. The book that is also aimed at young readers, reveals a bit of an original story we assume is not part of the Micheal Bay directed movie. This story involves a 12 year old boy Kevin Bowman who makes new friends with the Autobots while searching for older brother who has disappeared. Read the full details below.
THE RETURN! In the early days of the war on CYBERTRON MEGATRONs journey into the abyss is over. OPTIMUS PRIMEs grip on the planet is slipping. GRIMLOCK and the DINOBOTS hold onto sanity by a thread. Now, all the threads draw together and the world will shudder.
Mystical Warriors of the Ring will be releasing a pair of Sheldon Sabre figures at PowerCon (September 14th and 15th in Torrance, CA). He is the poster child for 80′s wrestling excess, like if you mixed the persona’s of Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan with the cocky attitude of Mr Perfect Curt Henning. There will […]
From the Pillow Tag line comes a DIY customizable plush "HELLO My Name Is". The 8.5" x 11" plush is made of 100% Cotton Canvas Fabric and will sell for $25.00 each. The design is inspired by the graffiti motif, of artist using "Hello My Name Is" stickers as a platform, to create elaborate works […]
Onell Design has announced that a Traveler from the past will return this Sunday, September 8th 2013, at 9:30PM ET. There will be a whole lineup of new releases posted on Onell's website over the next few days...in the anticipation of the big drop.
Holly Stanway has announced the September 2013 Cavey. The Back to School Cavey is made from grey polar fleece with a hand cut, hand painted collar and tie. Limited to 50 numbered pieces, each one includes a purple enamel Cavey badge and a Cavey Cube. Back to School Cavey will go on sale in the […]
Poor, poor Griffon. They've yet to learn, and Senran Kagura is dealt another blow even after a truly lackluster Katsuragi. Lead heroine Asuka is next on the list, and unfortunately, she's just as "meh' as the last reveal from Griffon. I won't lie, the perv in me is digging the bared stomach and battle-damaged outfit in general. But that's about where the positives end.
For one, her pose seems pretty stiff and unnatural, even for holding her swords out at her sides. "Griffon face" is in full effect as well, making her features look almost pinched and chipmunky. Sadly, she looks more like a cheap prize figure more than a quality release, but you'll still be handing over ¥7,140 if you want to get your hands on her in October.
On Saturday afternoon, Joe Ledbetter and The Loyal Subjects released the new blue + pink Zombie Bunny vinyl. Joe signed the figures for collectors in the TLS pop-up within Meltdown Comics in Hollywood and treated them to zombie tacos, cupcakes and more. Limited to 700 pieces, the new Zombie Chaos...
UPDATE! We done it! The 2020 Olympic Games will be held in Tokyo!
Show your support for Japan!
Disclosure: I received a sample of these soft, foam blocks from Soft Blocks. Any opinions are my own. For the past few weeks, I’ve found so many great uses for these squishy foam blocks. These blocks are made from the same material that you might have in your favorite stress ball. However, what a stress […]
Help the Small Press Actually Press: Yeti Comics Kickstarter
I rarely support Kickstarters for comics, but these guys definitely could use a helping hand. I know Yeti Press and I know the quality they’re striving for — this really relies on the help of the comic book community if they can achieve that success or not. Please help out! The good people of Yeti Press would like to share amazing indie comics with you.
They’re asking for $10,000 for a 2014 subscription service. They’ve already got nearly $4,000 of that money. Options available on the service are FALL/WINTER, SPRING/SUMMER, or FULL YEAR subscriptions. They plan on releasing three titles each two seasons of the year, including:
Pledgers of $50 or more can choose to sub for the Fall/Winter batch or Spring/Summer batch of comics. There’s also awesome prints and commissions to be owned by you if you choose to chip in the corresponding amount of donation money.
You can’t go wrong helping a small comic book publisher. Anything counts, so please consider a donation!
Today is a sad day for Rocket World/IWG fans. Founder Patrick Ma announced on Facebook: “I regret to announce that with my recent separation on May 1st, 2013 from Triple Aught Design, LLC as a result of unresolved disputes with … Continue reading →