Articles on this Page
- 08/13/13--17:32: _Law Offices of Howa...
- 08/13/13--19:11: _Ron English’s OG Bi...
- 08/13/13--19:13: _The Last Of Us - Th...
- 08/13/13--21:45: _Seat Pets Tan Dog C...
- 08/13/13--22:28: _Kronk x Pobber Bad...
- 08/13/13--23:38: _Scribe Resin Sumego
- 08/14/13--01:00: _Kris Dulfer's new r...
- 08/14/13--01:00: _Teenage Mutant Ninj...
- 08/14/13--01:42: _Mattel Disney Pixar...
- 08/14/13--02:38: _Ikkyuu at CJC
- 08/14/13--02:40: _Daryl Dixon's Walke...
- 08/14/13--02:52: _Street Fighter Chun...
- 08/14/13--03:00: _Finalists for "...
- 08/14/13--04:00: _Bootleg Resin Lucha...
- 08/14/13--04:00: _Schylling Toys Acqu...
- 08/14/13--04:00: _Matty Collector's A...
- 08/14/13--04:00: _ooh la la la la
- 08/14/13--04:25: _Toys "R" ...
- 08/14/13--04:26: _Magical Mirai
- 08/14/13--04:33: _set database: LEGO ...
- 08/13/13--19:11: Ron English’s OG Big..umm…
- 08/13/13--19:13: The Last Of Us - The Albotas Review In a post-apocalyptic...
- Stealth scenarios that can be tackled countless ways. No two playthroughs are ever the same.
- Upgrade and resource management management akin to survival horror games of yore. You’ll need to strategically calculate the use of every disposable weapon and make every bullet count if you want to survive.
- A realistically unique take on the tired zombie apocalypse cliché.
- Captivating characters, cinematic gameplay sequences and set pieces, and intense emotional situations come together with perfect voice acting and expressive animations to tell one of the greatest stories ever told in video games.
- Exploration pays off. There’s nothing more sucky than scouring every nook and cranny of a video game and not being rewarded with a damn thing. The gorgeously designed areas of The Last of Us are filled with hidden doors, items, and weapons to be scavenged, secret bonus items like comic books and Firefly Pendants, and journal entries that help shape the game’s world and backstory.
- The most thought provoking video game ending in recent memory. You’ll be thinking about it for at least a few hours after the credits have rolled and you’ve turned your PS3 off.
- Not much enemy variety. There’s only 3 different kinds of infected (the kind that can see you, the kind that can’t, and the big kind), and the human enemies all pretty much feel the same.
- More weapon variety would have been nice, but it’s the apocalypse, so it kind of makes sense not to have rocket launchers and grenades all over the place.
- Aside from the combat, progressing through the game feels as though it’s on rails at times. Fortunately, once you realize The Last Of Us is less about choices and more about experiencing and living out the main character’s story, you’ll more than likely not even care.
- 08/13/13--21:45: Seat Pets Tan Dog Car Seat Toy
- With Seat Pets, your Seatbelt always stays in place
- No More dangling heads or sore necks
- Easily attaches to seatbelts
- Take your Set Pets with you
- 08/13/13--22:28: Kronk x Pobber Bad Ass Stealth (+ Toxic Chase)
- 08/13/13--23:38: Scribe Resin Sumego
- 08/14/13--01:00: Kris Dulfer's new releases are mixed with Daft and death
- 08/14/13--01:00: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Donatello
- 08/14/13--02:38: Ikkyuu at CJC
- 08/14/13--02:40: Daryl Dixon's Walker Ears Prop Replica with Display Case
- 08/14/13--02:52: Street Fighter Chun-Li Bishoujo Statue
- 08/14/13--03:00: Finalists for "Best Customizer" in the 2013 Designer Toy Awards Are…
- 08/14/13--04:00: Bootleg Resin Luchador: MIXTAPE release from Scraped Resin
- 08/14/13--04:00: Matty Collector's August (public) sale starts in 24 hours
- 08/14/13--04:00: ooh la la la la
- 08/14/13--04:25: Toys "R" Us to Open More Than 100 Stores in 2013, Focus on China
- 08/14/13--04:26: Magical Mirai
- 08/14/13--04:33: set database: LEGO 70401 gold getaway
[Business Wire] - Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California on behalf of a class comprising all purchasers of the securities of JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
There's no real real way to introduce Ron English's Big Boner. No way that is said without a snicker or two. So we'll jump right on in. BlackBook Toy has announced the release of their newest toy from artist Ron English. The "Big Boner" is based on the skull character in his book, Stickable Art […]
The Last Of Us - The Albotas Review
In a post-apocalyptic future, 20 years after cordyceps brain infection (CBI), a fungal virus, has mutated most of humanity into blood-crazed corpses, a young girl named Ellie is immune and her blood could be mankind’s last hope. You play as Joel, the reluctant hero tasked with escorting Ellie safely to the hands of the Fireflies, an anti-militia group fighting against tyrannical military oppression. Naughty Dog combines stealth action and survival horror to weave what is quite possibly the greatest narrative use of video games.
[X] NOT AWESOME
If you own a PlayStation 3, enjoy top notch storytelling and production values, and possess the mental capacity to view video games as art, you absolutely must play this game. Years from now, The Last Of Us will be cited as a pivotal role in changing the shape of gaming as a storytelling medium. Also, easily one of, if not THE, greatest video game ending of all time. If you were a gamer back in the PS1 days and remember dreaming up what the cinematic future of video games would be like, this is it.
To sum The Last of Us up in one word: Important.
Now your children can "Buckle Up and Snuggle Up" with the best new travel sensation called Seat Pets. No more asking, "are we there yet.?" Seat Pets attach to every seat belt and offer comfort, support and storage for children. Fit items as large was a water bottle inside the pockets of this product. An excellent way to keep kids comfortable and most importantly, safe, while traveling.
Seat Pets Tan Dog Car Seat Toy
Pobber has just released the Bad Ass Stealth Edition by Kronk. This second edition follows on the heels of the debut SDCC edition with a sweet black + light blue color scheme which ‘pops’ nicely. That alone would be enough for us, but Pobber and Kronk have juiced things by...
Scribe’s Sumego is getting a bit of a face lift with the help of Adam of True Cast Studio. You may not believe it, but this is all resin with no paint application. Each piece is colored and fits perfectly together to bring the Sumego character to life. The detail...
Toy artist, Kris Dulfer of Kid Ink Industries, will be releasing new figures in his online store starting on August 16. The first figure that will be available is called Marvelous Death. This resin figure shows Death cloaked in a colorful robe, and has been hand casted, hand tinted and hand painted.
This figure will come polybagged with header art from Trollpiss with a bonus artist paintway by Soko Cat. This figure will be limited to a run of 20 and will be available for US$65 on August 16. Dulfer's next release will be of two party machines called Dance Punks.
These resin figures are an homage to French electro duo, Daft Punk,and will come polybagged. There will also be a limited run that will include bonus plexicarded glow in the dark versions of the duo. Prices for these figures haven't been announced, but these will be available on August 23.
The last release will be of a figure called the Ferryman. This original hand casted resin figure represents Charon from Greek mythology who takes the dead across the River Styx. There will be a limited run of this figure in one off colorways. For US$40, this figure will be released on August 30.
[via Tenacious Toys]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Donatello -- $7.85
For the launch of CARS in 2006, they produced 4 Radiator Springs Townie Playsets to scale and with maximum cannoncity. Flo’s V8 Cafe, Luigi’s Casa Della Tires, Radiator Springs Curio Shop & Ramone’s House Of Body Art. Now a couple of them had hidden ramps and launchers but for canon collectors, they tucked inside the [...]
Ikkyuu-sensei has been working very closely with us for the past couple of years, bringing us the most...
This "scene" / community we all choose to dwell in, consists primary of two distinct notions: Production Toys, and Custom Toys. And while PT might encompasses both mass and indie produced products, CT practitioners do not see the difference, and works on both products.
I remember the days if yore when designing toys made into production pieces made the creator/designer a SUPERSTAR… now, a TOY CUSTOMIZER walks the same stage of stardom now, in a spotlight solely dedicated to their craft, and vision. All thanks to the paradgrim shift of DIY toys, and of the community to be able to embrace the notion of defacing someone else's designs hahahaha
Out if the nine listed finalists, more than half have also crossed over to the PT-border, but still practices their craft in the DIY-realms. And more than half changes the form of their products, while less than half exercises their paintery skills instead.
This particular category is closed to public voting, and will be up to a closed panel of judges to choose the sole winner. This list is a tight fight with quite a few personal favorites, but I would cast my vote for either/both Charles Rodriguez and 64 Colors - for Charles's deceptively simple by nigh effective character designs and crisp lines, and 64Colors' continued paintry skills and visual story-telling in their 3D-canvas.
(DTA 2013 Finalists announced HERE
All listings via Designer Toy Awards Facebook)
Scheduled for a release at the Scraped Resin store this Wednesday August 14th at 5pm PST - are a series of bootleg resin luchadors dubbed "Battling Bastards" from Robert Rodriguez of Scraped Resin - with the newest figure MIXTAPE!
"This first edition will feature a run of 10 carded figures in 4 different colorways with a special chase figure thrown in to the mix. Each figure will run US$65 and will come with a full color cardback, featuring a resealable plastic bubble so you can display your Mixtape carded or loose. The figures will be sold blind-bagged."
Schylling Associates, Inc., a leading independent toy and gift designer, manufacturer and distributor, has been acquired by investment firms Crofton Capital, LLC and Gladstone Inve
Matty Collector's August 2013 sale, which begins in exactly twenty-four hours, will feature two new Masters characters (Shokoti and Castaspella), a new DCU (Fire), and the Ghostbusters Ecto Goggles prop replica, as well as several 're-releases'. All things considered, it's a pretty big month.
Hit the jump for the rundown.
This isn’t supposed to be a Wordless Wednesday post, but honestly, these Couture Dolls from La Lovie are so awe-some I’m not sure what else to say. I think you know it all already: from my doll obsession, to their fashionable details, to the fact that these are more for us than for “them” (the [...]
Toys "R" Us to Open More Than 100 Stores in 2013, Focus on China
Today we cover some updates on Project Mirai - Mirai Suenaga Smart Doll is completely modeled digitall...
set name: gold getaway
the carriage has a prison door, 4 wheels and a treasure chest.
the crossbow has 2 wheels and a flick missile.
also included a horse.
minifigs included 2 king’s knight minifigs and a dragon soldier minifig.
overall design is great.
must have for castle lovers.