Articles on this Page
- 08/04/13--22:13: _Mattel Batman Class...
- 08/04/13--22:33: _CSC-Score #2: Tatt...
- 08/04/13--22:40: _CSC-Score #3: SDCC ...
- 08/04/13--23:03: _Ron English's Big B...
- 08/04/13--23:25: _Bad Apple Liquid Er...
- 08/04/13--23:26: _coarse x Rotofugi L...
- 08/04/13--23:48: _Toy manufacturers t...
- 08/05/13--01:00: _Three new Idol M@st...
- 08/05/13--01:00: _Fisher-Price Little...
- 08/05/13--01:00: _Despicable Me 2 Far...
- 08/05/13--01:55: _Drumond Park Bubble...
- 08/05/13--02:00: _Preview Vertex's No...
- 08/05/13--03:00: _Revoltech Raiden sn...
- 08/05/13--03:10: _Disney Pixar CARS: ...
- 08/05/13--04:00: _how a toy becomes a...
- 08/05/13--04:05: _Shrewsbury lorry dr...
- 08/05/13--04:33: _set database: LEGO ...
- 08/05/13--05:00: _Pic of the Day >...
- 08/05/13--05:00: _Adam Sessler talks ...
- 08/05/13--05:07: _Mattel Disney CARS:...
- 08/04/13--22:13: Mattel Batman Classic TV Series 60's Batmobile Video Review & Images
- 08/04/13--22:33: CSC-Score #2: Tattoo-Me Keith by James Jarvis x SILAS
- 08/04/13--23:03: Ron English's Big Boner OG Pre-Order from BlackBook Toy (Aug 6)
- 08/04/13--23:26: coarse x Rotofugi Lottery
- 08/04/13--23:48: Toy manufacturers to demand removal of 5% VAT
- 08/05/13--01:00: Three new Idol M@ster Beach Queens spotted
- 08/05/13--01:00: Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace
- 08/05/13--01:55: Drumond Park Bubble Buster Kazoo
- 08/05/13--02:00: Preview Vertex's Noel from BlazBlue
- 08/05/13--03:00: Revoltech Raiden sneaks in for pre-orders
- 08/05/13--03:10: Disney Pixar CARS: Disney Store Ramone & Yellow Lightning McQueen
- 08/05/13--04:00: how a toy becomes a toy
- 08/05/13--04:05: Shrewsbury lorry driver's collection of Dinky toys sells for £11,000
- 08/05/13--04:33: set database: LEGO 75020 jabba's sail barge
- 08/05/13--05:00: Pic of the Day > Darth Maul – hasbro – black series by sir_winger
- 08/05/13--05:00: Adam Sessler talks to Alexey Pajitnov, Creator of Tetris This is...
- 08/05/13--05:07: Mattel Disney CARS: Micro Drifters Series 1 Almost Complete
I had no idea TATTOO-ME KEITH was actually that big a figure! Designed by James Jarvis and released in 2000 under the SILAS brand (over a decade ago!), the blister-carded figure includes a sheet of "tattoos" with the vinyl figure possessing movable wrist studs, and removable slippers! Here are some images presented as a video slideshow for your viewing pleasures :)
I have to admit, I have developed a 'weakness' for funko's POP! Vinyls (I've declared it before, haven't I?), and spotting this METALLIC Edition of SINESTRO at a seller's table in the flea market today, was a delightful surprise. Displayed without a box, I had first had misgivings when I saw 'scars' on its face - unsure if it is part of the design, or an actual fault (hence the price tag) - but i found it 'charming' and bought it anyways …
It was only until I googled it later at home that I found it was a deliberate design, and as well rediscovered it to be a 2011 San Diego Comic Con edition, limited to 480 pieces. I am pretty happy with this find, and it mos def will go well with my Green Lantern Hal Jordan POP! piece haha … as well, Sinestro was also the only character from the 'live'-action Green Lantern movie I liked LOL
Having seen the genesis of Ron English's BIG BONER, and with the success of the Sold Out status for both the GID Edition in San Diego Comic Con and all-Black Edition for Taipei toy Festival, producers Blackbook Toy readies to unleash the OG Edition at midnight of August 6th! (LA:August 5th 8am / NY:August 5th 11am / LONDON:August 5th 4pm).
This OG Edition figure is double molded - with clear vinyl on the outside and white vinyl inside, highlighted with grey wipe (to make the skeleton pop!). Standing 21cm (8.3”) tall, this magnificent sofubi figure is limited to only 150 pieces, and priced at 10500 yen (approximately US$106). Order directly via this page. Looks like an unavoidable purchase for me...
Available for online ore-orders now direct from mightyjaxx.com is the "Bad Apple Liquid Erosion" [last featured] priced at USD$150 for either the Instinctoy (red grenade) and GOIN (white grenade) editions - both in a limited edition of 150pcs per version. Shipping is expected to be end-August 2013, and "Late buyers will have a later shipping date…'
Oh man, temptation is really nigh for me here…!
Rotofugi x coarse is currently holding a lottery where folks stand a chance to have the opportunity to purchase coarse's San Diego Comic Con and "souls gone mad" releases, with entries accepted through 12 Noon Central Time on Wednesday, August 7, 2013. Good chance for folks unable to physically attend both events, methinks!
Note that there is a strictly enforced limit of one entry per customer/household. Each piece will be limited to one per customer and separate drawings will be held for the individual items. 'Winners' will then be selected via a random draw on Wednesday, August 7 and folks will be notified of their status (whether selected or not) via email that same day. Good luck, people!
Manufacturers claim that Chinese toys have hampered their business to a great extent.
It never ceases to amaze me how many ladies that Wave manages to turn into Beach Queens in such a short time. Recently I even wrote a little round up of seven upcoming Beach Queens to try to show just how many they make.
The latest bunch of Queens that were spotted are version two's of three popular characters from The Idol Master. From left to right pictured is Miki, Azusa and Takane. It's difficult to make many comments about these three from just one photo and seeing as they are unpainted but, well I'll be blunt. I think their breast sizes are a little over-exaggerated or maybe just too perfectly round. Something is a tad bit off but still recasting these ladies in a sitting pose is sort of cool. These become small enough to put around a collection as if they were some sort of mini figure instead of full sized ones. Maybe these three will look more interesting once they are painted.
Via Koji Nagami on Twitter
Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace -- $39.97
Despicable Me 2 Fart Blaster: A Despicable Minion Gadget (Frustration Free Packaging) -- $17.95
On sunny summer days, children aged four and over can play the new Bubble Buster Kazoo game from Drumond Park.
Vertex recently showed off a very cool prototype of Noel hailing from the ever popular fighting game BlazBlue. I'm no expert on Blazblue, but this sculpt of Noel looks to be the most epic sculpt that Vertex has attempted in some time. It has motion, it shows skin, has cool guns, ribbons and hair flying all over.
Overall it is a cool and over the top design. Really I wish that some company were to design figures as cool as this for my own favorite fighting game series but for now I gotta tilt my hat to Vertex and say that they did a good job. Fans of Noel will hopefully be pleased.
Via Vertex's Blog
Metal Gear Revengence has actually gotten people to like Raiden's design, which is something I didn't think was possible. Kaiyodo has already had their hand in making Revoltech Snake, but now the company will use their talents to make Revoltech Raiden.
The first time that Revoltech Raiden was spotted was just last week at WonFes. One week later, pre-orders have opened up for the figure. They've really stepped up the accessory count for Raiden, with his sword, knife, optional hands, eye-pieces and a sliced watermelon. Diced fruit is a new for Revoltech, so maybe they'll take care to not make the paint sloppy. No one wants sloppy watermelon.
Pre-Orders have opened up for Revoltech Raiden, coming out this November for ¥4,267. Revoltech Snake will be joining Raiden in November, receiving a re-release for a retail price of ¥3,791. I missed out on Snake the first time, so there's a new chance to grab him. You can find the pre-order links down below.
The Ramone O Rama box set also features a “Yellow” Lightning McQueen on the back (it looks Green but “Quercy” who sent in the photo says it’s yellow). “Quercy” also says the Disney Store employee told him it was an exclusive and not going to be in the Disney Stores – a Disney Store D23 [...]
You know that one time when I designed some toys for that one company? That is my other job, after all, though this blog takes up more time than I should probably ever admit! I thought I’d share – with Skip Hop’s gracious permission – a quick glimpse into how a toy becomes a toy. [...]
A retired Shropshire lorry driver’s toy collection, including some rare Dinky Supertoys, sold for £11,000 at auction.
set name: jabba's sail barge
theme: starwars, episode 4-5-6
the sail barge has a hidden pirate cannon, a deck cannon with flick missiles, openable side windows, fold down sides, removable deck to reveal a jail, a kitchen and jabba's cabin.
minifigs included a jabba the hutt minifig, an r2-d2 minifig, a princess leia minifig in slave outfit, a max rebo minifig, a weequay minifig and a ree-yees minifig.
overall design is great.
must have for starwars lovers.
Darth Maul – hasbro – black series by sir_winger Submit your Flickr photos to Poe Ghostal’s Pic of the Day!
Adam Sessler talks to Alexey Pajitnov, Creator of Tetris
This is an excellent interview executed by game journalist, Adam Sessler, in which he speaks with Alexey Pajitnov, creator of Tetris, on how the game started, how he busted through the industry, and his relation to Russia’s gaming industry at the time, versus America’s industry.
Last September, Mattel threw a launch party for Micro Drifters – it took a while but they finally starting drifting out in late Spring – and it looks like the last 3 3-packs completes nearly everything shown at the party. The remaining 2 Tuners – DJ & Boost. Kabuto & Yokoza Toon Tuners. And Red [...]