Articles on this Page
- 07/16/13--10:52: _2013 SDCC Visitors ...
- 07/16/13--11:00: _Gallery1988 for #SD...
- 07/16/13--11:00: _MBE Releases Despic...
- 07/16/13--11:20: _Coarse x Rotofugi -...
- 07/16/13--11:31: _A major change for ...
- 07/16/13--11:50: _Three fantasy toys ...
- 07/16/13--12:00: _Giant Robot for #SD...
- 07/16/13--12:07: _Top 3 fantasy toys ...
- 07/16/13--12:41: _Mad Barbarians are ...
- 07/16/13--12:42: _tokidoki at SDCC C...
- 07/16/13--13:00: _More Previews for R...
- 07/16/13--13:00: _Virtual Piggy Partn...
- 07/16/13--13:00: _Child's Perspective...
- 07/16/13--13:13: _Hasbro Announced Du...
- 07/16/13--13:15: _The LEGO Movie Vide...
- 07/16/13--13:19: _Figures Based On Ar...
- 07/16/13--13:33: _Dan Hipp’s “TOX!” M...
- 07/16/13--13:46: _Get A Customized Fi...
- 07/16/13--13:51: _LeapFrog To Webcast...
- 07/16/13--14:39: _4 Reasons To Leap I...
- 07/16/13--11:00: Gallery1988 for #SDCC2013 San Diego Comic Con
- 07/16/13--11:00: MBE Releases Despicable Me 2 Toys in India
- 07/16/13--11:50: Three fantasy toys for the super-rich
- 07/16/13--12:00: Giant Robot for #SDCC2013 (Part Two)
- 07/16/13--12:07: Top 3 fantasy toys for the super-rich
- 07/16/13--12:41: Mad Barbarians are Coming to SDCC
- 07/16/13--13:00: Virtual Piggy Partners With Innovation First For E-commerce Platform
- 07/16/13--13:00: Child's Perspective Of A New LEGO BLock
- 07/16/13--13:13: Hasbro Announced Dungeons & Dragons Kre-O
- 07/16/13--13:15: The LEGO Movie Videogame
- 07/16/13--13:19: Figures Based On Arrow TV Series & More Coming From DC Collectibles
- 07/16/13--13:33: Dan Hipp’s “TOX!” Monster Custom Vinyl at SDCC
- 07/16/13--13:51: LeapFrog To Webcast Second Quarter 2013 Results On August 1, 2013
- 07/16/13--14:39: 4 Reasons To Leap Into LeapFrog
OK, for the 1 or 2 curious BAT-BLOG Readers out there who don't know what "SDCC" stands for, it's the "San Diego Comic Con". This event, also known as 2013 SDCC, happens this weekend... actually it starts on Thursday, July 18th and runs until Sunday. DC Comics and Warner Bros will both be there and this year they have a special promo give-away that every serious Batman Fan is gonna want to get their hands on. I love the color photo of Adam West and Burt Ward! Then they did an "Andy Warhol-inspired" treatment on Cesar Romero's Joker!
This year they have a special "Classic 1966 BATMAN TV Series" Backpack (or "Goodie Bag, as some people call them) that also comes with a special CAPE! Yes, you read that right, they put a removable "cape" on it! Don't believe me? Just look at the pic down below, ha!
@ San Diego Comic Con (July 17-21, 2013) are the following:
My Baby Excels (MBE), along with Thinkway Toys, released a new line of toys in India, based on the characters of Despicable Me 2. The toy range includes interactive figures like Gru, Agnes, and the yellow minions Stuart and Dave. All the toys are suitable for kids ages 4 and up, and are available at leading retail stores [...]
What are your plans for Saturday Night at SDCC ? If you’re a Coarse Fan, you’ll definitely want to drop by the Horton Grand Hotel – Regal Ballroom for their just announced, one-night only ‘Nowhere Far’ pop-up exhibition and release in conjunction with Rotofugi. Both Coarse founders, Mark Landwehr and...
Summertime seems to bring out a rash of "fantasy" products for the super-rich-crazy trophy toys that are either too crazy or cutting-edge even for today's super-rich. A look at three of the best we've seen.
[Click HERE to view previous posted items]
A look at three "fantasy" products that are either too crazy or cutting-edge even for today's super-rich.
We’re happy to report that Japanese artists Mad Barbarians are going to be at SDCC this year, their first visit in quite awhile. They’ll be signing at the Toy Tokyo booth [#5337] on Saturday (7.20) from 2 to 3 PM in conjunction with the release of their Hello Kitty toy...
tokidoki has alot of new product in store for SDCC including the brand-new Comic-Corno vinyl figure (5”, $30), as well as several new t-shirts including several crossover designs with Street Fighter, Mad Barbarians, Stoopid Monkey and new Sol Republic Headphone band / draw string bag. In addition, the just released...
More Previews for Remix Big Boss Robot on display at the Giant Robot booth #1729 @ San Diego Comic Con (July 17-21, 2013) - including the above limited edition INFECTED BIG BOSS ROBOT figures by Scott Wilkowski (who will be signing from 2pm on Friday July 19th). No further product details for these amazing looking pieces tho … Meanwhile, here are some customs of the 8-incher I snagged off the www:
Above-Right: "Peaceful Moment" by A Little Stranger (view MORE here)
Bottom: Both faces by Jeremiah Ketner
Below: Jason Limon
[View previously posted customs HERE]
Virtual Piggy, Inc. has integrated its youth-friendly payment system to Innovation First International, the company behind Hexbug Micro Robotic Creatures and Vex Robotics product lines. Hexbug products are available in more than 4,000 outlets globally including Walmart, Target, Toys “R” Us, RadioShack, and other mass and specialty retailers. Virtual Piggy is integrated directly into Innovation First International’s Hexbug [...]
Numerous reports proved that children learn better when they use all their senses – See, touch, hear, smell and taste. Imagine a child who is creating a dinosaur with a play-doh. They are using all their senses while doing so, they can feel the clay and smell it too. Isn’t that the right way to learn?
A child’s job is to play and that’s something we should take seriously. The scope of play is too vast and can’t be covered in an article. So, here I will like to understand how children approach Toys and Games, using an example of what all a child does once given a new Lego-
1. Functional Play: When you give a new Lego toy in your child’s hands, they want to know all about its functionality. How does it work? What does it feel like to touch it? Do the bricks fit in my hands or are they too small? Am I able to interlock the Lego bricks? This kind of free exploration of the toy is required, as understanding the attributes of this toy makes it easier for them to decide at a later date, where all they can use this block set?
2. Constructive Play: Now comes the real construction bit. Your child starts building, sometimes using their imagination, sometimes looking for a design in the manual. In constructive play your child is usually building something – a car or maybe a tower or even a complex design. While in this mode the questions that the child is asking themselves are
a) How can i make this tower? Do I have enough support at the base?
b) Do I have enough red blocks to complete this pattern that I have started?
c) Can I make a castle with these blocks but what kind of material should I use to make the flag?
3. Dramatic or Pretend Play: After exploring and even constructing with the toy, the child gets a very good idea about what the entire Lego set can do. Using that knowledge you will see the child involving in playing out roles, which may start brewing in their minds while exploring or constructing the toy itself.
4. Games with rules: After your child has played out most of the scenarios in their mind, they invite friends over to play with their new Lego set. They start a war and fight at each level as to what they can or cannot do while the war is on. Your figurine can kill the soldier only when he is out of the castle gate. While doing so, they create rules and learn to follow these rules while playing.
As your child is constructing and playing these games, they are inventing newer ways to play. They are in the process also acquiring Cognitive and Social & Emotional skills.
CS Moore Studio’s Mondo-chi line unleashes a monster of a custom vinyl and art print from illustrator, designer and Teen Titans Go! Art Director Dan Hipp. “TOX” is a San DiegoComic Con exclusive limited edition of 199 pieces. Each one comes with a collector’s designer box and a print signed by Mr. Hipp. You can [...]
[PR Newswire] - EMERYVILLE, Calif., July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: LF) today announced that it will webcast its second quarter 2013 results conference call on Thursday, August 1, 2013, ...